Xbox Game Bar randomly stops recording and refuses to start recording until after PC restart.

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar randomly stops recording and refuses to start recording until after PC restart. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; There seems to be a bug on Xbox Game Bar where the application will randomly stop recording my game for no reason, then when I try to start another... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/mEgstad, Jan 27, 2021.

1. /u/mEgstad
    /u/mEgstad Guest

Xbox Game Bar randomly stops recording and refuses to start recording until after PC restart.

There seems to be a bug on Xbox Game Bar where the application will randomly stop recording my game for no reason, then when I try to start another recording an error message shows up on the screen and it refuses to work. Is anyone else having this problem and is there a fix to it?

submitted by /u/mEgstad
    [link] [comments]

/u/mEgstad, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Xbox Game Bar Recording

Okay! Open the Start menu, and select Settings > Gaming and make sure Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Xbox Game Bar is On. If Xbox Game Bar doesn't appear for a full-screen game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the Windows logo key + Alt + R to start recording a clip, then press it again to stop.
  3. Alucario Ultra Win User

Windows Game Bar

Hello

• If nothing happens when you press the Windows logo key + G, check your Game bar settings. Open the Start menu, and select Settings > Gaming and
      make sure Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar is On.

• If Game bar doesn’t appear for a full-screen game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the Windows logo key + Alt + R to start recording a clip, then press it again to stop. You’ll see the screen flash when the recording
      starts and ends.

You may also want to try checking for updates, or resetting your PC.

Luck.
  4. JMW.62 Win User

XBox Game Bar

Hi Josef, doing great thanks! Hope you are doing great also?

I am on WIN10 Pro. As far as I know everything is up to date.

I am not a gamer. I use Iobit Advanced System Cleaner.

I used the XBox screen recorder a number of times before. The program still works, but

refuses to record anything. If I press the keyboard shortcut Win+Alt+R nothing happens.

I used to record using the keyboard shortcut before and it worked fine. I.e. the small

screen recorder bar used to appear, record, stop recording, etc. But, now this bar doesn't

show anymore? If I press the XBox app shortcut, i.e. Win+G, the app opens, but pressing

the Record button just shows a notification: We can't record at the moment. Try again later.

I first tried the suggestion to switch of the app in settings and then switch it back on after

a few minutes. This didn't work. Then, I googled and found the MS article (i.e. link in my

question). It directs to uninstall XBox app using Windows Power Shell, then restart PC, then

download and reinstall from Microsoft Store. I tried this, but the problem still persists. I can't record any

thing?

This is apparently a common issue. I would be grateful for any help you may be able to give.
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

xbox game bar screen recording black screen

Hi Enlopz. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

> i would also like to add that the screen record was named “control panel”

Game Bar names recordings after the app it was recording, so in this case it was recording the Control Panel.

Game Bar can only record one app window, it will record the app which was focused when you started the recording. It cannot switch to recording another app after you begin recording.

> i would also like to fix this specific screen recording as it is important for me.

I'm afraid it won't be possible to fix this recording. Game Bar only recorded that specific window; you can't go back and change that as any other data was not captured during the recording.

If you wish to record your whole screen, I recommend using a different recording app such as OBS. Game Bar is designed for recording games, hence why it can only capture one window at a time.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  6. XxXDragonLordXxX Win User

XBOX Game Bar for PC Not Working right

I do not have a problem using the keys in game, the game bar would not recording the game, and when i hit record it would lag and not record. I have already tried using the page you provided for help. Nothing has worked, the only way to fix it is restart
    my PC.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar randomly stops recording and refuses to start recording until after PC restart. - Similar Threads - Game Bar randomly

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  6. Games on Windows 11 randomly disconnecting and xbox game bar party chat follows along and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games on Windows 11 randomly disconnecting and xbox game bar party chat follows along and...: So about a month ago I was playing league of legends and in the middle of the match everyone stopped moving and my party chat said everyone was disconnected and that I was trying to connect. The...
  7. Random popping in recordings with Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random popping in recordings with Xbox Game Bar: I have tried searching for hours and not a single fix online that I could find would resolve this issue. Randomly near the start or end of clips the one minute clips I take include popping in the...
  8. Xbox Game Bar Random Crashing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar Random Crashing: I have had this problem for the past couple of months, that is my game bar will crash seemingly randomly when I press the shortcut to open it. When I open it it opens, then closes, then when I...
  9. Random static recording when record with xbox game bar when in game

in XBoX on Windows
    Random static recording when record with xbox game bar when in game: Sth like: Sus recording moments - Made with Clipchamp (streamable.com) It happen randomly, esecipally at long length videos where it have random static sound and it will automatically worn out...
  10. Can't turn off random game invites in windows 10 game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't turn off random game invites in windows 10 game bar: Hi all, I'll just keep it simple, I just want to get rid of game invites from people I don't know. I keep getting them when playing Forza, invites to play Forza Horizon 4 (when I'm already in the...