Xbox Game Disc - Is it normal or my Game Disc is peeling off the layer?

Discus and support Xbox Game Disc - Is it normal or my Game Disc is peeling off the layer? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! First time (or at least I don't remember as last time I had console was PS4 with also Game Discs but it was many years ago) I noticed on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LeokiM32, Sep 23, 2022.

1. LeokiM32
    LeokiM32 Guest

Hello! First time (or at least I don't remember as last time I had console was PS4 with also Game Discs but it was many years ago) I noticed on the Game Disc around the Disc Layer that some are parts like a white uneven layers, and I wonder if it's something I should be worried that the Game Disc is peeling off the layer? I didn't scratch it, it's all good with it but I'm worrying. The other Game Discs I do have are not having this issue and they have a one layer around the 'hole' in the Game Disc and there's nothing like the 'white-like' layer. I circled the weird white-layer in blue, so you know what I mean. I do care about Game Discs to be in as good condition as it's possible for years... I do hope everything is fine? Can anyone tell me if it's normal? The Game Disc is working properly but still, I'm a bit worried as the white layer is very uneven...

Xbox Game Disc - Is it normal or my Game Disc is peeling off the layer? [​IMG]

:)

LeokiM32, Sep 23, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

The hub is a solid piece, it's not a place to worry about.
  3. LeokiM32 Win User

I mean I never saw before (I guess) this kind of thing. It's just that among the XBOX branding there, there's a dark-layer and then this dark-layer is very uneven, showing off the 'white layer' or whatever it is. Should I be worried that someday soon it will NOT work? :( I didn't notice it until I checked the Game Disc if it's not having any dust.
  4. LeokiM32 Win User

I don't store it close to heat.

This 'hub' where is XBOX, some Discs do have a very symmetrical 'circle' and there's this 'dark layer' and no 'white layer' near it, as I marked it in blue. It seems weird, though lately I noticed other Disc has similar thing (both are FIFA Discs), and I wonder if it's normal? Because you can clearly see that the 'darker layer' on hub near XBOX is clearly uneven and it show off the 'white layer' or whatever it is. I hope you know what I mean? It's clearly seen, and as other Discs have very round 'dark layer' and no 'white layer'...

Is it possible that other Game Disc would be unreadable (only license seen, and copying 42% and stops) because it's lightly scratched?
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

The hub is the clear area with the hole in the middle

What is the game?
  6. LeokiM32 Win User

I'm sorry? I don't understand what you mean by hub? It's just that on other discs I've never seen this kind of thing, most had a regular ring around the hole with the layer coloured like the rest of disc, and here it seems like this layer is uneven plus the other lighter layer is (the blue one circled is the area I'm worried).
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Disc - Is it normal or my Game Disc is peeling off the layer? - Similar Threads - Game Disc normal

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...: I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games I download work fine. Is there a reason why it won't read the older Xbox One games I have? Some are brand...
  4. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  5. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  6. I can't get the disc to run the game, how can I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't get the disc to run the game, how can I fix this?: Title is a bit of a lie I have the ultimate edition for fallout New Vegas on disc and I've been trying to install the DLC from the DLC disc but both discs only load up the game pass version of it...
  7. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  8. My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games: My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games. It works completely fine with game pass, but when playing 2 different disc games, in remote play, my...
  9. My brand new series x won’t take any game discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new series x won’t take any game discs: My Xbox will not let any disc in, any fixes? 8101392c-bf55-4237-a64f-ffa5b89eae05
  10. Why does my Xbox not recognise any disc games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox not recognise any disc games?: Currently, all my disc owned games have exclamation marks next to them suggesting they’re unplayable. So when I insert the disc it doesn’t register them to start up, so if I click on the game in...