Xbox Game Pass: Halo Wars Definitive Edition (Play Anywhere) **Unable to download on pc**

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass: Halo Wars Definitive Edition (Play Anywhere) **Unable to download on pc** in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So i have the game pass trial and i wanted to get halo wars definitive edition on my PC. I am able to download and install on the Xbox one but when i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Luc667, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Luc667
    Luc667 Guest

Xbox Game Pass: Halo Wars Definitive Edition (Play Anywhere) **Unable to download on pc**

So i have the game pass trial and i wanted to get halo wars definitive edition on my PC. I am able to download and install on the Xbox one but when i view the PC version of the Microsoft app it does not have the popup to download with game pass.

Halo Wars Definitive Edition (PC) store page has the "XBOX Play Anywhere" which means it should be available on all platforms with game pass such as other titles i have tested like "Halo Wars 2".

I just want to play halo wars with a mouse a keyboard and keep the ability to obtain achievements.

(Halo Wars: Definitive Edition FAQ | Xbox Games):

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is an Xbox Play Anywhere game. What does that mean?

When you purchase an Xbox Play Anywhere game digitally, it’s yours to play on both Xbox and Windows 10

:)

Luc667, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Maces006
    Maces006 Guest
    Halo Wars Definitive Edition Game Pass not working as Play Anywhere

I have recently subscribed to the Xbox Game Pass and have seen that a few of these titles can also be played on PC as they are Play Anywhere titles (Forza, ReCore, Sea of Thieves, Gears of War 4, etc).

Halo Wars Definitive Edition is also advertised as Play Anywhere, however when I try to install this from the Windows store it does not provide me with the ability to download it.

The Install on my devices option only displays my linked Xbox One console.

Has anyone else been able to install Halo Wars Definitive Edition from the Windows Store when using the Game Pass?

Kind Regards

Maces006, Nov 19, 2018
  3. I can't download mora that 1 game on WIndows 10 with game pass, why?

I recently got my first month of game pass, and I'm downloading Gears of war 4 but when i want to download another game with play anywhere option like Halo wars: definitive edition only the option download to xbox one appears, i can't download it for my
    windows 10 why?

julio007madrid, Nov 19, 2018
  4. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest

Hi Luc667,

I did some research on this matter because you should be able to download that game from your PC with the Xbox Game Pass subscription based on how the Xbox Play Anywhere titles work. A friend of mine was able to download Forza Horizon 4 on his PC with the
    Game Pass and he doesn't have an Xbox One. Just to make sure, you are signed into the Xbox app with the account that has the trial correct?

I did come across something unusual in that they have two version of the game on the Microsoft Store, one for Xbox One and the other for PC.

I noticed only the Xbox one version shows it's available for Game Pass. I don't think that's how it's supposed to be listed on the store and I believe that might be a mistake. However, I think the work around for this is to download the Xbox One version
    to your Xbox One and then access the game on your Windows 10 game library.

"If you purchased the game on Xbox and want to play it on Windows 10, sign in on your Windows 10 device. If the game is already installed on your device, it’ll appear in your list of apps; otherwise, you can install it by opening the Store and selecting
    My library."

Give that a try and let us know if it worked.

XBF Diego M, Nov 19, 2018
  5. CallMeDW Win User

Halo wars showing up on achievement list

6. Maces006 Win User

You have to purchase the digital game for it to be play any where. It does not work with game pass as you are only renting the game.
    That is not true as I can play Forza Horizon 4, Gears of War 4, ReCore and Halo Wars 2 on PC with the Xbox Game Pass. Halo Wars Definitive Edition is the only Play Anywhere title which does not seems to work under Game Pass.
  7. Galenrandir23 Win User

Halo wars showing up on achievement list

Good Morning ,

Currently if you downloaded this game from Game Pass then it is listed as Halo Wars: Definitive Edition (PC). This game supports Xbox Play Anywhere that is the reason it is listed
    as that on the achievement screen.

Here is how it listed in the store:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/h...n-pc/9nblggh5wlr0?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
    When I go to the link youve provided, it says i do not own the game. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/h...tion/bprpqskxtd1l#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

this is the one i purchased for xbox, but since its play anywhere i can use it on PC. Just curious as to why this one says PC in my list when games like super lucky tale and subnautica do not.

i never downloaded the game via game pass either so i dont think that would effect it?

thanks!
  8. Maces006 Win User

PlayAnywhere only works when you buy a game as a digital purchase. I think Game Pass games are not PlayAnywhere as you have not purchase the game individually. Can someone validate this?
    I can already validate this as I can play Forza Horizon 4, Gears of War 4, ReCore, Sea of Thieves and Halo Wars 2 on PC with the Xbox Game Pass. Halo Wars Definitive Edition seems to be the only play anywhere titles that doesn't appear to be working however.
  9. luci5r9 Win User

Has anyone found a solution for this?

