Xbox game digital resale value/return option

Discus and support Xbox game digital resale value/return option in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So in todays day and age we have digital downloaded games more than ever before and I don't know about you but I mainly buy all my games digitally now.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FrosttheVII, Jan 29, 2018.

1. FrosttheVII
    FrosttheVII Guest

So in todays day and age we have digital downloaded games more than ever before and I don't know about you but I mainly buy all my games digitally now. I have 150+ games at least digitally downloaded. But there's one huge flaw when buying digital games.
    No refunds or resale value. That and no ability to let friends borrow games but that's another subject I may get to after my main point. How about we add the ability to "return games". I mean even if I didn't get 100% of the funds back I'd be ok with getting
    partial return back, especially if I finished/got bored of a game. I'd say add the ability and give 1/4 - 1/2 of the funds back to the purchaser in some way(like maybe a button like the uninstall button but it just says return/partial refund). And as for the
    sharing games, maybe make it to where there's a page or something that shows what all games your friends have and add a button to "request to borrow" from said friend. And if they agree, just make it a timer like Xbox does with videos and give the option for
    1 day all the way to maybe one or a couple weeks and the person lending can't play the game until it's "returned". Just a couple thoughts because if we really want to push for full digital you have to somewhat add some form of incentive over physical, and
    adding a 1/4 or 1/2 purchase price in monetary return will help digital become more mainstream and wanted. Because let's be honest, places like Gamestop's resale value is a joke and I know this would help win over those physical lovers.

:)

FrosttheVII, Jan 29, 2018
  2. MarkyPancake
    MarkyPancake Guest
    Xbox One digital download pricing and file sizes revealed

On the Xbox store, digital BF4 with no resale value nor ability to trade in is £54.99. On Game's website, the disc with resale value and the ability to trade in is £49.99.

MarkyPancake, Jan 29, 2018
  3. KingG 1983
    KingG 1983 Guest
    Digital Game Purchases

This just proves that digital downloads are a complete rip off as they have absolutely no resale value whatsoever

KingG 1983, Jan 29, 2018
  4. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest

"there's one huge flaw when buying digital games - No refunds or resale value"

- It comes down to the game developer. If you buy Call of Duty, that game is made, managed and controlled by Activision. Microsoft I'm sure get's a small percentage of that and you get the digital license for that game to remain licensed to your account.

- Unless or until companies like Activision, EA, Rockstar and so on, want to give their money back to you for a "return" process

- You can buy most games on disc and then sell that game back to Gamestop or whom ever and you'll get $10 or so for that

- Another option for EA games is their EA Access or the Xbox Game Pass

HAZMAT RADIO, Jan 29, 2018
  5. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

"there's one huge flaw when buying digital games - No refunds or resale value"

- It comes down to the game developer. If you buy Call of Duty, that game is made, managed and controlled by Activision. Microsoft I'm sure get's a small percentage of that and you get the digital license for that game to remain licensed to your account.

- Unless or until companies like Activision, EA, Rockstar and so on, want to give their money back to you for a "return" process

- You can buy most games on disc and then sell that game back to Gamestop or whom ever and you'll get $10 or so for that

- Another option for EA games is their EA Access or the Xbox Game Pass
  6. KingG 1983 Win User

Digital Game Purchases

This just proves that digital downloads are a complete rip off as they have absolutely no resale value whatsoever
  7. Boas BS5 Win User

Thief / Tomb Raider Half Price for XB1 (DIGI)

I learnt my lesson with downloads and the 360. When i think of what the resale value could be on all my digital games i shed a tear.
  8. Craven665 Win User

What's everyone's thoughts if Microsoft offered some sort of buy back program or digital trade-in for credit in the marketplace?

It's because there isn't a resale value of a digital copy. When you buy digitally you are paying for the game files and the license. The reason you get money from physical copy is because they can turn around and resell that game. With digital there is
    nothing to resell.
  9. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Games, digital or disc ?

Convenience is the only real advantage of digital games.

In my experience they are always more expensive,they take up a lot hard drive space and they have no resale value.

The only time i buy digital is when there is a sale on.
Thema:

1. Xbox game digital resale value/return option - Similar Threads - game digital resale

2. I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...: I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games I download work fine. Is there a reason why it won't read the older Xbox One games I have? Some are brand...
  3. Add game to Xbox digital store

in XBoX on Windows
    Add game to Xbox digital store: Could y’all add the old Lord of the Rings games like: lord of the rings conquest Lord of the rings third age Lord of the rings return of the king/two towers/fellowship for the ring These games...
  4. hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...: hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14 days ago (14 days is the deadline for digital game purchases). I emailed Microsoft/Xbox to repeal their...
  5. Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer two of my digital games from one account to my other Xbox account?: So I used to have another Xbox account that is under my father’s email address and I purchased two digital games on there. I am wondering if there is any way for me to transfer the games from that...
  6. Did they every set up digital selling your games like Phil said?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did they every set up digital selling your games like Phil said?: AT this point our library isn't going to mean much going forward would love a way to sell off my games. He said it at on of the old E3 I think. 6445dbf6-2211-4ec7-8585-32e8edf2ebc1
  7. is it possible to get games that i have cd's for just the digital version as the cds are...

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it possible to get games that i have cd's for just the digital version as the cds are...: when i try downloading the games it just stops midway and says installation stopped now i dont know if this is a problem with the cd or with the disk drive (xbox one)...
  8. digital game refund

in XBoX on Windows
    digital game refund: I requested a digital game refund which was accepted, its been more than two weeks and i'm still waiting for the refund. aacb9b69-a4d2-47e1-b262-48279c3cdf28
  9. So my refund for a digital game was approved and I still haven’t got my money and it’s been...

in XBoX on Windows
    So my refund for a digital game was approved and I still haven’t got my money and it’s been...: I just want my money back. 569c5ef8-1cfe-40a3-ae6f-939f76fc411f
  10. Is it possible to add the digital game to my account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to add the digital game to my account.: I have a Skylanders Trap Team disk and it doesn’t work anymore, I tried to fixing it and buying it on the Microsoft store on the Xbox but it’s unavailable. Is it possible to add the digital game...