Xbox Game Bar picking up too much background noise?

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar picking up too much background noise? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have been having a problem where Xbox game bar is receiving too much background noise in recordings through my Blue Iceball condenser mic. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lolzcam, Nov 28, 2021.

1. lolzcam
    lolzcam Guest

So I have been having a problem where Xbox game bar is receiving too much background noise in recordings through my Blue Iceball condenser mic. I have tested my mic with other Windows recording software with no problems, it only seems to happen on the game bar. I have also checked the privacy settings of my mic. Is there any fix?

:)

lolzcam, Nov 28, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there lolzcam welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. It seems some fellow gamers have found a solution! Give it a try!

"We could test if with the volume, it can capture a little less the air that records when speaking and that does not allow you to hear your voice cleanly.

To install a new microphone, follow these steps:

Make sure the microphone is connected to the equipment.

Select Start> Settings> System> Sound.

In sound settings, go to Input> Choose input device, then select the microphone or recording device you want to use.

To test a microphone that has already been installed:

Make sure the microphone is connected to the equipment.

Select Start> Settings> System> Sound.

In sound settings, go to Input> Test Microphone and look for the blue bar that rises and falls as you speak into the microphone. If the bar moves, the microphone is working properly.

If the bar isn't moving, select Troubleshoot to correct the microphone problems."

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  3. BrianGunter Win User

How come people don't like the Kinect as a chat feature? (not video chat)

You kinda answered your own question. It has worse sound quality and picks up too much background noise.
  4. newarknj360 Win User

Day one update - Add the blueray option

kinect one doesn't pick up background noises
  5. PeterTheWolf Win User

Xbox Microphone Sensitivity Adjustment

Same issue here and driving me nuts. I picked up a Karga with a noise canceling mic but it still pics up background way too much.

Im going to try a bit of foam on the mic but Im surprised I cant turn down the sensitivity at all. I tried it out on my PC and there are no issues at all...
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Headset problem on Xbox controllers

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend adjusting the mic monitoring. The more you move the bar to the left the less noise your mic picks up. Also, you could set the settings to have audio come through the headset only. This will eliminate a lot of
    background noise from the TV.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar picking up too much background noise? - Similar Threads - Game Bar picking

2. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  3. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  4. my mic is only being picked up by xbox game bar when the game bar menu is open

in XBoX Accessibility
    my mic is only being picked up by xbox game bar when the game bar menu is open: My microphone is only being heard and picked up when i have the game bar menu open and immediately stops working once i close leave the menu for it. does anyone know how i can fix this?...
  5. Game bar only picks up audio when looking at it

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar only picks up audio when looking at it: My microphone is connected however Game Bar only picks up audio when I have it open on screen. submitted by /u/Kingdaddysalmon [link] [comments]
  6. Anyone have a clue how to make game bar pick up my audio even when not overlayed so i can...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone have a clue how to make game bar pick up my audio even when not overlayed so i can...: It woluld let me talk to them before but now it wont let me speak without overlaying game bar submitted by /u/TigzCalamity [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox Game Bar clips not picking up my mic input when in discord calls

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar clips not picking up my mic input when in discord calls: In clips, my microphone is not being picked up, even though I have it set to pick up mic+game+system audio. It will pick up the audio from my games, and other people in my Discord calls, but not...
  8. Xbox game bar mic not picking up in party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar mic not picking up in party: So my mic shows it work on the audio slider etc but if i join a party my mic is auto muted i try to unmute and nothing i cant talk this randomly started yesterday i tried everything i cant get it...
  9. xbox game bar party chat wont pick up my voice but the audio widget does

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar party chat wont pick up my voice but the audio widget does: “so maybe someone can help, for about a month now i can not talk in game bar chat. it picks up my mic under the voice section for the mix widget, and discord works as well. ive done everything ive...
  10. Xbox game bar won't pick up microphone during recordings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar won't pick up microphone during recordings: I'm having troubles with xbox game bar's "record last 30 seconds" system, My microphone clearly works over discord and even in xbox parties over the app so I'm entirely lost on why it won't pick...