Xbox Game Pass games won't launch on Windows 11

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass games won't launch on Windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Win11, none of my Xbox Game Pass games will launch (except for EA Play games). Whenever I try to launch any game, nothing ever... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vorter, Nov 11, 2021.

  1. Vorter
    Vorter Guest

    Xbox Game Pass games won't launch on Windows 11


    Since upgrading to Win11, none of my Xbox Game Pass games will launch (except for EA Play games).

    Whenever I try to launch any game, nothing ever happens. No error message or pop up, and I only get this error in Diagnostic Data Viewer:

    Microsoft.Gaming.XboxPC.Error

    "featureName": "PackageManagerSaga",

    "identifier": "Error",

    "message": "Failing launch a game",

    "properties": 0

    "errorCode": 50053,

    I've tried repairing, resetting, and reinstalling the Xbox app, the games, and Xbox Gaming Services. Ran sfc and DISM with no issues. I'm fully up to date on Windows 11 (Beta Channel). Signed out and back in the Xbox app and made sure my locale/time is synced correctly. I had no issues running these same games several weeks ago.

    I have tried virtually every solution posted short of resetting my PC and the only thing that worked was using a new local profile, essentially the same situation posted here:

    Games installed from Game Pass won't launch at all in Windows 11 : XboxGamePass (reddit.com)

    :)
     
    Vorter, Nov 11, 2021
    #1
  2. Natlivings Win User

    games on xbox app wont work

    It's just like that, I'm having the same issue, I've formatted the drive, and a fresh windows 11 installation, any game from game pass won't launch.
  3. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

    Xbox Game Pass games won't launch on Windows 11

    Hi Vorter,

    Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with getting Game Pass games to launch on your Windows 11 device and only accessing EA play games. Thank you for providing me with the steps you have taken to offer you some additional ones to try and see if we could solve this problem without having you clean install your PC. Would you please try the following suggestions?

    Solution 1: Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode; this error could also be attributed to issues with the Microsoft store not recognizing your entitlement to the game. Would you please click on this link Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode | Xbox Support. Then scroll down and click on the drop-down arrow and look at the steps for How to enable offline play on your device.

    Solution 2: Make sure you do not have other programs like

    • Anit-virus
    • Firewall
    • PC Optimizers
    Blocking the game

    Solution 3: Have you attempted to install the games on a secondary drive? And if so, please make sure that the secondary hard drive is formatted as NTFS. How to format a USB flash drive or external storage device to NTFS on Windows

    You stated that you created a new Profile? Do you mean a Windows profile or Xbox? If it's a Windows Profile that you created, and it worked. Then then the best solution would be to reset your Windows 11 device and perform a clean install. Because that means your main profile is corrupted. Especially when you are in any of the beta or early builds on Windows 11, problems like the one you are experiencing can occur. Would you please make sure to back up all your data before performing the clean install, as you will need to reinstall all your programs, and your files will not be on the machine.

    I hope these suggestions help! If this answered your question, please mark the thread as “Answered.”
  4. ASDz 26z Win User

    Games won't launch on windows 11

    Have you tried to pick one of those games and reinstall it to see if works?
    yeah I tried it I tried reinstalling and installing it in another hard drive tried everything the internet gave me
  5. ASDz 26z Win User

    Games won't launch on windows 11

    I think its admin thing i think i have an admin issue on my main account
  6. ASDz 26z Win User

    Games won't launch on windows 11

    I have them installed but they aren't showing up in the Programs and Features.
Thema:

Xbox Game Pass games won't launch on Windows 11

Loading...
  1. Xbox Game Pass games won't launch on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Game Pass games

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...