XBOX Game Pass games installation problem.

Discus and support XBOX Game Pass games installation problem. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried installing Hearts of Iron IV then suddenly the gamepass just stopped installing and all games on queue bugged out. I tried reinstalling... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Christian Seth Acuesta, May 15, 2023.

1. XBOX Game Pass games installation problem.

I tried installing Hearts of Iron IV then suddenly the gamepass just stopped installing and all games on queue bugged out. I tried reinstalling everything and the only fix that i found out is that you need to reset your pc. But after I did that i re installed the game again but the problem came back. I can't risk another reset of the pc as i've already reinstalled all that I needed again. I can't use the service that I've payed for and it's really annoying me.

:)

Christian Seth Acuesta, May 15, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Christian. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app and Xbox app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, do the same for the Xbox app, try installing the game after that, and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Solution 3:

Please open the PowerShell in admin mode and paste the following below:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
  3. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Problems with Game Pass game install

Hi again and thanks for keeping us informed.

The error code 0x8007001F means "A device attached to the system is not functioning."
    (And from a distance, only guessing remains)

Did you change a default install Locations (at settings->storage->)??

But I guess it is your GPU and maybe a new driver could help and also to reinstall DirectX Redist (June 2010)
  4. JoeGibson Win User

During install I see no UAC prompt on the games that require admin acceptance.

I'm the only user and constantly start up Xbox beta as Admin each and every time.

Even now at time index 01:04am EST; Trying to install DBD; spent the last hour with it stuck at "Resuming 0%"

You may have missed my point.

I have problems when installing specific GamePass games onto my tower; Vampyr, The Other Worlds, DBD. It took THREE tries to get The Other Worlds to install and THEN I could not even see my avatar's face when setting up the avatar for that game.

Games that do not require admin approval install just fine

If this Powershell option does not work, The only option is a root canal and that's not fun
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello JoeGibson,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to install games from Xbox Game Pass on your Windows 10 computer due to an error message appearing when you try to give approval for the installation. We recommend making sure
    that
    Windows 10 is up to date
    . We have
    a thread on the forums
    that pertains to issues with using the Xbox (beta) App. Go ahead and try out some of these solutions, and be sure to let us know the results!
  6. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi JoeGibson,

Yes there are differences: the games you want to download from steam you owne - the game pass games is something like rent!!

Most of the time, if it says "needs administrator approval for installation," you should simply grant your account these rights for the Installation. If you don't do this, there are problems with the installation and you usually find it difficult to get
    rid of them.

And if the game works proper after the Setup,
    you can try remove the Administrator Right, and hopefully this does have no side effect on the game.

Hope this helps and please keep us informed
Thema:

1. XBOX Game Pass games installation problem. - Similar Threads - Game Pass games

2. Pc game pass game saves missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Pc game pass game saves missing: Started up terra invicta to continue my game and it won't allow my to continue or load my game. My saves are not even on there. Looked in the game saves file and it's empty. On pc game pass...
  3. Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option

in XBoX on Windows
    Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option: My latest PC Game Pass renewal email said 'You will receive a refund of your most recent recurring billing charge if you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days after being...
  4. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  5. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  6. Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account: Hi I desperately need help!!! I have been charged for months and months on my account for xbox live/game pass but I have never used it! How can I possible get this refunded?...
  7. It want let me play fight night champion on live but I have ultimate game pass and been...

in XBoX on Windows
    It want let me play fight night champion on live but I have ultimate game pass and been...: It’s not letting me sign in Xbox live for fight night champions and I been playing it for months 57990e78-3fdd-4268-89be-40a1f9326f75
  8. How do I enter a Game Pass code, without having to make it a subscription?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I enter a Game Pass code, without having to make it a subscription?: My Xbox Game Pass Core code does not work. I ordered it off of Amazon and have paid for it in full, but it is requesting a payment method regardless. The code is fully functional as the server...
  9. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  10. Infinite loading screen after trying to claim my 3 months of Xbox game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Infinite loading screen after trying to claim my 3 months of Xbox game pass: I got the Xbox series s that comes with 3 months of Xbox game pass but when I try to claim it, it puts me on a three dot loading screen and nothing ever happens. Its just stuck there infinity...