Xbox game bar timer not hiding when recording

Discus and support Xbox game bar timer not hiding when recording in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I record a video of my screen with xbox game bar the timer that shows up stays in the video that is recorder for some reason and i'm not sure why... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JoeJoestar1, Jul 22, 2021.

1. JoeJoestar1
    JoeJoestar1 Guest

When I record a video of my screen with xbox game bar the timer that shows up stays in the video that is recorder for some reason and i'm not sure why since i've also tried a dozen different fixes I found on the internet. Some important details are that this issue only occurs when I record a video of the game called "red dead redemption 2" and that this issue has recently started happening and has not been a problem until quite recently

:)

JoeJoestar1, Jul 22, 2021
  2. JoeJoestar1 Win User

No new consultant has responded yet but well thank you for trying to help out, i'll try to check and see if it might be because I recently updated my graphics driver
  3. Eletricdrum Win User

I'm not 100% sure about the root cause of this issue.. I'll release the question so other consultant that already face this Will help you
  4. Eletricdrum Win User

Ok...

Please.. check the Windows update and make sure that your Windows have all updates installed...

After that press the Windows key
    Select the gear icon to access Settings.
    Go to Gaming.
    Select Game DVR.
    Under Background Recording
    Check if the toggle switch is enabled.

Restart your PC and try to record a game again.
  5. JoeJoestar1 Win User

Alright I checked my windows updates and I do already have the most recent one. Do you think the cause of the problem could be a recent windows or xbox update?
  6. Eletricdrum Win User

Hi JOEJOESTAR1, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

Seems like the background recording is not enabled on your PC.

Please try the steps:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bac...

Enable Background Recording:

Refer Background recording settings in Captures on Windows 10 to know how to enable the Background Recording.
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar timer not hiding when recording - Similar Threads - game bar timer

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  6. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  7. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  8. Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available."

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available.": Game Bar doesn't recognise Sea of Thieves Steam version, which means it won't allow me to record game clips using Game Bar. It shows me this box And when I tick that box, it immediately unticks...
  9. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  10. Can you not hide the timer on the xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you not hide the timer on the xbox game bar: The timers annoying and for some reason i can't hide it background recording is on and the timer is still showing and win alt t is not hiding it, i would rather not have to hit record every 10...