Xbox game bar/ profile says I am playing NBA2k17 when playing watch dogs 2

Discus and support Xbox game bar/ profile says I am playing NBA2k17 when playing watch dogs 2 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been playing watch dogs 2 for a while, but only recently in 2021, this issue has started. I don't have NBA2K17 at all. Please can you fix this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tarven, May 3, 2021.

1. Tarven
    Tarven Guest

I have been playing watch dogs 2 for a while, but only recently in 2021, this issue has started. I don't have NBA2K17 at all.

Please can you fix this issue. This is very annoying.

:)

Tarven, May 3, 2021
  2. XBF Aicha T Win User

Hello @Tarven, I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. Therefore, you will only need to follow those simple troubleshooting steps that I will provide you with and your issue should be fixed.

The following troubleshooting step will help you clear out your MAC address:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

Another step that you can try to resolve the issue, would be to remove and re-add your account. In order to do that please go to: settings> account> remove accounts> remove your account.

You could also try this troubleshooting step to clear any corrupted data from your device:

1- Go to settings on your Xbox

2- Select system

3-Select storage

4- Clear local saved games and your console will automatically restart

Note: When doing this step please make sure that you always play online so that all your data is saved to the cloud

If the issue still persists after going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 10-15 seconds plug all your cables back in and then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming
  3. Tarven Win User

I forgot to mention I am using Windows 10.

It is the Game bar and Xbox apps that is misunderstanding Watch Dogs game, for "NBA2k17".

What can I do to fix this? I don't want NBA showing in previously played games or as my status. In 2020, this was not an issue. I have started having this issue only recently.
  4. OUgroundGAME Win User

Family Share wouldn't have worked.

The only people saying 10 playing at once are those against the feature. Those of us who were looking forward to it were under 1 of 2 impressions. 1) I'm playing Watch Dogs, 1 of the 10 can also play Watch Dogs or another game in my library while the other
    9 couldn't at that time. 2) I'm playing Watch Dogs, 1 of the 10 can play any other game in my library but that, while the other 9 couldn't at that time. Explain to me how that's any different than the current system. If I lend a disc, I can't play nor can
    anybody but who I loan it to. Except now neither of us have to drive to one another's house to give/take the disc.
  5. TheAce49 Win User

Watch Dogs install problem

when I installed my Watch Dogs game on my xbox 360 it installs but then it ask's for disk 2 all the game says on the Screen Loading and that's all it does
  6. ProGAMERZXBOX Win User

Help me.

At the moment there is a free trial available for Watch dogs 2, the only option is to purchase watch dogs or play the free trial đź‘Ť
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar/ profile says I am playing NBA2k17 when playing watch dogs 2 - Similar Threads - game bar profile

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  6. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  7. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  8. Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available."

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available.": Game Bar doesn't recognise Sea of Thieves Steam version, which means it won't allow me to record game clips using Game Bar. It shows me this box And when I tick that box, it immediately unticks...
  9. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  10. "Your Xbox profile is unable to use parties" error on pc game bar..

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    "Your Xbox profile is unable to use parties" error on pc game bar..: "Your Xbox profile is unable to use parties" error on pc game bar.. this error just started last night randomly. I was in party just fine. Tried to join another. I can join it but i cant hear...