Xbox Game DVR Audio Desync

Discus and support Xbox Game DVR Audio Desync in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello, I don't remember exactly when it began, but pretty recently I've been having problems with my Xbox game clip audio. For some context: I play... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by froshminn, Oct 11, 2022.

1. froshminn
    froshminn Guest

Hello,

I don't remember exactly when it began, but pretty recently I've been having problems with my Xbox game clip audio.

For some context: I play on an Xbox Series X. My Xbox is not damaged, nor has it been neglected or maltreated whatsoever. I record quite a lot of game clips via the in-guide Game DVR "record that" button (the button is X, for me; but I also frequently use the option to record specific time periods, such as 15, 30, or 45 seconds).

Well, recently the majority of clips that I have been recording have been having audio desync issues. The problem is as follows: The recording is missing one (1) to two (2) seconds of content in the video, but the audio fully persists. The video drags behind the audio by those one to two seconds, causing the audio to be out of sync with the video. For example: I took a 30-second clip earlier, but one second was missing, making it 29 seconds. The video begins and the audio is one second ahead of where the video is.

I have tried numerous fixes, but I have not been able to fully solve this issue. I have hard-reset my Xbox multiple times (yes; by holding the power button until it turns off, unplugging the console, clicking the power button a few times to exhaust extra charge, and plugging it back in); I have switched my console into power-saving mode (which it now stays in); I have changed my game clip settings from HDR to 4K to 1080p to 720p and back to no avail; I have even been using a very temporary "fix" (which I will refer to as X360F): When I turn on my console, I boot up a NON-Xbox Series X|S-Enhanced Xbox 360 game (I've been using Portal 2), and I then close the game. This only alleviates the problem until I turn my console back on the next time I want to play.

I am looking for help for a permanent fix for this issue. I know I'm not the only one having this issue as I found X360F after some digging around; however, I don't want a temporary solution; I want the solution. My Game DVR clips being out of sync with the audio is excrutiatingly annoying when I'm recording gameplay moments with the sole purpose of posting said content and sharing with other people. I have "fixed" a couple of clips by simply saving them to my phone and sort of "re-syncing" the audio via editing software, but I should NOT have to do this.

Any valuable input is definitely appreciated,

:)

froshminn, Oct 11, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Froshminn, I don't know how much space you have on your xbox one x internal disc, but this may be happening because of the lack of space the console needs to make the recordings and manage the temporary files of the games it runs.

In cases like this I suggest you try to connect an external disk on your Xbox that has USB 3.0 and direct all the captures to the external disk, so the console will have no problem swapping inside its internal HARD drive.
  3. Mister Maka Win User

DVR isn't picking up audio input from my microphone

Hey LEIGHTON LEGEND,

Windows 10 Xbox DVR will record the game audio, but it does not record input voices or external audio. There is a setting to enable audio with Game DVR, but that setting is for enabling game audio. This page outlines all information on how to

Record game clips with Game DVR on Windows 10

If you'd like to give some feedback for future updates definitely head over to http://xbox.uservoice.com/.
  4. Mezmo75 Win User

Desynced audio in game clips.

Hi im having the same issues with my clips too, i was told by support to try unplugging power leads from xbox and power brick, leave for a few minutes and plug back in. This worked but only temporarily and my clips are still out of sync. Hopefully they can
    fix this in an update soon.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Desynced Audio in game clips.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts along with game clips that aren’t uploaded to xbox network but you can add all of accounts later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  6. Unreal Warfare Win User

Game Recording

Go into settings and check that audio is enabled for Game DVR.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game DVR Audio Desync - Similar Threads - Game DVR Audio

2. Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games: Hello. My Series X is having this weird issue where commentator voices from several FIFA games (FIFA 23 and 22) aren’t getting captured by the Xbox DVR. I started noticing this 6 days ago. I can...
  3. Game DVR audio bug in certain games. ex: apex legends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR audio bug in certain games. ex: apex legends: Current issue is with the Game DVR. I've been having issues with the audio that is being captured during recorded clips, specifically in Apex legends. I've been troubleshooting the issue and have...
  4. No audio track in Game DVR recordings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No audio track in Game DVR recordings: I've seen various posts relating to Game DVR not recording on XBox and previous versions of Windows but the issue still exists in Windows 11. There was even a post suggesting 'downgrading' the...
  5. Windows 11 Game DVR - Audio/Video Desync Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Windows 11 Game DVR - Audio/Video Desync Issue: Anyone have a fix or workaround for audio/video desync in Windows 11's Game DVR recordings? submitted by /u/CliffBlinky [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox Series X Game DVR recorded clips have no audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Game DVR recorded clips have no audio: I am well aware this issue has been said on here plenty of times already. But I've tried the recent queries and their solutions. My current settings are stereo uncompressed for both stereo and...
  7. GAME DVR doesnt record audio - game dvr problems with record in USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    GAME DVR doesnt record audio - game dvr problems with record in USB: i realized every time xbox or game crash game dvr crash too until you restart your console, i dont know if its problem of the games, of the xbox or game dvr but they can't work simultaneously and...
  8. Is there a fix for the Game DVR audio desynch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a fix for the Game DVR audio desynch?: Just curious if Xbox knows about the Game DVR audio desynch and/or If there's a workaround for it. I tend to record a ton of clips to send to my buddy and I've noticed within the last several...
  9. no game audio on xbox dvr please help!

in XboX Insiders
    no game audio on xbox dvr please help!: There's no audio being recorded on the xbox series x game dvr? Why??? Plz help! submitted by /u/TheAlphaJericho [link] [comments]
  10. Series X game DVR captures have desynced audio (enhanced games only)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X game DVR captures have desynced audio (enhanced games only): I've experienced this problem since launch and have yet to see it on a list of known issues so I don't know if it's being worked on. Basically any Series X enhanced game can have wildly desynced...