Xbox Game DVR doesn't record sound

Discus and support Xbox Game DVR doesn't record sound in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So pretty much when I record games using Xbox's built in Screen Capture and then play the clips back to watch, everything is fine except the audio. No... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ScaIyfishman, Nov 12, 2021.

1. ScaIyfishman
    ScaIyfishman Guest

So pretty much when I record games using Xbox's built in Screen Capture and then play the clips back to watch, everything is fine except the audio. No sound what so ever via the recording. This has been going on for the past few years and was honestly hoping Microsoft would have fixed by now. I am trying to record GTA IV on backwards compatibility but that shouldn't make a difference.

Really hoping Microsoft can finally fix this.

Cheers.

:)

ScaIyfishman, Nov 12, 2021
  2. I CAPNASTY I Win User

No sound on upload studio

NBA 2K14 doesn't allow sound to be recorded in game DVR because of music license issues.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I know of the issue and unfortunately it hasn't been addressed. I'm guessing it has something to do with copyright laws. Hope rectify it soon.
  4. Vamp The Undead Win User

DVR not recording sound

I am using the xbox one. and using the DVR built in to it, and using a HDMI cord that works fine being that it plays video and sound just fine. just the recording doesn't give sound
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox One S - Recording Game Clip To External Hard Drive, No Mic Audio Recorded

most people seem to be recording their own voice via a PC not natively on the Xbox DVR.

Game DVR recording
  6. Rogue Echo Win User

Upload Studio/ Game DVR Help!

I don't have an answer, but I do have videos with and without sound. After my "Record That" prompt, the resulting 30 second DVR clip has sound. When using the DVR's Start Recording feature to record and edit a 2:49 video, the audio is not present.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game DVR doesn't record sound - Similar Threads - Game DVR doesn't

2. Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games: Hello. My Series X is having this weird issue where commentator voices from several FIFA games (FIFA 23 and 22) aren’t getting captured by the Xbox DVR. I started noticing this 6 days ago. I can...
  3. Since the last update the xbox game dvr is broken again.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Since the last update the xbox game dvr is broken again.: Since the latest update in xbox one x,the xbox game dvr is keeps getting broken. Now I can't record the whole thing because when it's done the whole footage got corrupted like the video is...
  4. How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots?: Hey, so my Xbox game DVR automatically deleted all my recent clips from Xbox live, only leaving a small few of my ancient screenshots from years ago and whenever I upload a new clip, it tells me...
  5. Game DVR doesn't record video but just a screenshot of 1 minut with audio.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game DVR doesn't record video but just a screenshot of 1 minut with audio.: Basically is that... The Game DVR capture only an image with audio: [img] The problem only appears when I use the ''Clip that'' option... Thank you 2cc70b0d-65de-4b2d-893a-f5e6639bf1b3
  6. Game DVR doesn't recognize game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR doesn't recognize game: So I know there's reasons for why this isn't working, but if it's a game that's currently on Xbox... shouldn't it be recognized by Microsoft as a game? I've gotten around some of the restrictions...
  7. game dvr either records microphone and game or doesn't record anything at all

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game dvr either records microphone and game or doesn't record anything at all: i have record game audio only checked but it records my microphone and the computer audio and it sounds horrific. if i turn this off i don't get any audio at all. this never used to happen. help...
  8. My Game DVR Bar Doesn't Show Up Even After Reinstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Game DVR Bar Doesn't Show Up Even After Reinstalling: I was using Xbox DVR for a long time, few months ago it stopped showing up in any app. It doesn't come when I press Win + G. Looked at the shortcut settings but they're fine. Tried different...
  9. snap app Game DVR doesn't work; preview program bug?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    snap app Game DVR doesn't work; preview program bug?: I'm having trouble accessing the Game DVR snap app feature. I never had a problem until a few weeks ago and now it won't work right. It worked right early in the Next Xbox One Experience but not...
  10. Game DVR doesn't work at all.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR doesn't work at all.: So, to start with this, when I first had the console. My Game DVR worked perfectly, and just recently I started having issues with it. Every single time I try to record something, it simply says...