Xbox Game Pass PC app freezes when trying to sign in

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC app freezes when trying to sign in in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For the past week my Xbox Game Pass PC app as been freezing then crashing when trying to sign in, I got signed out when I had to reset my password. My... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Marlon Rios Moran, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Xbox Game Pass PC app freezes when trying to sign in

For the past week my Xbox Game Pass PC app as been freezing then crashing when trying to sign in, I got signed out when I had to reset my password. My windows 10 is up to date, my Microsoft Store is up to date. I have reset my app with troubleshoot option
    I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app but nothing is working. I have chatted with some people on the Microsoft support, but none were able to fix my problem. I looked around other forums for solution, but was unable to find any.

:)

Marlon Rios Moran, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Suspended account

Is it the Xbox app on a PC or the Game Pass app on mobile? There's been a notification glitch in the Game Pass app that will tell you you have a suspension when you actually don't.

If you haven't already, try playing a game online. If you can sign in and play without problems, you're not suspended.
  3. x PAYLOAD x Win User

Game Pass on both platforms.

4. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Famly Sharing

Hi There,

The Xbox App for PC on Windows 10 should automatically have the Ultimate subscription flow in when my kids sign in but that is not the case. My kids are able to receive the membership on the console through my account and they can play the games through
    the pass which works fine no complaints. I need to know when will this Game pass subscription sharing will work with Xbox app for PC.

Thanks,

Akash
    Because it doesnt

Home sharing is only a feature on the xbox one

Not the pc

Can I use my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription on multiple Windows 10 PCs?

Yes, just like Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass, you can use this subscription wherever you sign in. Your subscription is tied to you, not to a specific device.

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/billing/xbox-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-faq

Keep in mind that it only applirs.to the membership itself

Your kids cannot download any game on their own profile but they can use the xbox app.to play the games

On the PC it's a bit awkward.

First of all, you'll have to make sure yourkids s added to your Microsoft family. Sign in with your account on https://account.microsoft.com/family. There add your kids is
    Microsoft Account if not already done so.

Now the complicated part on getting the Game Pass Games on your kid's PC:

Your kids has to add your Microsoft Account as a second user to their PC.

Then with your kids SIGNED IN, have themr go to the Windows Store or Xbox Game Pass App.

If they signed in to these apps, to sign out temporarily from these apps, and you will have to sign in with your account.

You ONLY sign into the APPS! You do NOT sign out your kids from their logged in account on the PC!

Then with your account signed in on the store app or the Xbox Game Pass app, your kids can then download and install the PC games.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

I have XBox Game Pass (3 month) but cannot download any games

So first thing I would check is verify if you have Xbox Game Pass or Xbox Game Pass for PC. Sounds like you're trying to download the games on a PC, and there is a specific difference between Xbox Game Pass for Console and Xbox Game Pass for PC. Game Pass
    Ultimate combines those with Xbox Live Gold, but if you don't specifically have Xbox Game Pass for PC you will not be able to download the games.

Now, if you do have Game Pass for PC, you'll need to be signed into your Xbox account in the Windows Store and Xbox (Beta) apps on your PC and then you should be able to download the titles. You might also need to sign into the Xbox Console Companion app,
    but I don't actually think that's necessary, I just haven't tried.

You should be able to sign out of your login Microsoft Account and sign into the Microsoft Account that has the Xbox profile and subscription in those apps specifically and have access to those entitlements.

Let me know if you have any questions or the problem persists.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Playing previously purchased Xbox games (Play Anywhere games) on a PC running Windows 10

Hi,

Sounds to me like they aren't signed in with the same account they used before. To download previously purchased games again on a new system or otherwise, they need to be signed in with the same account that purchased the game/s.

Xbox Companion App is for streaming games from an Xbox console to a PC. The Xbox App for PC is used for PC Game Pass, if you don't have Game Pass Ultimate or just Game Pass PC, you don't need to use this app as purchased games can be downloaded using the Windows Store App in Windows 10.
Thema:

Xbox Game Pass PC app freezes when trying to sign in

1. Xbox Game Pass PC app freezes when trying to sign in - Similar Threads - Game Pass app

2. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  3. Game pass app not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass app not working: For some reason the layout of my Xbox gamepass app is different than the other ones I see. My one profile icon is on the bottom right and others is on the bottom middle. I don’t know why this is...
  4. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  5. xbox game pass app not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game pass app not working: I have xbox game pas for PC subscription and app is not launching since yesterday (11.02.2024), before that it worked fine. I reinstalled it, relaunched multiple times and all I get is a static...
  6. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10: Xbox app started crashing after windows update here is event viewer ib xml format - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  7. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  8. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  9. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  10. Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?: Is there any way cloud gaming is integrated into the game pass app for iOs for all the listed games?, tried playing certain games on the app using a backbone controller but it asks to install the...