Xbox game install question

Discus and support Xbox game install question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey I have a question about installing games. Last night I was installing 2 digital games. One had finished and I dont remember how much of the second... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by psychoki11a87, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Xbox game install question

Hey I have a question about installing games. Last night I was installing 2 digital games. One had finished and I dont remember how much of the second game was done but I was going to finish it the next day. So I paused the install and turned the xbox one
    off. I use the power save mode too btw. When I turned on the xbox the next day the game was not in the installl section and so I went to my games and it was there and I ran the game and it started fine, but I am wondering how it was finished when the system
    had been off all night?

:)

psychoki11a87, Oct 22, 2017
  2. mmurdoch
    mmurdoch Guest
    XBOX ONE C/W KINECT 2

Quick question if you install your games on the Xbox hard drive do you still have to have the disc in the machine to play it. If so what's point of installing it in the first.

mmurdoch, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Question: time to download a game

I have a question.

I want to buy a game with the sales that are going in right now. But when I buy the game i'm not abled to install it now, because i can't get to my xbox. So my question is: how much days do I have, when I buy the game, to install it on my xbox

BBBLACKSKULL37, Oct 22, 2017
  4. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

More than likely the fact that it had already started downloading forced the console to finish downloading while it was switch off.

Just a thought.

Shaggy2000, Oct 23, 2017
  5. There is a setting for system and games&apps - both have a checkbox if to keep them up to date.

I have this unchecked - for many reasons like not having more monthly bandwidth left etc and that router is turned off most of the time.

And when I have paused one download - it is always there next time I start Xbox.

But if having many pending updates - pausing one may continue with another - so check out what is queued, so everything is paused.

BookishFlunky90, Nov 1, 2018
  6. BookishFlunky90 Win User

There is a setting for system and games&apps - both have a checkbox if to keep them up to date.

I have this unchecked - for many reasons like not having more monthly bandwidth left etc and that router is turned off most of the time.

And when I have paused one download - it is always there next time I start Xbox.

But if having many pending updates - pausing one may continue with another - so check out what is queued, so everything is paused.
  7. Shaggy2000 Win User

More than likely the fact that it had already started downloading forced the console to finish downloading while it was switch off.

Just a thought.
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

if you are downloading a file, can you switch profiles and keep downloading from the other profile

Hi Garry,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. Yes you are able to switch to other profiles while installing a game from another. You can view the guide for

installing games on Xbox one
    for any other questions.

Thanks,

Brad
  9. ash2k83 Win User

Game installation question

As the above have said, mainly because the DRM was reversed early after E3. If it hadnt have been this wouldve been one of the cool features I wouldve been looking forward to.
  10. Windows10XboxOne Win User

Game installation question

To verify that you purchased a legitimate copy of the game.
Thema:

1. Xbox game install question - Similar Threads - game install question

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  4. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  5. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  6. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  7. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  8. My games doesn't install

in XBoX on Consoles
    My games doesn't install: I tried to install games but its stuck at 0%. After few seconds it says that installation stopped. What sould i do now? 79c85130-c937-497e-ab15-e71e2c20980b
  9. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  10. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7