Xbox Game Pass Extremely slow download speeds

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass Extremely slow download speeds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got my uncle, to buy me Xbox PC Game Pass today. I have been downloading Halo Infinite and it's been 3 hours only to download 2.2 GB. On Steam or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AhmedMostafa-2409, Mar 6, 2023.

  1. Xbox Game Pass Extremely slow download speeds


    I got my uncle, to buy me Xbox PC Game Pass today. I have been downloading Halo Infinite and it's been 3 hours only to download 2.2 GB. On Steam or Epic, I get 18-22 Mbps. Easily download 30/50 gigs in less than an hour. But with this Xbox app, I can hardly get any speed. It's not even slow speeds, it barely downloads. Most of the time it is at 0kbps and then jumps to 5 Mbps for a few seconds before dying out.

    I found a fix on the forum somewhere, it was about some auto-tuning. It was already normal before so that fix didn't work.

    Also, my uncle lives in hong kong so I am not sure if the region is causing an issue. I don't live in Hong Kong.

    :)
     
    AhmedMostafa-2409, Mar 6, 2023
    #1
  2. luissolid Win User

    Downloading speed extremely slow

    Right now Microsoft has limit the bandwidth to avoid any type of "Staturation" on the service!

    Now you can do a Speed Test on Settings and Network, just to verify the network.

    Regards!
  3. Aerals Win User

    Downloading speed extremely slow

    try restarting your xbox one console or router/modem you have. Or, even contact your internet provider and have them reset it manually. sometimes calling the company provider you have helps when they reset, i’ve done it before.
  4. wolfheart517 Win User

    Downloading speed extremely slow

    Xbox had announced that they encouraged downloads due to the traffic that exists due to the situation
  5. NICZZO20 Win User

    Downloading speed extremely slow

    hey, this issue could be one of a few things but to start are you using wireless or a wired connection.

    This will affect how fast your Xbox downloads games and updates. If you're using wireless try to use a 5ghz Wi-Fi rather than 2.4ghz if your router/accesses point allows it, however, if possible try using a wired connection as it will be most stable and
    much faster than wireless.

    If you do go a wired route then the ethernet cable that you will want to acquire is a CAT-5E or CAT-6 ethernet cable. I

    f you can't go the wired route then make sure that when you are downloading something on your Xbox try to keep your Xbox close to the wireless accesses point if possible and make sure that your network settings in your Xbox are not limiting the speeds of
    the download.

    Also having the Xbox in rest mode while downloading updates dose help the speed in my experience but this may vary.

    best of luck

  6. DR SHAGGY PHROE Win User

    Downloading speed extremely slow

    I've tried everything to troubleshoot but nothing is working
Thema:

Xbox Game Pass Extremely slow download speeds

Loading...
  1. Xbox Game Pass Extremely slow download speeds - Similar Threads - Game Pass Extremely

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...