Xbox game not installed

Discus and support Xbox game not installed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I have a problem with one of the xbox game pass games. The game is called The Long Dark. I had downloaded the game originally to complete a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chaij, Jan 24, 2022.

  1. Chaij
    Chaij Guest

    Xbox game not installed


    Hello.

    I have a problem with one of the xbox game pass games. The game is called The Long Dark. I had downloaded the game originally to complete a Game Pass Quest. I played was to load the game and play it without any issues. The problem i have is when i went to try and uninstall the game. The game icon is in my list of games. But when i try to uninstall it the xbox says that it is not installed. I looked through my external hard drives to see if it is on them and i can't seem to find it in order to get rid of the game.

    I've tried reinstalling and then uninsalling it as soon as it was down downloading and the icon is still there as if nothing occurred. It is really confusing me how the xbox is telling me that the game isn't installed, when i go to mange the game, and that it is installed, the game loads and plays normally when the game icon is clicked.

    So my question here is 'How can i delete a game that i downloaded on my hard drive but the xbox says that it is not on my hard drive to delete?'

    :)
     
    Chaij, Jan 24, 2022
    #1
  2. Kelemvor79 Win User

    purchased fortnite founder pack

    Hello!

    1- Try to reset the xbox and see if so when you start update the status of the game

    2- Go to manage game data and check that it is installed or pending installation.

    3- Uninstall the game and restart the xbox

    4-Install the games and then install all the updates, be careful not to install any updates before the game.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

    Games I don't own downloading on my Xbox One

    Hi Seth_111111,

    Thanks for your post. I understand you are noticing random games installing onto your Xbox One Console. If this console is not your home Xbox, someone else's profile may be set as home. If this happens, any new games that person installs will then install
    on other consoles. To prevent this from happening, you can adjust you settings to not install games remotely; check out this article:

    Install games remotely on your Xbox On
    e.

    I hope this helps.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

    Digital & Retail size

    PS4 games have to be installed, same as Xbox One. The installation speed is faster on PS4, but the game still installs.
  5. Mythic xSagex Win User

    mw3 disc unreadable/not recognized need help!

    ^That will not work. When you install a game to a hdd, it is applyed to the xbox that it was installed on. Therefore, when you try to go play on your xbox. It will say install game even though its installed to the xbox. This is due to Copyright laws and
    to prevent pirating.
  6. Sp33d103 Win User

    Application Fails after Xbox Game Pass PC Beta

    Just did 2 Clean installs of Windows 10 1909.

    The first install i did all windows updates/Driver updates then installed xbox pc beta game pass then installed 2 games and then attempted to install dragon center from MSI. it installed and then failed to run with the same errors i was getting before.

    The second install i installed driver updates and then installed Dragon Center. Configured the system with Dragon Center. Then installed all windows updates, Xbox pc beta game pass and then installed a game and played. Dragon center still worked after playing
    the game. once i restarted the computer dragon center was broken with the same errors as before. Something is breaking the program in the xbox pc game pass install.
Thema:

Xbox game not installed

Loading...
  1. Xbox game not installed - Similar Threads - game installed

  2. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  3. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  4. Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?

    in XboX Insiders
    Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?: I have only had the digital license notification pop up on discs that were already installed. On games others have confirmed that work it only triggers an install and doesn't pop up the digital...
  5. Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...: Prior to the update a couple days ago, I could remote into my Xbox from work and play and install games. Since the update, if I remote to the Xbox, it no longer has an install button for games....
  6. Cloud gaming test, can't install game now

    in XboX Insiders
    Cloud gaming test, can't install game now: Alpha skip ahead. Ultimate subscription active. Pretty sure I have the update to test the new cloud gaming tier/feature. However, now when I try to install a game, the only option I have is to...
  7. Unable to access windows updates and install or update games on Xbox launcher app

    in XboX Insiders
    Unable to access windows updates and install or update games on Xbox launcher app: I have spoken to a Microsoft employee and I have been told that I need to wipe my whole pc. I’m looking for another solution. He thinks that I have a virus blocking these things from happening and...
  8. No "Play" button in Xbox app for some installed games?

    in XboX Insiders
    No "Play" button in Xbox app for some installed games?: This started happening within the last 2 weeks. Multiple games I have installed on Xbox PC app (now at v2604.1000.32.0) have displayed an issue where they are installed but there is no Play button...
  9. Windows 11 xbox app preview won't install games says to join ultimate

    in XboX Insiders
    Windows 11 xbox app preview won't install games says to join ultimate: I am already a gamepass ultimate subscriber but the xbox app will not let me install any gamepass games today. At first the app reporting errors in connecting to try again. I tried on different...
  10. PC doesn’t show INSTALL on GamePass games under ultimate subscription

    in XboX Insiders
    PC doesn’t show INSTALL on GamePass games under ultimate subscription: I have GamePass Ultimate, I can install games on my Xbox Series X, but on my Windows 11 PC the GamePass games show: "Included with GamePass. Your plan: GamePass Ultimate", and the only button...