Xbox game bar won't detect own mic

Discus and support Xbox game bar won't detect own mic in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I'm currently using Xbox game car for captures on my windows 11 pc, but when I record an instant replay it only records the background sounds like the... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by KeiranMackay, Feb 12, 2023.

1. KeiranMackay
    KeiranMackay Guest

I'm currently using Xbox game car for captures on my windows 11 pc, but when I record an instant replay it only records the background sounds like the game I'm playing or discord audio but not my own mic. I'm not sure why this is my main mic is the default mic and it picks up my mic if I have the replay set to only record game and mic audio it picks it up fine, but as soon as I add the background audio to pick up my friends as well it stops picking up my mic audio. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

KeiranMackay, Feb 12, 2023
  2. BrianDrake3 Win User

My microphone shows I'm talking in settings but doesn't let me talk in game or on the Xbox game bar

If I go in the Xbox game bar the microphone settings detect my mic and the bar goes up but when I'm in a game or party nobody can hear me
  3. Irixion Win User

Xbox360 guitar hero leads required...drums to controller

If the game doesn't detect the Mic, then it won't work. Alternatively you can connect your Xbox headset mic to your controller and use that for some Guitar Hero titles.
  4. BenBlethyn Win User

Xbox Party via Xbox Game Bar on PC, party voice chat mic detection issue

Hi Christopher,

Unfortunately the PC is detecting the mic and the input it is just the 'xbox game bar' app that is not detecting the microphone rather than the PC, as other apps and windows itself that is recieving the microphone input. Sadly none of the guidance here or elsewhere on the web has helped yet and I'm still stuck for a solution,

Best regards,

Ben
  5. CattyMeowy4Community Win User

Xbox Companion Streaming Microphone Not Working

I'm pretty sure that the Xbox Console Companion app is now outdated. You should probably use the new Xbox app.

Is your issue related to using your mic in the actual app or your mic using Game Bar?

Game Bar party chat is much better than the app's built-in party chat and will most definitely pick up your mic.

(You can activate Game Bar by pressing Win + G)

You can also change your default mic in the Settings in the Sound tab.
  6. nub whisperer Win User

Headset: Can hear friends, but mic won't detect my voice. Tried 2 headsets. Kinect mic works!

Also, if I record a voice message, Xbox says no mic detected; check to see if your mic is muted.

It's NOT muted!
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar won't detect own mic - Similar Threads - game bar won't

2. Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit": My game bar displays "we can't show your friends right now. try again in a bit" If I click the refresh button no dice. I have reset/repaired both game bar and xbox app. I have tried the...
  3. Why won't my game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my game bar open?: When I click win + G the game bar won't open, same happens when I search for it through the tool bar. When I open my task manager it says that game bar is running but it still won't open. I've...
  4. Game Bar won't let me record any program but games

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar won't let me record any program but games: It won't let me post a screenshot, but I get that error message "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or file explorer", I'm not trying to record my desktop or anything, I'm...
  5. My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...: It only started happening a week or two ago, but I used to be able to join parties on my game bar just fine. Now every time I try to join a party with my console friends I join to an entirely...
  6. Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active: As far as I can tell, starting a week ago when a new update dropped I am unable to have the Xbox Game Bar register any mic input when the overlay is not active. If the overlay is open or the party...
  7. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: Split from this thread. i have the same issue trying an update f3db7fc0-a921-47a5-8357-b9bc27260bcc
  8. Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Xbox game bar download onto my computer: I've tried downloading Xbox game bar multiple times, and it gives me the same result every time. It keeps giving me an error "Code: 0x803FB005" and keeps saying "Something happened on our end."...
  9. The xbox game bar won't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The xbox game bar won't open: I can not get the game bar to open, I have looked through the troubleshooting stuff on the xbox website, all of them seem to assume that I have access to the game bar and the problem is in one of...
  10. Xbox game bar won't open when I **** win + g

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar won't open when I **** win + g: So I just had something really cool happen in GTA online and I wasn't able to record it on my laptop with game bar. And when I went win g nothing happened. I spemmed it and still nothing. Not...