Xbox Game Disc - Is it normal or my Game Disc is peeling off the layer?

Discus and support Xbox Game Disc - Is it normal or my Game Disc is peeling off the layer? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! First time (or at least I don't remember as last time I had console was PS4 with also Game Discs but it was many years ago) I noticed on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LeokiM32, Sep 23, 2022.

1. LeokiM32
    LeokiM32 Guest

Hello! First time (or at least I don't remember as last time I had console was PS4 with also Game Discs but it was many years ago) I noticed on the Game Disc around the Disc Layer that some are parts like a white uneven layers, and I wonder if it's something I should be worried that the Game Disc is peeling off the layer? I didn't scratch it, it's all good with it but I'm worrying. The other Game Discs I do have are not having this issue and they have a one layer around the 'hole' in the Game Disc and there's nothing like the 'white-like' layer. I circled the weird white-layer in blue, so you know what I mean. I do care about Game Discs to be in as good condition as it's possible for years... I do hope everything is fine? Can anyone tell me if it's normal? The Game Disc is working properly but still, I'm a bit worried as the white layer is very uneven...

Xbox Game Disc - Is it normal or my Game Disc is peeling off the layer? [​IMG]

:)

LeokiM32, Sep 23, 2022
  2. LeokiM32 Win User

I mean I never saw before (I guess) this kind of thing. It's just that among the XBOX branding there, there's a dark-layer and then this dark-layer is very uneven, showing off the 'white layer' or whatever it is. Should I be worried that someday soon it will NOT work? :( I didn't notice it until I checked the Game Disc if it's not having any dust.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

It looks like the authenticity hologram, it's nothing to worry about.

Problems with discs are rarely visible without a microscope, the layers sometimes are not glued properly and oxygen gets in and "rusts" the aluminum data layers. This is referred to as "disc rot"
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Problems with game disc stripping

Hello , I have the GTA V game for Xbox One on physical media for a few years now and it is peeling and I can't play anymore because the Xbox does not read the disc. I was wondering
    if I can get a digital version of the game to compensate for the poor quality of the disc. Other games are also peeling and soon I will lose them too.
    No. The only way to get a digital version if all you have is the disc version would be to purchase said digital version.
  5. NataliaCavicchioli Win User

Jogos descascando!!![Translation-Stripping games !!!]

Hello Brad!
    The discs are peeling on the bright side, not on the sticker.where the game was recorded.They are stopping running the game.The film is dropping and leaving the discs transparent.And the game is crashing.
    Thank you for your help
  6. SONIC SCREAM 07 Win User

Forza Motorsports 3, Stig's Garage Glitch

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'd like to know something.

I have the normal discs.

Would it be OK if I delete all of the normal disc 2 DLC, then install the Ultimate disc 2, and then use my normal disc 1 to run the game?
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Disc - Is it normal or my Game Disc is peeling off the layer? - Similar Threads - Game Disc normal

2. Original Xbox disc games on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Original Xbox disc games on PC: Hello Everyone, I recently bought 2 original Xbox disc games (Project Gotham Racing and Rallisport Challenge) at a garage sale thinking they were backwards compatible with my Xbox One X. When I...
  3. disc unreadable error on downloaded game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    disc unreadable error on downloaded game: My Xbox 360 gives me a disc unreadable error on a game that is downloaded. It’s NCAA football 14 so I’m nervous to delete it like I’ve read to try. Can anything else be done?...
  4. Play a game I got on disc but is also on game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Play a game I got on disc but is also on game pass: I don’t know how to play FS22 now when my game pass just ran out. I got FS22 on disc but don’t know how to play it now when my game pass just ran out? 6f2f33a2-7167-486d-8e5a-fdf1d72e1861
  5. I have to "buy to own" Fallout 76 when the game disc is inserted. I am able to play the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have to "buy to own" Fallout 76 when the game disc is inserted. I am able to play the...: I recently noticed that I both own and don't own Fallout 76. I have the disc inserted, the game launches, I am able to play, but apparently I don't own the game? When I go to the Microsoft store,...
  6. Game disc x series

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game disc x series: I want to play cricket 19 but states have to download via disc not sure what disc to get for X BOX SERIES X 55748193-1e1e-4b2f-9c72-16fd76b5f035
  7. My disc game won't download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My disc game won't download: Hi, I just got my new Xbox it's an Xbox one S, I've neen trying to install my naruto shippuden storm 4 game disc for 1 month now and no matter what I do it always stops installing and says to...
  8. I can't play my game disc's as they ask me to purchase full game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't play my game disc's as they ask me to purchase full game.: I'm having a problem with hard games, I know this isn't my disc drive because it is reading and installing games from the disc's it is also starting the game from home upon inserting. Now I'm...
  9. Am I able to transfer my disc game to digital on my new Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I able to transfer my disc game to digital on my new Xbox series S: Can I turn my disc into a digital copy on my New Xbox series s ecfde5a5-5c86-4384-93a8-32dd136bb12f
  10. Do you have to repurchase disc games on series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you have to repurchase disc games on series s?: I’m on Xbox one s currently and I am thinking about switching to series s, I have a lot of disc games, if I switch do I have to rebuy those games in digital form?...