Xbox Game Pass PC app will not start up

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC app will not start up in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The problem started about 10 days ago with turning on the app and it just hovering on the loading screen forever. The games already downloaded still... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Christopher Lacy1, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Xbox Game Pass PC app will not start up

The problem started about 10 days ago with turning on the app and it just hovering on the loading screen forever.

The games already downloaded still launch but i cant download more

i got it to work briefly after i messed with it in powershell but that dosent even work now

i have tried deleting reinstalling, repairing game services, and checking for updates

EDIT: never mind on the games, those dont even work now

:)

Christopher Lacy1, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi Christopher Lacy1,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello Christopher Lacy1,

We appreciate for your patience.

If you have tried already the suggested fixes on my first response, still the problem persists, we suggest following the steps of the articles below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forums. We thank you for sharing your concerns with us and we hope you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. According to the description, you cannot install a game via game pass, the status remains pending and the download has not taken place.

Let us check this together and sort this out to address your concern. However, before we continue, we would like to ask a few questions about this.

1. Did it work before?
    2. Recent activity or changes made before the problem occurred?
    3. What is the current version and edition of Windows Installed?
    4. What troubleshooting steps did you take?
    5. Do you mind sending a screenshot of the error message?
    The above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you in your case.

So far, from the details you have provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can simply skip the ones you've already done.

• Sometimes, incorrect time, date, time zone, and region settings are responsible for creating various problems. This creates many problems when your computer tries to communicate with a remote server over the Internet/network. When you try to download or update apps or games from the Windows Store, Windows may want to check and fix these settings Here's how:
    Open Settings. You can tap Win+I to open Settings in Windows 10.

Now go to Time and Language>Date and Time

Next, make sure the time and time zone are automatically enabled

Under Region & Language, make sure you have the correct settings based on where you live.

After doing these things, restart your computer and try to update or download the desired apps or games.

• Upgrade PC and check if the configuration was updated on the Microsoft account. For Game Pass to work, go to my devices on my Microsoft account, delete my old configuration, and then open the Microsoft Store.
    • Go to Settings and manually enable offline permissions. the games open again and now see if you can download Xbox Game Pass games.

You may also check troubleshooting steps on the links below.

[​IMG]

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We can recommend further troubleshooting steps once we receive your answers to the above questions.

We will be happy to follow you and help you.

Sincerely

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Christopher Lacy1 Win User

1. yes

2. none that i am aware of

3. Win 10 22h2

4. tried uninstalling, tried repair buttons for it and game services, tried reinstalling from powershell prompt, and restarting computer

5. there is no error message it just never gets past this screen

[​IMG]
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Game Pass on both platforms.

If you have bought Game Pass Ultimate, then it includes Games Pass for Xbox, Game Pass for PC, EA Play for Xbox, Cloud Gaming on android & Xbox Live Gold. So yes, you can use it on your PC.

It's simple to use, download the Xbox app on your PC, log in with the account that has Game Pass Ultimate, and then download a game from the app, once downloaded, start the game.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass PC app will not start up - Similar Threads - Game Pass app

2. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  3. Game pass app not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass app not working: For some reason the layout of my Xbox gamepass app is different than the other ones I see. My one profile icon is on the bottom right and others is on the bottom middle. I don’t know why this is...
  4. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  5. xbox game pass app not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game pass app not working: I have xbox game pas for PC subscription and app is not launching since yesterday (11.02.2024), before that it worked fine. I reinstalled it, relaunched multiple times and all I get is a static...
  6. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10: Xbox app started crashing after windows update here is event viewer ib xml format - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  7. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  8. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  9. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  10. Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?: Is there any way cloud gaming is integrated into the game pass app for iOs for all the listed games?, tried playing certain games on the app using a backbone controller but it asks to install the...