Xbox Game Pass app v2306.38.531 crashes at start on Surface Duo (1)

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass app v2306.38.531 crashes at start on Surface Duo (1) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The Xbox Game Pass app for Android crashes at start on a freshly set up Surface Duo (1st generation) with the latest Android 12 OS update from the end... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by andersgeek, Jun 7, 2023.

1. andersgeek
    andersgeek Guest

The Xbox Game Pass app for Android crashes at start on a freshly set up Surface Duo (1st generation) with the latest Android 12 OS update from the end of May 2023 as well as the latest app update v2306.38.531.

There is a thread from January/February about this issue, but since the version of the app as well as Android 12 are now somewhat different, I couldn’t even speculate as to what the issue is exactly.

What is the same, though, as mentioned by the OP in linked thread: When I remove the app update, the app miraculously starts. The version that the app is reset to is v2108.18.819.

I set up the device today and the proposed fixes of clearing the Cache or Storage for the app do not work since those where the first things that I tried when the app wouldn’t start.

The other proposed fix of resetting the device I will obviously not follow, since – again – the device was set up only a handful of hours ago and everything else is now in working order.

So, what gives?

:)

andersgeek, Jun 7, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello andersgeek,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this may have caused you.

Please be guided by the fact that here in the community, we have limited troubleshooting on Android devices. The usual troubleshooting that we perform for app issues is by uninstalling and reinstalling them, making sure that your system is up-to-date, or trying to use the insider version of the application.

If everything we suggested has already been done, we recommend that you submit a report on this issue to Xbox. Check that the report includes the device's make and model, as well as the OS version and, most importantly, the app version of the installed application.

Please visit this link for the guide.

Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

Thank you for choosing Xbox and have a great day!
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox Game Pass Android App crash immediately on Surface Duo 2

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

Microsoft is aware of the case, it is notified that the problem is in the app, this means that they are working day and night to solve the Game Pass problem in the application, but unfortunately nothing has been reported about the resolution of the problem, and unfortunately what we all that's left is to wait.
  5. ZeroMoustafah Win User

Hybrid Surface Phone - Xbox hand held device

It's only a matter of time. It might not be the most ideal but it would definitely be interesting to play Xbox on the Surface Duo and the Surface Neo.
  6. olivewp8 Win User

How to make game pass app to work on surface duo 2

What ? Surface duo 2 is an Android Phone, why do you want me to use Windows app...

Pleas give me a humain informé ans er instead of a automatical one. Thanks.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Pass app v2306.38.531 crashes at start on Surface Duo (1) - Similar Threads - Game Pass app

2. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  3. Game pass app not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass app not working: For some reason the layout of my Xbox gamepass app is different than the other ones I see. My one profile icon is on the bottom right and others is on the bottom middle. I don’t know why this is...
  4. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  5. xbox game pass app not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game pass app not working: I have xbox game pas for PC subscription and app is not launching since yesterday (11.02.2024), before that it worked fine. I reinstalled it, relaunched multiple times and all I get is a static...
  6. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10: Xbox app started crashing after windows update here is event viewer ib xml format - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  7. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  8. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  9. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  10. Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?: Is there any way cloud gaming is integrated into the game pass app for iOs for all the listed games?, tried playing certain games on the app using a backbone controller but it asks to install the...