Xbox Game Bar Random Crashing

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar Random Crashing in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have had this problem for the past couple of months, that is my game bar will crash seemingly randomly when I press the shortcut to open it. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Joey Ripper, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Joey Ripper
    Joey Ripper Guest

I have had this problem for the past couple of months, that is my game bar will crash seemingly randomly when I press the shortcut to open it. When I open it it opens, then closes, then when I open it again it starts up like it did the first time. Although rarely I will not crash. I have reason to believe it is because I have done something with a party. I have tried looking it up, and updating the game bar and everything I can find online, but I have not found anyone else with this problem. (It should be known that my game bar started doing this since an update sometime in the middle of July I believe.)

:)

Joey Ripper, Oct 19, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thank you.

Let's try this:
    Delete the registry keys associated with the game bar
    Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.
    Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and try again

If that doesn't work try doing a clean boot in your PC and try again
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

If the issue persist, try instead creating a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...
  3. Joey Ripper Win User

Windows 10

I have reset, repaired, and have been looking for updates since. I have looked in settings, for the Xbox game bar setting, and have never seen that turned off. I have also updated windows 10 multiple times. Please let me know if you need any more info
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Joey

Please answer the following questions to assist you properly:
    Is this happening on Windows 11 or 10?
    Tell me briefly what else did you tried so far to fix this problem (besides the solutions provided in your post)
    This is to avoid giving you the same troubleshooting steps or tell you how to proceed
  5. Mrxsevenx Win User

xbox app games crashing randomly

so it still dose it just random crash the steam games play fine but game pass games random crash
  6. juicyguyzer Win User

LFG Crashing when I try to post

Hi Team,

When I try to post on LFG using the XBox Game Bar, the game bar crashes.

But if I join other people's LFG, it works fine without crashing.

Help would be appreciated.
    Update: I reinstalled the Xbox Game Bar (using
    this article
    ) and now it works! Thanks for all the help!
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar Random Crashing - Similar Threads - Game Bar Random

2. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  3. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  4. Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available."

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available.": Game Bar doesn't recognise Sea of Thieves Steam version, which means it won't allow me to record game clips using Game Bar. It shows me this box And when I tick that box, it immediately unticks...
  5. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  6. My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?

in XBoX on Windows
    My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?: I’ve been using the xbox gaming bar for quite some time, but I can’t seem to find the place to change the video quality and when I record, my cursor always seems to be out of place. Like for...
  7. Games on Windows 11 randomly disconnecting and xbox game bar party chat follows along and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games on Windows 11 randomly disconnecting and xbox game bar party chat follows along and...: So about a month ago I was playing league of legends and in the middle of the match everyone stopped moving and my party chat said everyone was disconnected and that I was trying to connect. The...
  8. Random popping in recordings with Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random popping in recordings with Xbox Game Bar: I have tried searching for hours and not a single fix online that I could find would resolve this issue. Randomly near the start or end of clips the one minute clips I take include popping in the...
  9. Random static recording when record with xbox game bar when in game

in XBoX on Windows
    Random static recording when record with xbox game bar when in game: Sth like: Sus recording moments - Made with Clipchamp (streamable.com) It happen randomly, esecipally at long length videos where it have random static sound and it will automatically worn out...
  10. Can't turn off random game invites in windows 10 game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't turn off random game invites in windows 10 game bar: Hi all, I'll just keep it simple, I just want to get rid of game invites from people I don't know. I keep getting them when playing Forza, invites to play Forza Horizon 4 (when I'm already in the...