XBOX Game Bar Won't Record (Windows 11)

Discus and support XBOX Game Bar Won't Record (Windows 11) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, I recently purchased a PC with Windows 11 on it, however, I am unable to record any gameplay footage at all via the XBOX Game Bar, the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SirChuxster, Nov 29, 2022.

1. SirChuxster
    SirChuxster Guest

Greetings,

I recently purchased a PC with Windows 11 on it, however, I am unable to record any gameplay footage at all via the XBOX Game Bar, the error that I continuously get is, "Cannot record right now, please try again later", which happens on any and all games regardless of the point in game they are in.

I have tried the following in order to fix the issue:

• WSRESET command.
    • Delete and clearing app data for both XBOX App and XBOX Game Bar.
    • Resetting both XBOX App and XBOX Game Bar.
    • Troubleshooting via Windows Troubleshoot.
    • Ensuring everything in XBOX Game Bar is enabled.
    None of these actions have helped to fix the issue and continue to get the same error. Does anyone know any extra steps I can try in order to resolve this issue?

:)

SirChuxster, Nov 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this SirChuxster

Can you double check if your Windows system and all apps are up to date?

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update

Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Then, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

If everything looks good, try this:

A, reinstall the game bar via powershell command?

Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Now head over to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar, install it and give it a new try

B.Delete the registry keys associated with the game bar :

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.

Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and try again
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Can I extend the playback feature (Replay feature) of the Xbox Game Bar from 10 minutes to 1 hour?

I assume by the 'playback feature' you mean the record time? The Windows Game Bar maximum record time that can be set is 4hrs. This can be changed in Windows Settings > Gaming > Captures.

The Windows Game-Bar uses a video recording codec that requires the file to be finalised in order for it to be saved. This means that either if the recording is stopped via the Game Bar or the recording ends on its own once the maximum time is reached, the file should save. If for some reason there a fault or a system crash, the video recording won't save as it won't complete the 'finalising' process.
  4. CoolLKK PS Win User

Can I extend the playback feature (Replay feature) of the Xbox Game Bar from 10 minutes to 1 hour?

I assume by the 'playback feature' you mean the record time? The Windows Game Bar maximum record time that can be set is 4hrs. This can be changed in Windows Settings > Gaming > Captures.

The Windows Game-Bar uses a video recording codec that requires the file to be finalised in order for it to be saved. This means that either if the recording is stopped via the Game Bar or the recording ends on its own once the maximum time is reached, the file should save. If for some reason there a fault or a system crash, the video recording won't save as it won't complete the 'finalising' process.
    Replay feature NOT Record feature pls?
  5. Corey Stewart4 Win User

Game Bar Party only hears me if xbox game bar is actively open

Im on Windows 11 and this "4. Toggle off the switch for "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar."" is not in my settings.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Clips aren't showing up/sometimes corrupted.

Hello GamerCon7,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Windows 10 computer is not saving clips, and the files that are being saved do not show your gameplay. Are you able to

record game clips
    by pressing the windows logo key+Alt+R? The article we provided contains instructions on how to record game clips. It also explains that for some PC games, Game Bar won't appear full screen. If this article does not resolve the issue,
    we have another article for
    troubleshooting Game Bar
    on Windows 10. Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. XBOX Game Bar Won't Record (Windows 11) - Similar Threads - Game Bar Won't

2. Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit": My game bar displays "we can't show your friends right now. try again in a bit" If I click the refresh button no dice. I have reset/repaired both game bar and xbox app. I have tried the...
  3. Why won't my game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my game bar open?: When I click win + G the game bar won't open, same happens when I search for it through the tool bar. When I open my task manager it says that game bar is running but it still won't open. I've...
  4. Game Bar won't let me record any program but games

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar won't let me record any program but games: It won't let me post a screenshot, but I get that error message "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or file explorer", I'm not trying to record my desktop or anything, I'm...
  5. My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...: It only started happening a week or two ago, but I used to be able to join parties on my game bar just fine. Now every time I try to join a party with my console friends I join to an entirely...
  6. Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active: As far as I can tell, starting a week ago when a new update dropped I am unable to have the Xbox Game Bar register any mic input when the overlay is not active. If the overlay is open or the party...
  7. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: Split from this thread. i have the same issue trying an update f3db7fc0-a921-47a5-8357-b9bc27260bcc
  8. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: I've tried downloading Xbox game bar multiple times, and it gives me the same result every time. It keeps giving me an error "Code: 0x803FB005" and keeps saying "Something happened on our end."...
  9. The xbox game bar won't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The xbox game bar won't open: I can not get the game bar to open, I have looked through the troubleshooting stuff on the xbox website, all of them seem to assume that I have access to the game bar and the problem is in one of...
  10. Xbox game bar won't open when I **** win + g

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar won't open when I **** win + g: So I just had something really cool happen in GTA online and I wasn't able to record it on my laptop with game bar. And when I went win g nothing happened. I spemmed it and still nothing. Not...