Xbox Game Bar Settings not appearing

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar Settings not appearing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Game Bar works for recording games, but I can't access the settings for it. All that shows up is the option of turning the Game DVR on and off. Tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BeakedBeast8067, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Xbox Game Bar Settings not appearing

Game Bar works for recording games, but I can't access the settings for it. All that shows up is the option of turning the Game DVR on and off. Tried updating and restarting both app and computer. Any suggestions?

Xbox Game Bar Settings not appearing [​IMG]

:)

BeakedBeast8067, Sep 24, 2017
  2. PrOwArNeS115
    PrOwArNeS115 Guest
    Minecraft Xbox one not updating

minecraft is not updating and the progress bar is not appearing. please help

PrOwArNeS115, Sep 24, 2017
  3. hi10s
    hi10s Guest
    Children not appearing in Xbox privacy settings

Hi, I really hope someone can help me. Both my children are members of my Microsoft family and appear in my Microsoft account no problem. The issue is that they both play Minecraft and want to play in a realm. Because they have children's accounts, the default
    Xbox privacy settings disallow this.

However, when I go to the Xbox privacy settings as advised, they do not appear there as they should.

Compounding the problem is that I am also unable to contact support through chat because the autofill does not enter my first name and surname in the respective fields and I am unable to start the chat session!

It's the damndest thing. After extensively searching the problem, I do not find anyone else posting a similar issue.

I have checked that all our Microsoft account profiles are set to the same country and are correctly filled out. I even tried removing my children from my family and changing their ages to over 18, but Microsoft (Xbox Live) still considers their accounts
    as children accounts.

If anyone has any suggestions, please! Or if someone from Microsoft support reads this, please let me know how else I can contact you beyond chat.

Thanks in advance!

hi10s, Sep 24, 2017
  4. Jomari Arc
    Jomari Arc Guest

Hi,

It appears that the issue is specifically with the components of your Xbox app. Here is a

link
    on how to troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar Settings.

*If the issue persists, we suggest that you check for new Windows Updates and install the critical and important updates on your computer by following the steps on this link.

*If your customized shortcuts are not working, you may also check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store by following the steps on this link.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Sep 25, 2017
  5. Jomari Arc Win User

Hi,

It appears that the issue is specifically with the components of your Xbox app. Here is a

link
    on how to troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar Settings.

*If the issue persists, we suggest that you check for new Windows Updates and install the critical and important updates on your computer by following the steps on this link.

*If your customized shortcuts are not working, you may also check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store by following the steps on this link.

Let us know how it turns out.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

The achievement is unlocked, but does not popup on the game screen [on Game Pass PC]

Thanks for the extra info

Try using your account everywhere (including the Microsoft store) to see if the achievement notification appears

And this can be a bit dumb, but make sure to have notifications enabled for the Xbox game bar via windows settings and game bar settings
  7. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Xbox Game Bar Recording

Okay! Open the Start menu, and select Settings > Gaming and make sure Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Xbox Game Bar is On. If Xbox Game Bar doesn't appear for a full-screen game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the Windows logo key + Alt + R to start recording a clip, then press it again to stop.
  8. SlyLight360 Win User

How to fix "Can't open ms-xbl-multiplayer link"?

It appears that the game bar is looking for the app on your PC. It doesn't go to cloud gaming anymore. I hope it is a bug in the Game Bar/Xbox app/
  9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox application offline issue and game bar bug

Fix problems with Xbox Game Bar on
    Windows 10. If nothing happens when you press the Windows logo key + G, check your
    Xbox Game Bar settings. ... If Xbox Game Bar doesn't appear for a full-screen
    game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the Windows logo key + Alt + R to
    start recording a clip, then press it again to stop.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar Settings not appearing - Similar Threads - Game Bar Settings

2. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  3. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  4. My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.: When I go to open Game bar with a game running and go to record what happened its always grayed out saying its "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File explorer". When I...
  5. Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings

in XboX Insiders
    Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings: i was trying to fix my party chat because it wasnt letting me talk even though it showed it was picking it up, so after going to tons of trouble shooting i went and did the simple thing, delete...
  6. Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...: On the most recent canary version of Windows 11, the Game Bar starts appearing when pressing the guide button on an Xinput controller, even when the options for bringing up the Game Bar with a...
  7. Missing Game Bar Settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Missing Game Bar Settings: I have virtually no settings in my game bar settings on windows 11. I've also recently reset my PC so that clearly didn't fix it. Please help. It's not letting me screen record, and I need to for...
  8. Xbox Game Bar Account Settings XBGB - 1.603.10181.0

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar Account Settings XBGB - 1.603.10181.0: Appears this has disappeared from the latest release? I can uninstall, reinstall and it's there and after updating to the latest it's gone again. I'm sure it's a feature to force us into the Xbox...
  9. Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All"

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All": Hello, I am using Windows 11 and took a video using Windows Game Bar. I could hear audio the entire time I took the capture, and capturing settings were set to "All" yet the video has no sound....
  10. Xbox Game Bar only records Audio if Capture Settings is set to game-only, and not when...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar only records Audio if Capture Settings is set to game-only, and not when...: I am trying to record gameplay with my friends in discord included in my clips, because their reactions can be pretty funny and add to the value of the clip, but the only problem is when I use the...