Xbox game bar recordings lost

Discus and support Xbox game bar recordings lost in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; due to a reason all my xbox game bar recordings were saved in the temporary folder and all my lectures were in it . but today when i checked the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Dulain Hettiarachchi, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Xbox game bar recordings lost

due to a reason all my xbox game bar recordings were saved in the temporary folder and all my lectures were in it . but today when i checked the previous recordings were in a different format , and i cant access them . please help me on how to get them back
    Xbox game bar recordings lost [​IMG]

:)

Dulain Hettiarachchi, Nov 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Dulain

Usually when a file is stored in the temp folder (temporary)
    The system from time to time delete the files inside this folder
    If you’re not able to see those files and if you didn’t moved the clips before this, unfortunately the clips were deleted permanently and is not possible to recover them, sorry
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

How to record Game Bar overlay while recording with Game Bar itself?

Hello AdidasPK,

We appreciate you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are having trouble recording Game Bar overlay while recording with Game Bar itself. I'll be happy to assist you with this.

To record Game Bar overlay while recording with Game Bar itself, you need to enable the "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar" option in the Game Bar settings. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Press the Windows key + G to open the Game Bar.

2. Click on the Settings icon (gear icon) on the Game Bar.

3. In the Game Bar settings, make sure that the "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar" option is turned on.

4. Also, make sure that the "Record audio when I record a game" option is turned on if you want to record audio along with your gameplay.

5. Once you have enabled these settings, you can start recording your gameplay by pressing the Windows key + Alt + R.

Please note that not all games support Game Bar overlay recording. If you are having trouble recording Game Bar overlay while recording with Game Bar itself, it could be due to the game not supporting this feature. You can check the game's display settings to see if there are any options related to Game Bar overlay recording.

Source: Use Xbox game bar to capture game clips and screenshots on windows

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Mr. Trust_A Win User

how to record screen?

5. さよちrt。 Win User

xbox game bar video çekmiyor [Translate] Xbox Game Bar Video Reception

• If nothing happens when you press the Windows logo key
      + G, check your Xbox Game Bar settings. Open the
      Start menu, and select Settings >
      Gaming and make sure Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Xbox Game Bar is
      On.
    • If Xbox Game Bar doesn’t appear for a full-screen game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the
      Windows logo key + Alt +
      R to start recording a clip, then press it again to stop. You’ll see the screen flash when the recording starts and ends.

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10
    I did everything but still not recording. I can take screen shot with game bar but can't record video.

Im pressing button but nothing happens
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Issues with Game Bar

Hi Raven,

Thanks for your post! I understand you're experiencing issues with recording clips. Do you mind posting the exact error message you are seeing when attempting to record clips? Have you attempted to record clips in any other games using the Game Bar? For
    troubleshooting Game Bar, check out this article:
    Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows 10

Please let us know.
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar recordings lost - Similar Threads - game bar recordings

2. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  3. Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution: Sometimes, when playing a game in full screen, I will use the Capture button on my Xbox controller or use Windows Key + G to open game bar and record a clip, but when I look at the clip...
  4. I can't record on my pc with the game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't record on my pc with the game bar: im on my pc and i'm trying to record a video but it says "recording isn't working "error:0x82323619" i dont realy know much about this xbox on my pc stuff 728fd6a4-39db-4808-9a17-1bdcefa44de0
  5. Game Bar not recording clips with MY voice

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar not recording clips with MY voice: I have the setting enabled to record voice, I have privacy permissions set to allow my mic to be detected. I have all microphone devices disabled except my actual microphone and have it selected...
  6. My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.: When I go to open Game bar with a game running and go to record what happened its always grayed out saying its "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File explorer". When I...
  7. Game Bar won't let me record any program but games

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar won't let me record any program but games: It won't let me post a screenshot, but I get that error message "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or file explorer", I'm not trying to record my desktop or anything, I'm...
  8. I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar: I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating the xbox game bar, what can I do? d9667d4d-593e-4fc1-9969-bf20e8d78b76
  9. Xbox Game Bar Recording Mouse Cursor Misaligned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Recording Mouse Cursor Misaligned: Hello, I have had this issue for quite a while with Xbox Game Bar I've tried multiple stuff such as changing my resolutions to try and fix it, reinstalling Game Bar itself and what not but I still...
  10. "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?: Every time I take 30 second clips with the "record what happened" option in the Xbox Game Bar, the microphone doesn't work and doesn't take it, causing the clip to not have my voice. When I record...