Xbox game chargeback through PaYpal

Discus and support Xbox game chargeback through PaYpal in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I had to charge back 2 games that kept crashing my Xbox One X console; I disputed the charges through PayPal claims, and 10 days later... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UTLF, Nov 26, 2019.

  1. UTLF
    UTLF Guest

    Xbox game chargeback through PaYpal


    Hello,

    Recently I had to charge back 2 games that kept crashing my Xbox One X console; I disputed the charges through PayPal claims, and 10 days later (from Nov. 11 - 21) the claims were closed and refunded in my favour.

    I tried going through the Xbox refund system, but the games wouldn't show up for me, so I had to go through PayPal after contacting Microsoft/Xbox support a few times.

    I am worried I might get banned for doing this, as I read afterwards that there could be repercussions for doing this. Am I at risk? I have asked Xbox support a few times and they say it's nothing to worry about, and that my account is in good standing/no
    alerts regarding these refunds.

    I will never do a chargeback again, this was a one time instance as these games were constantly crashing/shutting off my console/lagging (Modern Warfare 2019 and GTA V)

    I have since returned the Xbox One X and have ordered a new one as well. I may re-purchase the games and see how it goes... has anyone done something similar, and if so, how has it turned out?

    If you were banned, how many days after your refund were you banned? And how long was it for?

    Thanks

    :)
     
  2. Christyna64 Win User

    Xbox game chargeback through PaYpal

    If you contacted support and they looked into then you should be fine, but we have no way of knowing what Microsoft will decide. Did you happen to keep a copy of the conversation if it was a chat session?
  3. JennyInTheCity Win User

    Xbox game chargeback through PaYpal

    You normally get banned for this as Microsoft doesn't want anyone to bypass their refund process as if this is something they can resolve, they will resolve it or if it is a case of fraud and all other issues on the account, but if the support team said
    that the refund was not flagged and your account is ok, it is best to keep records of these conversations for future reference.
  4. UTLF Win User

    Xbox game chargeback through PaYpal

    I've contacted multiple Xbox support members through chat, and they have all assured me that I will be okay; I didn't keep chat logs, but I did get one email from one of the support members saying that I won't be banned.

    I am still skeptical because I read (after the fact) that people have been banned for chargebacks, but that's on Reddit... I haven't really seen any cases on here talking about it, but, like I said, I'm still scared of being banned...
  5. Mixer LJ Win User

    Xbox game chargeback through PaYpal

    hey, no need to worry if you have contacted Microsoft about it and they said its okay you should be fine. I see why there is a no refund system with games but if there is a problem involving you not being able to open the game at least i think that it
    should be okay to claim a refund for it.
  6. Christyna64 Win User

    Xbox game chargeback through PaYpal

    Keep that email for future reference.
Thema:

Xbox game chargeback through PaYpal

Loading...
  1. Xbox game chargeback through PaYpal - Similar Threads - game chargeback through

  2. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  3. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  4. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  5. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  6. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  7. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  8. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  9. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  10. Will my account be revoked for a chargeback? Purchased game that is unplayable, past 14...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will my account be revoked for a chargeback? Purchased game that is unplayable, past 14...: Hello everyone. I’ve purchased Snowrunner 3 Year Anniversary version on 09DEC2023 for $55.10. The game is unplayable. After 5 minutes of play time, the game will crash and force me to the Xbox...