Xbox Game Pass not working on PC despite paying for the subscription

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass not working on PC despite paying for the subscription in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason the Xbox App doesn't recognize that I've subscribed to the game pass as it still asks me to pay AGAIN. I've tried uninstalling and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Julio ADSJ, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Julio ADSJ
    Julio ADSJ Guest

For some reason the Xbox App doesn't recognize that I've subscribed to the game pass as it still asks me to pay AGAIN.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and the issue persists.

:)

Julio ADSJ, Nov 7, 2021
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

Since you weren't too specific, did you purchase Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass for PC, or Game Pass Ultimate?
  3. MateusFontana Win User

4. Smwutches Win User

confused with Xbox gamepass options

Game Pass Ultimate is a bundle of a Gold subscription, Game Pass for Console, and Game Pass for PC. So it'll work on PC, but if you only need Game Pass for PC, you would be paying for other stuff you're not using.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Descenders issue

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this RemovingHorse22

If I understood correctly, you have access to the game in your console because a game pass subscription is active. Correct? (The game is not purchased in your account)

If yes and if you don't have Game Pass Ultimate, yes. You need to:

1. Purchase the game on PC, in that way you're going to be able to play it on both Xbox and PC even without a game pass subscription

2. Upgrade to Game Pass ultimate if you only pay for Game Pass Console

3. Purchase PC Game Pass
  6. BioticWolfClaw Win User

I have Gamepass on my Xbox but on my PC I don't and I've tried logging out then back in and I am in the same account as my xbox

Hi there AmericanHunt.

Check you subscription to make sure that you are subscribed to Xbox game pass ultimate.

You can only access PC games via game pass if you pay for a sperate subscription to PC game pass or you have Xbox game pass Ultimate.

A game pass for you Xbox is exclusive to your Xbox.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass not working on PC despite paying for the subscription - Similar Threads - Game Pass working

2. Xbox Game Pass triel won't work

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass triel won't work: My friend has bought Game Pass and got 5 trial invites, when he sends one and I click on it the page for reedeming codes, says its either miss spelled or gives random error code (he did pressed...
  3. Game pass app not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass app not working: For some reason the layout of my Xbox gamepass app is different than the other ones I see. My one profile icon is on the bottom right and others is on the bottom middle. I don’t know why this is...
  4. Astroneer online coop cot working on PC game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astroneer online coop cot working on PC game pass: Hello I am trying to play with a friend, we both have the game on game pass for pc and trying to connect but keep getting the message "" failed to connect to Host "" I tried and researched a...
  5. why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING: I redeemed reward points so I could change from game pass core to game pass ultimate has NOT WORKED on xbox showing in my order history states its done but it has NOT when I go onto my xbox one...
  6. xbox game pass app not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game pass app not working: I have xbox game pas for PC subscription and app is not launching since yesterday (11.02.2024), before that it worked fine. I reinstalled it, relaunched multiple times and all I get is a static...
  7. I have a valid Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, provided by EE, but its not showing/ working in the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a valid Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, provided by EE, but its not showing/ working in the...: I have a valid Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, provided by EE, but today its not showing in the Xbox App on my PC. It was working fine yesterday. I have tried resetting the Xbox App, I have uninstalled...
  8. My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.: My controller works perfectly fine with my Steam games, but when it comes to the Xbox app, my controller loses it's cool and forgets it is a controller (right stick moves the mouse button and the...
  9. xbox game pass dont work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game pass dont work: I bought xbox game pass for pc on 19.12.23 and after 3 days in 22.12.23 the game pass dont work anymore and dont show up in subscriptions. The only thing that I did was change my card for new in...
  10. Xbox Game Pass Trial Not Working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Trial Not Working: I just bought the Xbox Game Pass Trial for 14-Days and It comes with EA Play but when I download and try to play Madden 24s free trial which is available for EA Play members it wont let me play...