[Xbox Game Bar PC] - Notifications not working

Discus and support [Xbox Game Bar PC] - Notifications not working in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For almost a year now, my game bar is not showing me any notifications. Not about achievements, no party invites, no game invites, nothing. No sound... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Gytax, Jul 31, 2022.

1. /u/Gytax
    /u/Gytax Guest

For almost a year now, my game bar is not showing me any notifications. Not about achievements, no party invites, no game invites, nothing. No sound plays and I don't see the notification either.

I've reported this problem three times now in the Feedback app, but it's still the same story.

It's getting quite annoying when I'm trying to play games with my friends. Here's what I've tried so far:

• Resetting the Game Bar app and settings
    • Making sure Game Bar is allowed to show notifications
    • Making sure Focus Assist of off
    • Change settings for Fullscreen Optimization
    • Even a Windows 10 repair install
    • Went over all app defaults by protocol and set Xbox Game Bar where I could

I do notice that there 2 entries of Game Bar when I look through the 'Set defaults by app' list, unsure if that's related.

My Game Bar version is 5.822.7211.0

Does anyone have any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Gytax
    [link] [comments]

/u/Gytax, Jul 31, 2022
  2. Richard Vazquez1 Win User

I dont get party invites on my Xbox game bar - PC VERSION

Xbox companion app is discontinued, and the "Party Invitations" and "Games" notification settings are nonexistent in the Xbox PC app. Settings for invites and messages are all on the Game Bar app for PC.

You'll just have to make sure these settings are checked after reinstalling the game bar @ (Game Bar)Settings>Notifications>Xbox Social>Notify me when I'm invited to a party or multiplayer game
  3. Janet_C Win User

I need help with my notifications in Xbox app PC

Verify that you have the notifications active in the "Xbox console companion" app and in the "Game Bar".

Also check that they are active for these applications in the PC settings > System > Notifications.
  4. grooner Win User

Xbox App / Gamebar doesn't send notifications when unlocking an achievement.

5. GivemeDaLoot166 Win User

Xbox Companion App Party Invitations

You need to turn the notifications on in your PC itself. Just go to your PC settings to find where the notification settings are and turn it on. Make sure you get on your game settings in your pc and make sure game bar is on as well.
  6. XBF John Win User

How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?

Thank you for the clarifications, so it looks like the Game Bar is the only program that does not have a setting to silence or ignore those. I assume, even with the Epic Games store, FH5 is an Xbox game that requires Xbox authentication, so regardless of platform, the system will connect those achievements in regard to rewards all the same.

If that is the case with the Game Bar App I think most if not all other notifications appear in the Xbox App - that is achievements and party invites. I would recommend testing it personally, as I have seen these notifications in the App myself but want to make sure this works for you as well. I've sent an ask to a team about it to see if there is a way to single out these notifications, but overall, it may be easier, for now, to silence game bar notifications completely - not the Mobile or Xbox App on PC and see if the relevant notifications appear there, rather than the Game Bar.

When I have a solution or answer from the aforementioned team, I'll share what answer I can from them.

Thank you,

Thema:

1. [Xbox Game Bar PC] - Notifications not working - Similar Threads - Game Bar Notifications

2. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  3. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10 a3f69b53-9062-45ee-8366-4f28d149c019
  4. в xbox game bar сам по себе выключается микрофон (в настройках винды всё норм). Что делать?

in XboX Insiders
    в xbox game bar сам по себе выключается микрофон (в настройках винды всё норм). Что делать?: В настройках Windows всё нормально. Что делать? submitted by /u/KristGD [link] [comments]
  5. Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone: So I'm running Windows 11 and I use the game bar a lot because I have friends on Xbox but for some reason, I don't always get notifications for party or game invites. I occasionally receive them...
  6. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  7. The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...

in XboX Insiders
    The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...: Social widget displays a message reads "Install the Xbox app to get the latest widget updates" at the top of friends list, taking up a considerable amount of the already tight space. The situation...
  8. Notifications and invitations do not appear in the game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Notifications and invitations do not appear in the game bar: Notifications and invitations do not appear in the game bar. When I extend an invitation to a friend, he calmly accepts it and we can play in my saved game; however, when he extends an invitation...
  9. No longer getting Game Bar notifications

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer getting Game Bar notifications: Since recent updates to the Xbox and Game Bar apps I'm no longer getting notifications for rewards - such as Play on PC - or achievements - its really useful to know when these things have...
  10. Xbox game bar only records mic when notifications are on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar only records mic when notifications are on: I've tried to do everything I found on the web. I take the clips via windows alt g and it records all apps and everything, except my own mic. I can't figure out why. However, when I turn on...