This issue needs to be escalated and someone from Microsoft needs to address this, either resolve it or REMOVE Halo Wars Definitive Edition from XBOX Game Pass "Play Anywhere" list. This issue is being experienced by hundreds of users and is fairly quick
    to come up on Google at this point.

There are 14 "Play Anywhere" titles available on XBOX Game Pass as of this writing. Every single title presents an "Install" button when you go to "XBOX Game Pass" in your "Library" in the Microsoft Store app on Windows 10.

Except Halo Wars Definitive Edition. It does not give the "Install" button. I called into Microsoft phone support and after communicating with a gentleman for 45 minutes who either just did not have basic technical knowledge of the systems, or was trying
    very hard not to understand the problem, I had to hang up to keep my own sanity.

Below are the 14 Play Anywhere Titles on XBOX Game Pass (Nov, 2018).

Gears of War 4

Halo Wars 2

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition

ReCore

Riptide GP: Renegade

Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection

Super Lucky's Tale

Sea of Thieves

State of Decay 2

Disneyland Adventures

Ruiner

Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure Achievements

Snake Pass

Forza Horizon 4

I have been able to download & install 13 of the above titles effortlessly on my Windows 10 PC. I'm able to install and play 13 of the above games on both XBOX & Windows.

Anybody claiming you need to buy digital version, etc, is entirely mistaken & wrong. You do not.

The only exception to the above list is Halo Wars Definitive Edition. There is no install button for Windows 10.

Again, Microsoft needs to address this. Either resolve this issue, or REMOVE the title from XBOX Game Pass as "Play Anywhere" as right now this is false advertising.

Thanks.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass: Halo Wars Definitive Edition (Play Anywhere) **Unable to download on pc** - Similar Threads - Game Pass Halo

2. How can you play Halo MCC split screen Co-op(?) without a game pass -Xbox console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can you play Halo MCC split screen Co-op(?) without a game pass -Xbox console: I just bought a digital code Halo MCC on my xbox S. I want to play in split screen with my little brother in co-op mode (as a team, not competitors). However when I tap the Multi-player bar->...
  3. Halo Infinite: Campaign crashes but multiplayer works. (PC Game Pass)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite: Campaign crashes but multiplayer works. (PC Game Pass): I see other people have mentioned this issue but the thread is locked or cant see a solution. On PC Game Pass I can play multiplayer fine. I did have to go through all the troubleshooting methods...
  4. Halo MCC on game pass not allowing me to play the games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC on game pass not allowing me to play the games.: "one or more members of your party do not have entitlement" shows up whenever i try to play any of the games in the collection along with all of them being locked, I tried reinstalling everything...
  5. How can I download and play Halo Wars 2 with game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I download and play Halo Wars 2 with game pass: I cannot complete the download and install for Halo Wars 2. It is stuck at last 40mb for some reason. New game pass owner and I've come across mostly problems. Please help. I already closed xbox...
  6. Play Halo Infinite with Game Pass Ultimate to unlock exclusive* content.

in XboX Insiders
    Play Halo Infinite with Game Pass Ultimate to unlock exclusive* content.: Share your feedback and reactions to this new experience available on the Xbox App for PC. During the next few days, we will be rolling out a new experience to test within our Game Pass Ultimate...
  7. My game pass subscription is current and paid but I can't play halo infinite all of a sudden

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game pass subscription is current and paid but I can't play halo infinite all of a sudden: Every time i try to play halo infinite i get a prompt saying "Looks like you have to renew your xbox game pass." I have tried resetting my console 3 times. I have checked my game pass ultimate...
  8. Halo Infinite campaign downloaded on Game Pass PC but keeps saying uninstalled in game. Any...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite campaign downloaded on Game Pass PC but keeps saying uninstalled in game. Any...: I downloaded Halo Infinite campaign on Game Pass PC 3 days ago and have spent the last 3 days: - uninstalling and reinstalling it - deleting and reinstalling xbox app - reseting Halo Infinite...
  9. Can't play halo infinite campaign even with game pass and halo infinite campaign add on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play halo infinite campaign even with game pass and halo infinite campaign add on...: I've tried resetting my Xbox, relaunching it, re installing it and nothing seems to work, everytime I try to play campaign it tells me I need to buy the campaign even though as stated above I have...
  10. Cannot install Halo infinite Campaign on pc game pass xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install Halo infinite Campaign on pc game pass xbox app: I already have multiplayer installed. I go to modify installation and select campaign but instead of downloading it gives me an error I don't want to download 30gb mp again so is there...