Xbox Game Pass PC game .exe location?

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC game .exe location? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm looking to find where the games are saved and executed on my PC mainly because I want to launch my mouse profiles with the game. I can't seem to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by frostyapples, Jun 18, 2019.

  1. frostyapples
    frostyapples Guest

    Xbox Game Pass PC game .exe location?


    I'm looking to find where the games are saved and executed on my PC mainly because I want to launch my mouse profiles with the game. I can't seem to locate where these files are stored?

    Once I know where the game.exe file is located I can link it back to auto launch profiles when that game is enabled.

    Any help is appreciated.

    :)
     
    frostyapples, Jun 18, 2019
    #1
  2. XBF Ruben D Win User

    Xbox Game Pass PC game .exe location?

    Hello
    patrickb1973
    ,

    Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to games not installing, if you could take a moment and please create a new thread detailing exactly what you've done to try and resolve the issue and what exactly is happening, that
    way we can tailor our support to you. At this time, however, we will be locking this thread as this is an older post which was revived by a new post.

    Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  3. N1NJ4 Potatoe Win User

    Xbox Game Pass PC game .exe location?

    Hi, having also wondered this as I just got Game Pass for PC simply because its such a good deal, here is what I found:

    Despite installing the game into my E: drive, the .exe file is still located in my OS C: drive.

    The address for Metro Exodus for example was;

    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\DeepSilver.ProjectWindfall_1.0.11.0_x64__hmv7qcest37me

    The application file has no icon or anything and trying to launch the game using this exe will display the error:

    Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriete permissions to access the item.

    This is despite me having full access over the folder and its subcontents (otherwise microsoft doesnt allow you to even open them in the first place). It seems like regardless of being able to access the .exe, only the Xbox Game Pass (Beta) app allows it to
    be run.
  4. ngocphi Win User

    Xbox Game Pass PC game .exe location?

    You dont as they are runed thru the xbox app not windows store
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

    Xbox Game Pass PC game .exe location?

    You dont as they are runed thru the xbox app not windows store
    That doesn't matter. True, they are installed and managed by the Game Pass Beta app, but the games still install to the same hidden Windows Apps folder as standard Windows 10 apps.

    To gain access you need to change some simple admin privileges.
    This website explains how
    .
  6. patrickb1973 Win User

    Xbox Game Pass PC game .exe location?

    Hi, having also wondered this as I just got Game Pass for PC simply because its such a good deal, here is what I found:

    Despite installing the game into my E: drive, the .exe file is still located in my OS C: drive.

    The address for Metro Exodus for example was;

    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\DeepSilver.ProjectWindfall_1.0.11.0_x64__hmv7qcest37me

    The application file has no icon or anything and trying to launch the game using this exe will display the error:

    Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriete permissions to access the item.

    This is despite me having full access over the folder and its subcontents (otherwise microsoft doesnt allow you to even open them in the first place). It seems like regardless of being able to access the .exe, only the Xbox Game Pass (Beta) app allows it to
    be run.
    I have the same problem with whatever game i install, you can not start or use the .exe of the game.
Thema:

Xbox Game Pass PC game .exe location?

Loading...
  1. Xbox Game Pass PC game .exe location? - Similar Threads - Game Pass game

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox game pass game location exe

    ,
  2. where are game exe on game pass stored