Xbox Game Bar won't open, even when trying to troubleshooting Options.

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar won't open, even when trying to troubleshooting Options. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, i am having an Issue regarding the Xbox game bar. It suddenly does not want to start up anymore. It used to work just fine a couple days ago,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cherry219, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Cherry219
    Cherry219 Guest

Hello, i am having an Issue regarding the Xbox game bar. It suddenly does not want to start up anymore. It used to work just fine a couple days ago, but now neither Win+G (or other shortcuts) nor selecting the Xbox Game Bar app from Start boots it up at all. I already checked, and i turned the game bar on in the gaming settings of my PC, none of the Troubleshooting Options seemed to work at all, am i missing something!?

:)

Cherry219, Apr 2, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Cherry219,

Thank you for your response.

If you are still experiencing issues with the game bar after the troubleshooting steps.

Please perform the methods below.

Open PowerShell (admin)

Run the command below

[table][tr]
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    [/tr][/table]

If you are running third party software like and FPS counter, Game boosters, anti virus and anti malware. Disable them.

Make sure to update you graphics driver as well.
  3. Cherry219 Win User

Hi ,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• Before the issue appeared, have you made any major changes?
    • Was there an Update, hardware change or installed program?
    • Current version and edition of Windows installed?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

If you’re experiencing issues using Xbox Game Bar on your Windows device, make sure that you have the latest version of Windows and that all your Windows updates are complete. If you’re experiencing issues with your shortcuts not working, check for updates and ensure that you’re using the latest version of Xbox Game Bar.

If you already have the latest version and still having issues please perform the troubleshooting : Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
    Hello!

• No Major Updates nor Changes were made, aside from downloading a few games on the Xbox App, which never really impacted the game bar before.
    • As to my knowledge there was no update to any of those recently, and aside from xbox games, i have no new programs installed.
    • Yes, my Windows was and is up to date, on Windows 11 Version 22H2, the last update was on the 21st of March.
    • I do believe i have the latest Version of the Game bar, as there is no Update prompt on the microsoft score.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hi Cherry219,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• Before the issue appeared, have you made any major changes?
    • Was there an Update, hardware change or installed program?
    • Current version and edition of Windows installed?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

If you’re experiencing issues using Xbox Game Bar on your Windows device, make sure that you have the latest version of Windows and that all your Windows updates are complete. If you’re experiencing issues with your shortcuts not working, check for updates and ensure that you’re using the latest version of Xbox Game Bar.

If you already have the latest version and still having issues please perform the troubleshooting : Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  6. Leo Ascendent Win User

What is "Xbox overlay" when streaming and how can I fix it?

Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar won't open, even when trying to troubleshooting Options. - Similar Threads - Game Bar won't

2. Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit": My game bar displays "we can't show your friends right now. try again in a bit" If I click the refresh button no dice. I have reset/repaired both game bar and xbox app. I have tried the...
  3. Why won't my game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my game bar open?: When I click win + G the game bar won't open, same happens when I search for it through the tool bar. When I open my task manager it says that game bar is running but it still won't open. I've...
  4. Game Bar won't let me record any program but games

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar won't let me record any program but games: It won't let me post a screenshot, but I get that error message "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or file explorer", I'm not trying to record my desktop or anything, I'm...
  5. My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...: It only started happening a week or two ago, but I used to be able to join parties on my game bar just fine. Now every time I try to join a party with my console friends I join to an entirely...
  6. Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active: As far as I can tell, starting a week ago when a new update dropped I am unable to have the Xbox Game Bar register any mic input when the overlay is not active. If the overlay is open or the party...
  7. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: Split from this thread. i have the same issue trying an update f3db7fc0-a921-47a5-8357-b9bc27260bcc
  8. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: I've tried downloading Xbox game bar multiple times, and it gives me the same result every time. It keeps giving me an error "Code: 0x803FB005" and keeps saying "Something happened on our end."...
  9. The xbox game bar won't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The xbox game bar won't open: I can not get the game bar to open, I have looked through the troubleshooting stuff on the xbox website, all of them seem to assume that I have access to the game bar and the problem is in one of...
  10. Xbox game bar won't open when I **** win + g

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar won't open when I **** win + g: So I just had something really cool happen in GTA online and I wasn't able to record it on my laptop with game bar. And when I went win g nothing happened. I spemmed it and still nothing. Not...