Xbox game pass games are not opening

Discus and support Xbox game pass games are not opening in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I just signed up for the 14 day trial for xbox game pass on Friday the 16th of March. Then I went and downloaded NBA2K17 which was included... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DJ BEANS53, Mar 19, 2018.

  1. DJ BEANS53
    DJ BEANS53 Guest

    Xbox game pass games are not opening


    Hi there,

    I just signed up for the 14 day trial for xbox game pass on Friday the 16th of March. Then I went and downloaded NBA2K17 which was included with game pass. The game was opening up fine until last night which an error message popped up saying "do you own
    this game or app". I checked if the subscription was still in my membership tab and it was. Is there a way to fix this issue?

    Thanks.

    :)
     
    DJ BEANS53, Mar 19, 2018
    #1
  2. Some games are not opening.

    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the problem games? Perhaps something got corrupt and it's refusing to run.

    Do also you have the same problem with other installed games in your library that you haven't tried yet (if you have anymore)?

    I'm thinking the worst case scenario could be that the hard drive is showing signs of dying. Let's hope it's not that.
     
    Internet Expert, Mar 19, 2018
    #2
  3. IPinguino
    IPinguino Guest
    Some games are not opening.

    Whenever I try to open a game it sends me to the store. In the store it says the game is installed and the option is to play. I press play and it once again opens the store. I thought it was only digital games but yesterday I tried two disc games that were
    doing the exact same thing. I've tried to hard reset a few times but nothing changes.
     
    IPinguino, Mar 19, 2018
    #3
  4. SammyVS Win User

    XBOX GAME PASS GAMES NOT OPENING

    I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

    It's an issue on the Xbox network that is affecting players' ability to open games. Xbox has already confirmed the issue, is investigating, and should resolve the issue as soon as possible.

    https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/14593380...

    Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.
  5. zmaster2XXX Win User

    xbox gamepass ultimate sale

    Open the game pass app on xbox
  6. Fakerev Win User

    Game Pass Games Not Opening

    None of these helped. I believe that the problem is gaming services, but it will not uninstall. When I paste in the code to uninstall it, it shows this:
    [​IMG]


    What does this mean?
  7. Darhyl Amizola Win User

    Game Pass Games Not Opening

    Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you!

    I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox game pass games. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

    Kindly try to perform the following workarounds:

    1. Update Windows.

    Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    Once the updates have been downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.

    Following installation, I recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

    2. Update the Xbox and Gaming services apps:

    Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    Select Library.
    Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

    3. Update your game.

    Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    In My Library, select the game title.
    Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
    Select Files and then Check for updates.

    4. Repair the game.

    Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    In My Library, select the game title.
    Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
    Select Files and then Verify and Repair.

    5. Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

    Press the Start button on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

    In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

    get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

    In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

    Restart your device and try to install the game again.

    6. Reinstall your game.

    If you're having trouble getting a game to play, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

    You may also check this link for reference:

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

    Please take your time and let me know if it works.

    Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  8. Yanyannnn Win User

    Games not opening with game pass

    Hello Nuno Mendes1,



    We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)



    Thank you for understanding.



    Regards,

Thema:

Xbox game pass games are not opening

Loading...
  1. Xbox game pass games are not opening - Similar Threads - game pass games

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...