Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there everyone! Really trying to call in the troops on this one... I'm stumped. (That said, my skills here are also limited). I would seriously... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by GuywithLines, Jun 17, 2021.

  1. GuywithLines
    GuywithLines Guest

    Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error


    Hi there everyone!

    Really trying to call in the troops on this one... I'm stumped. (That said, my skills here are also limited). I would seriously appreciate any help these forums have been very helpful to me in the past.

    Here's the Issue:

    I recently updated my system (Windows 10 64 -bit) to the most recent quality update (KB4023057). After installing this, I came across an error when trying to download games to the xbox app through Xbox Game Pass:


    Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error [​IMG]


    (I should note, the error code used to be 0x00000001 but for some reason changed)

    All of the help pages for this kind of code recommend uninstalling and reinstalling Gaming Services through Windows Powershell.

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/error-code-0x80073D26

    However, when I attempt to use the Get Appx command, Powershell returns this error:


    Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error [​IMG]


    As you can see, I even tried to change the directory to search for the file on the whole computer, but no dice.

    The link on this code takes you to a developer site that says the code means the following:


    Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error [​IMG]


    The page also refers to messing around with the registry, but it seriously recommend that you know what you're doing, which, I don't.

    I'm hoping there's a solution here that is far simpler... but after a few days of attempts, I figured this might be better in the hands of someone with a bit more know-how.

    P.S. Some of the things I have tried that have not worked:

    -Reparing and Resetting Gaming Services

    -Troubleshooting Windows Updater

    -Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Xbox App

    -Restarting my system a thousand times.

    Thanks, all!

    :)
     
    GuywithLines, Jun 17, 2021
    #1
  2. Jean-Pascal1350 Win User

    Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error

    I was just asking if the service called "gamings services" was running properly in your computer.

    That service is related to the Gaming Services app which is needed to run any games you purchased from the windows app or xbox app.


    [​IMG]


    Mine is not working not matter what I did and my error are similar to yours.

    I did all the trick I've found on the internet (powershell, cmd, etc.)

    Have you tried removing the KB4023057 optionnal udpate and see if it's working again?

    For me, the problem remains.
  3. Jean-Pascal1350 Win User

    Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error

    Hi,

    I also have a similar issue... with code 0x00000001 for one app and 0x80073D19 for an other

    Even with a fresh install with the latest optionnal updates I still can't play nor install any games from the MS store.

    Have you checked your services?

    One of the gaming services is always stopped and can't start.

    + when reinstalling the gaming services app from microsoft store, I have not received any User Account Control (UAC) prompt. Is it the case for you?
  4. Jean-Pascal1350 Win User

    Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error

    I'm happy for you, sadly it does not changed anything for me. I'll continue looking for a solution :)
  5. GuywithLines Win User

    Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error

    I'm not sure what you mean by check my services... for me, Gaming Services isn't an app I can actually open...

    From what I've seen, the only way to uninstall it is through Poweshell and I get an error when I try to do that. I'm using a laptop that came with Windows pre-installed... perhaps that 's part of the issue?
  6. GuywithLines Win User

    Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error

    Ah, gotcha, I found where you were looking.

    Strangely enough, gaming services appears to be running...

    I reverted all of my updates to back before the issue occurred, and I've still got no luck.

    I've tried everything too... the last thing I can think of doing would be to reset the whole system... but I'd much prefer to not do that if I can help it.
Thema:

Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error

Loading...
  1. Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error - Similar Threads - Game Pass Game

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...