Xbox Game Pass: My game installed on my D: Drive but the app keeps trying to launch it from...

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass: My game installed on my D: Drive but the app keeps trying to launch it from... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I installed MCC on my external hard drive. Ive always played it on there. Today when I went to play the MCC, i get an error saying "Invalid game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by NoahSiafega, Feb 15, 2021.

  1. NoahSiafega
    NoahSiafega Guest

    Xbox Game Pass: My game installed on my D: Drive but the app keeps trying to launch it from...


    I installed MCC on my external hard drive. Ive always played it on there. Today when I went to play the MCC, i get an error saying

    "Invalid game executable: C;\Program Files\WindowsApp\Mutable\Microsoft.Chelan_1.2094.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\MCC\Binaries\Win64\MCC-Win64-Shipping-WinStore.exe"

    Its trying to load the game from my C: drive when its installed on my D: drive. If I redownload this game, I will likely go over my data cap for my internet this month. So, is there anyway to fix this BS without redownloading the game.

    :)
     
    NoahSiafega, Feb 15, 2021
    #1
  2. andersonpassos Win User

    xbox game pass full lag and error

    It sounds like you are having trouble installing games from the Xbox Game Pass on your D drive.

    Make sure that you have enough free space on your D drive to install the games.

    Check if there are any updates available for the Xbox Game Pass app and install them.

    Try resetting the Xbox Game Pass app:

    On your Xbox One console, go to "My games and apps"

    Navigate to the Xbox Game Pass app and press the "Menu" button on your controller.

    Select "Manage app" and then "Reset".

    Confirm the reset and try installing the game again.

    If none of the above steps help, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox Game Pass app. Make sure to select the D drive as the installation location when you reinstall it.
  3. MistarAbde Win User

    Installing Games/Apps onto D Drive through Xbox app/Windows Store

    I am trying to install games and apps onto my D drive instead of C drive through the Xbox app and Windows store on Game pass.

    I have set the default drive to install apps to through Windows settings

    I have set the default drive through the Xbox app settings

    I get a notification when going to install the game, asking which drive to install to, and instruct it to install to the D drive

    Every time though, it ignores this and installs to me C drive.

    If I try to move the app through settings, the "Moving" notification and progress bar appears for a split second before disappearing, with no error information, but not having moved the file.

    There are some apps that are installed on my D drive, and the pattern seems to be apps that require Admin approval are the ones not install onto my D drive.

    Could someone try and resolve the issue, as it's incredibly frustrating for a service that is no longer in beta.
  4. Adolfo Massi Win User

    Cant launch games after dual booting

    Just in case I'm not being understood. I install my games in d: drive. That drive partition never changes/moves. The problem comes when I dual boot from my other windows installation. The funny thing is that I already replicated this scenario in c: drive and it worked. But as I mentioned I have the game o d:. Got all my games there with other launchers and they work flawlessly. Only the Xbox app ones are failing to launch.
  5. IceMelonGirl Win User

    Ilomilo+ login not possible

    Hello ,

    Thanks for coming to the forums. When you launch the game, where are you launching it from? The Xbox companion, dashboard, game pass for PC app? Try the Xbox companion to launch the game. Also try updating the address on your account. Make sure your account
    is an Xbox account, that it has a gamer tag.

    Thanks,

    Brad
    Hi Brad,

    I firstly opened the game from the Xbox console-companion. I tried to install the Xbox companion App but sadly my Laptop is not compatible with the Xbox(Beta)-Installer.

    Thanks,

  6. JamieBrown9 Win User

    0x87E0000F error when trying to install Texas Chainsaw game on Game Pass PC

    Hi Kathy

    Thanks for your response, I'd tried all the solutions mention before posting this with no luck.

    I should've mentioned, I'm using multiple drives, the drives had xbox game pass games installed from my old computer on them.

    Deleting the windowsapps folder, as well as the other windows folders that are created automatically when installing a new app/game. Seems to have allowed me to install games on my E drive, though my G drive still doesn't seem to able to install new games from the xbox app.

    I might just have to format my G drive, though could you tell me what the process is if you're moving a drive, with game pass games installed, on to a new computer?

    Kind Regards

    Jamie
Thema:

Xbox Game Pass: My game installed on my D: Drive but the app keeps trying to launch it from...

Loading...
  1. Xbox Game Pass: My game installed on my D: Drive but the app keeps trying to launch it from... - Similar Threads - Game Pass game

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...