xbox game pass PC game install breaking microsoft store app completely

Discus and support xbox game pass PC game install breaking microsoft store app completely in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; current symptoms: Cannot install anything in Microsoft Store app (it will just freeze and crash at some point, already tried repair and reset app). The... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/wizll, Mar 29, 2020.

1. /u/wizll
    /u/wizll Guest

current symptoms: Cannot install anything in Microsoft Store app (it will just freeze and crash at some point, already tried repair and reset app). The game I had tried to install is basically in some limbo state where it never finishes the install (the game shows up in the windows start menu with a progress bar that is empty and never progresses).

what I did to get there, and it's weird, but weird enough to cause the microsoft store app to completely break and no longer function:

I was in the Xbox (beta) windows app, and I started a download for a game for maybe a few seconds, then cancelled it. I then went to the Xbox Game Pass app on my phone and went to the same game, and initiated an install to my win10 PC from there. The app says it'll start soon. Back on my PC, I see a notification that the game started to download/install...and it never finished and as indicated earlier, it just shows the game in the start menu with a progress bar. I cannot "uninstall" it, it does nothing. The Xbox (beta) windows app itself can no longer load now (just shows the green box with xbox logo with the horrendous shadow and never actually loads the app). the microsoft store app, if i go to the download section to see progress, it will never load and spins forever. if I go to try to install an app from the microsoft store, it would freeze up and eventually crash.

submitted by /u/wizll
    [link] [comments]

/u/wizll, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

I cant find my Game Pass for Southeast Asia on my XBOX insider hub (i am from Indonesia)

To get started, download the Xbox Insider app from the Microsoft Store on Windows. After signing into the app with your Microsoft account navigate to the Previews tab and join the PC Game Pass Southeast Asia Market Expansion preview. Wait for the registration to complete and you’re good to go! Now that you’re in the preview launch the Xbox app which can be found in the Microsoft Store on Windows if it’s not already installed. Sign into the Xbox app with the same Microsoft account that you used to join the PC Game Pass Southeast Asia Market Expansion preview and then subscribe to PC Game Pass from within the Xbox app. After signing up for the service you’re ready to start downloading and playing games from the library! As you start to play games and explore the Xbox app, please help us improve the experience by submitting feedback. To submit feedback, click on the user icon in the top right of the Xbox app and select Feedback from the dropdown.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox Game pass for PC

Hello cachorroalfa29,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are being asked to purchase Dead by Daylight even though you have an Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription. We recommend making sure you are signed in to the Microsoft
    Store App, Xbox (beta) App and Xbox Console Companion App with the account that owns the subscription.
    Are you attempting to install the game from the Xbox (beta) App? Are you able to begin the installation when you try downloading the game from the Microsoft Store App? Is this issue occurring with any other Xbox Game Pass for PC games? Be sure
    to let us know the results cachorroalfa29!
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox Game pass beta

You don't need to install anything to have gamepass. Once you purchase it, it is automatically put on your account. If you want to play games on the PC, goto the Microsoft Store, and find the game that is on game pass, then select install from the game
    store page. If you want to install the Xbox beta app, then just install that from the store as well.
  5. XBF-Spartan Win User

Xbox game pass pc wont start death standing error c0000005h

HI mgaoi,

Thanks for your response. Can you please verify a few things for us so that we may better support your issue?

1. PC time/date and region are correct.
    2. Verify that you are logged into the Xbox app and Microsoft Store with the same account that has an active Game Pass subscription.
    3. Verify that you have "Xbox Identity Provider" installed on your PC. You can search for this app in the Microsoft Store.
    4. Verify that your Xbox app (Link) and Xbox Gaming services (Link) are up to date in the Microsoft Store
    5. If the game is completely installed on the PC locate the game in the Start Menu and right click it. Next select "more"" and "Run as Administrator"
  6. Aashisg Win User

Purchased Game Pass Ultimate - but Xbox App fails to load the active subcription & asks me to Join GP Again

I have same problem, xbox app on pc won't recognize i have game pass ultimate. Mobile app dose.even on web it reflects, not chaked on consol. Microsoft store late me download, install & play game pass games.

It seems there is issue whith pc app. All usual measures does not help me.
Thema:

1. xbox game pass PC game install breaking microsoft store app completely - Similar Threads - game pass game

2. Xbox game pass core 3 months congratulations you're one step closer press confirm something...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass core 3 months congratulations you're one step closer press confirm something...: I can't use my game pass core df24437e-9c02-48a0-b86e-53dd02334e60
  3. Xbox Game Pass triel won't work

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass triel won't work: My friend has bought Game Pass and got 5 trial invites, when he sends one and I click on it the page for reedeming codes, says its either miss spelled or gives random error code (he did pressed...
  4. Updated xbox game pass pc now stuck on update

in XboX Insiders
    Updated xbox game pass pc now stuck on update: I updated the Xbox game pass app and now every time i launch the app it just keeps saying i need to update the app its already updated any ideas please submitted by /u/Suspicious_Coach_233...
  5. PC Game Pass and Game Pass rewards quests

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Game Pass and Game Pass rewards quests: I currently have Game Pass Ultimate but since I no longer have a Series X, if I downgrade from Game Pass Ultimate to PC Game Pass, will I still be able to do the Game Pass Rewards quests and earn...
  6. How do I get a refund for the game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get a refund for the game pass: I don’t remember buying the game pass and I have been charged for it today and I would like a refund 430c4316-5f5b-4640-823e-5f573045ef5b
  7. Region policy of Game Pass (about CIS region)

in XboX Insiders
    Region policy of Game Pass (about CIS region): Hey. For the last week I have been in agony because I can't buy a GamePass for PC subscription. I live in Kazakhstan, an independent country of 20 million people, the most developed country in...
  8. can i activate game pass with a vanilla gift card

in XBoX on Windows
    can i activate game pass with a vanilla gift card: can i activate the game pass with a vanilla card 789dbc29-f77a-4c61-bf1f-9aac03b1c0de
  9. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  10. Fallout 3 on game pass cloud problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 3 on game pass cloud problems: I just started playing Fallout 3 from the game pass cloud, all buttons are responding on my newer generation controller except LT and RT, do I need to use an older controller?...