Xbox game install question

Discus and support Xbox game install question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey I have a question about installing games. Last night I was installing 2 digital games. One had finished and I dont remember how much of the second... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by psychoki11a87, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Xbox game install question

Hey I have a question about installing games. Last night I was installing 2 digital games. One had finished and I dont remember how much of the second game was done but I was going to finish it the next day. So I paused the install and turned the xbox one
    off. I use the power save mode too btw. When I turned on the xbox the next day the game was not in the installl section and so I went to my games and it was there and I ran the game and it started fine, but I am wondering how it was finished when the system
    had been off all night?

:)

psychoki11a87, Oct 22, 2017
  2. mmurdoch
    mmurdoch Guest
    XBOX ONE C/W KINECT 2

Quick question if you install your games on the Xbox hard drive do you still have to have the disc in the machine to play it. If so what's point of installing it in the first.

mmurdoch, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Question: time to download a game

I have a question.

I want to buy a game with the sales that are going in right now. But when I buy the game i'm not abled to install it now, because i can't get to my xbox. So my question is: how much days do I have, when I buy the game, to install it on my xbox

BBBLACKSKULL37, Oct 22, 2017
  4. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

More than likely the fact that it had already started downloading forced the console to finish downloading while it was switch off.

Just a thought.

Shaggy2000, Oct 23, 2017
  5. There is a setting for system and games&apps - both have a checkbox if to keep them up to date.

I have this unchecked - for many reasons like not having more monthly bandwidth left etc and that router is turned off most of the time.

And when I have paused one download - it is always there next time I start Xbox.

But if having many pending updates - pausing one may continue with another - so check out what is queued, so everything is paused.

BookishFlunky90, Nov 1, 2018
  6. BookishFlunky90 Win User

There is a setting for system and games&apps - both have a checkbox if to keep them up to date.

I have this unchecked - for many reasons like not having more monthly bandwidth left etc and that router is turned off most of the time.

And when I have paused one download - it is always there next time I start Xbox.

But if having many pending updates - pausing one may continue with another - so check out what is queued, so everything is paused.
  7. Shaggy2000 Win User

More than likely the fact that it had already started downloading forced the console to finish downloading while it was switch off.

Just a thought.
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

if you are downloading a file, can you switch profiles and keep downloading from the other profile

Hi Garry,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. Yes you are able to switch to other profiles while installing a game from another. You can view the guide for

installing games on Xbox one
    for any other questions.

Thanks,

Brad
  9. ash2k83 Win User

Game installation question

As the above have said, mainly because the DRM was reversed early after E3. If it hadnt have been this wouldve been one of the cool features I wouldve been looking forward to.
  10. Windows10XboxOne Win User

Game installation question

To verify that you purchased a legitimate copy of the game.
Thema:

1. Xbox game install question - Similar Threads - game install question

2. Question ? dowload installing Xbox live in-game experience. This may take a few minutes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question ? dowload installing Xbox live in-game experience. This may take a few minutes...: [img] this is a xbox show 471d3018-5e73-4548-aaa3-b414dfb0cfcf
  3. 0x80073d02 Occurring Despite Game in Question Not Being Installed (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x80073d02 Occurring Despite Game in Question Not Being Installed (PC): I uninstalled Deep Rock Galactic and upon trying to reinstall it, I am now unable to, and am getting the 0x80073d02 error thrown. The game is no longer present on my PC and nothing related is...
  4. Question about installed game

in XboX Insiders
    Question about installed game: Tried downloading the newest Modern warfare game on my Xbox one but I cannot see the game in my owner games list after I installed the game. All of the game’s packs are in my recently installed...
  5. Install gold free games question.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Install gold free games question.: Can you add for 360 and orginal xbox install button under the price without using xbox 360 market and my credit card please thanks. 1caf18f1-f65e-4c79-bbc7-c80d23a01fbd
  6. Xbox One Memory question....Playing Games on Disk vs. installing the whole thing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Memory question....Playing Games on Disk vs. installing the whole thing: Not sure what I am doing wrong. I bought a 64 gig machine last year. It works fine but found that you can only have several games on the machine. How come most games require you to install the...
  7. Question about installing games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about installing games: I am in the process of moving and my internet provider doesn't service my new place. Till I get internet (though I could use my phone till then), I was wondering if I get any physical games, would...
  8. Question about games installing when xbox is off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about games installing when xbox is off.: I bought wolfenstein last night and started installing it, then at some point I paused and shut off the console (I have mine on energy saving mode). Then I started it up today the game was...
  9. Xbox One S game installation question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S game installation question: Hi, I would like to now if the new Xbox One S console game installation is faster or the same as the original. I'm asking this because the Xbox One S has a new bluray drive ( 4K ) Is the new...
  10. easy question... ready to install in games and app's

in XBoX on Consoles
    easy question... ready to install in games and app's: In my games and app's I have some games that I have un-installed but they still linger in "ready to install". How do I get these deleted? And do they take any space while laying around in "ready...