Xbox game bar video and audio not synced

Discus and support Xbox game bar video and audio not synced in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently have ran into a problem with my xbox game bar... I used to always record the last 30 seconds of my gameplay with xbox game bar and never has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SpeedCubePro, Nov 2, 2022.

1. SpeedCubePro
    SpeedCubePro Guest

I recently have ran into a problem with my xbox game bar... I used to always record the last 30 seconds of my gameplay with xbox game bar and never has been a problem. I was moving things around from my SSD to my HDD to create more space on my SSD (I dont know if that had anything to do with it but im putting it out there just in case it does). I later was running into a problem where when i record my last 30 seconds, it would record the whole 30 seconds of video, but it would only record maybe 10-15 seconds of audio (it varies many times) to where that audio would belong near the end of the clip but it would be played at the beginning of the video then the rest of the video is silent.

I've tried reaching out to people and support to get help with this problem, ive cleared cach, ive reset the app itself, ive set the option to record only last 15 seconds, etc. At most, it will only fix the next clip I go to record, but after that, it would go back to unsyncing the audio from the video. I've tried everything I can and nothing has worked. I've checked my default video and audio settings to make sure it is correct, and at this point i cant even uninstall then reinstall because windows wont let you uninstall, the closest thing ive found to uninstalling is some code that I got from somebody that you would run through powershell and it uninstalled it but when I reinstall it just makes the same probem. I dont know what to do. Any help would be helpful.

*** moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming ***

:)

SpeedCubePro, Nov 2, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello SpeedCubePro,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on your description, you have issues with the recording's audio from Xbox Game Bar. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

We understand that you have tried to fix this by troubleshooting and we believed you did a great thing to ask us in here so we can help. This app is pre-installed in your computer, and this will be best if we do troubleshoot related to the computer first. Before we proceed, please provide us with a few details about your concern:

1. Is this issue happening to all games?
    2. May we ask for the Windows version and edition of your computer or laptop?

Please type WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit Enter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suggested troubleshooting:

We found support articles that you are quite related to your concern. However. we would like to provide you these steps:

1. Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows
    2. Please do the update of drivers, guide - update drivers in Windows. Additionally, please check known issues from manufacturer. This could be a known issue to audio or else you may need to update your drivers.
    3. On the taskbar, press and hold the volume icon. Select Troubleshoot sound problems, and then follow the instructions.
    4. Unplug audio accessories that is plugged into your device.
    5. Make sure there is more than enough storage on the folder where you will be saving the game's recording.
    6. Reset/Repair Microsoft Store and Xbox app. Guide - Repair apps and programs in Windows.
    7. Try reinstalling the Gaming Services package on your computer:
      • Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
      • In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
      • Wait for the process to finish.
    8. Restart and disable all antivirus, antimalware, VPN, proxy, firewall and PC Optimizer.
    9. Try to record and please update us on how it went.
    Support article:

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot recording game clips on Xbox | Xbox Support

Use Xbox Game Bar to capture game clips and screenshots on Windows | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. FleeingBard9892 Win User

Getting analog audio and HDMI at the same time?

Whoever says that HDMI audio is superior to Toslink must think that Mcdonalds is fine dining. HDMi lags and is not recommended for proper video audio sync. Fiber is far superior and will always be faster then a copper connection. Certain games like Rocksmith
    recommend using only toslink audio as HDMI is too slow to sync to the video.
  5. thethirdhalf Win User

Windows 8.1 XBox Video Metro App video/audio sync/lag issue

I reverted to Windows 8. The Xbox Video works fine. The video no longer lags and is out of sync with the audio. So Windows 8.1 broke something.
  6. Ariel Acu Win User

audio and video aren't synced when i record clips

Hi DARKOWNAGE97,

Normally, there's no delay when recording clips on Windows 10. It's possible that a corrupted system file is affecting the issue. Have you checked if your computer is updated? Also, does the issue occur to video clips?

In the meantime, I recommend that you turn off the Game bar and Game DVR by going to
    Settings > Gaming on your computer, then check if the audio and video are now synced.

We look forward to your reply.
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar video and audio not synced - Similar Threads - game bar video

2. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  3. game bar "upload to cloud recorded video" feature no longer showing

in XboX Insiders
    game bar "upload to cloud recorded video" feature no longer showing: https://imgur.com/BshxJJt this started about 2 months ago i think, I was really enjoying the app as it's easy to use and I can upload and share gaming clips with my friends without having issues...
  4. Video recorded with Game Bar, the audio becomes very choppy and garbled.

in XBoX on Windows
    Video recorded with Game Bar, the audio becomes very choppy and garbled.: When recording video with Game Bar, the audio becomes very choppy and garbled. 28dd10db-d971-4525-92f1-2d66850fbf8f
  5. How to generate a script while using the windows Game Bar video recording

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to generate a script while using the windows Game Bar video recording: I'm using the windows Game Bar video recording option to record my lectures. Can I get generated a script on those other than the video recording ? or a transcript of the voice recording? OR Do...
  6. Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All"

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All": Hello, I am using Windows 11 and took a video using Windows Game Bar. I could hear audio the entire time I took the capture, and capturing settings were set to "All" yet the video has no sound....
  7. Taking a video clip with Xbox Game bar completely tanks frames (COD MW2)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Taking a video clip with Xbox Game bar completely tanks frames (COD MW2): Playing COD MW2 and taking video clips the frames drop to almost nothing. It was working fine till around the time I updated the NVIDIA game ready driver (536.99). The game runs fine at all other...
  8. How do I stretch videos to 16:9 with xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I stretch videos to 16:9 with xbox game bar: I usually play on a smaller resolution then my actual screen (1024 x 720), this helps me get higher fps + better aim When I try to record last 15 seconds with the "clip that" feature on it comes...
  9. How to DECREASE XBox Game Bar video quality?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to DECREASE XBox Game Bar video quality?: I'd like to DECREASE XBox Game Bar video quality on Windows 11. The default settings (Windows logo key> Settings > Gaming > Captures> Video Quality) has no option to decrease it, the default...
  10. hello i have a problem when i open xbox game bar to record a video he lagging at delete the...

in XBoX on Windows
    hello i have a problem when i open xbox game bar to record a video he lagging at delete the...: hello i have a problem when i open xbox game bar to record a video he lagging at delete the video 5dbedfa2-5a84-497e-8c35-0090efc86ae1