xbox game bar party chat wont pick up my voice but the audio widget does

Discus and support xbox game bar party chat wont pick up my voice but the audio widget does in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; “so maybe someone can help, for about a month now i can not talk in game bar chat. it picks up my mic under the voice section for the mix widget, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by mattb8402, Jan 30, 2023.

1. mattb8402
    mattb8402 Guest

“so maybe someone can help, for about a month now i can not talk in game bar chat. it picks up my mic under the voice section for the mix widget, and discord works as well. ive done everything ive seen on google and nothing changes. my privacy settings are opened and all that. once again mic works fine in discord and game chat in games as well as games that have voip. so just wondering what gives. ive also tried numerous mics with no luck as well. my xbox series x party chat also works fine so i feel its not a privacy setting. also i am on windows 10, the one thing i did notice is my quest 2 had somehow set itself as default for the audio I/O before this all happened, so i promptly uninstalled those drivers and the whole thing from my system

Thanks!!!!!!!!

:)

mattb8402, Jan 30, 2023
  2. G.Tratnik Win User

Sea of thieves and xbox app voice chat won't pick up my microphone

no, i don't use the party chat, i'm in the game that has voice chat, but the microphone isn't bein picked up, so i can hear my crewmates, but they can't hear me and when i go to the xbox app>settings> audio, there is a gray bar right under where it says Voice volume and under that gray bar, you can set the volume, that gray bar looks like it should light up or show you if your microphone is being picked up but it always stays gray. When i go to the xbox game bar and launch a party, it looks like it picks it up there fine, but in the settings of the xbox app it does nothing, same for the game(sea of thieves) whenever i try to speak in the game nothing comes out on my side and the green message icon that shows if your voice is getting picked up doesn't appear at all meaning it's not picking up the microphone for some weird reason.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Cant hear game audio when in party on PC

Of course, mate.

Ok:

Open the Xbox Game Bar and join/initiate a party chat (don’t leave the party till the completion of the solution).

Now open the Xbox Game Bar Settings by clicking on the Gear icon and in the menu shown, click on Party Chat (in the left half of the window).

Then set your Audio Output to the headset and if it is already set to the headset change it to another device (if you only have one single device, then try to use a dummy device from applications like Virtual Audio Cable).

Repeat the same for Audio Input and then close the Settings Windows.

Then click on the Widget Menu and choose Audio.

Now make sure the output (in the Mix tab) and input (in the Voice tab) is set to your headset. And make sure the system sounds are on max.

Then repeat steps 2 to 4 but make sure your headset is set as audio output and input device.

Now close the Settings window and check if the party chat and the game's volume have started to work fine.

If not, then check if disabling Push to Talk in the Party Chat settings of the Game Bar solves the issue
  4. Rewards828 Win User

I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.

That's not really my issue. My friends can hear me while I have Game Bar up on screen. As soon as I exit and play my game, my friends can't hear me. I just figured out that if I pin the party chat widget on game bar so it stays there when I exit game bar, my friends will still be able to hear me. For now that's what I'll stick with, but I'd like to be able to remove the party chat widget from my screen.
  5. MarkOfYore Win User

Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings are correct on both Xbox And Gamebar apps.

There is a workaround: in Game Bar you can pin the party chat so that it stays active when the Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget. Hopefully they fix it properly soon.
  6. MarkOfYore Win User

Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings are correct on both Xbox And Gamebar apps.

There is a workaround: in Game Bar you can pin the party chat so that it stays active when the Game Bar overlay disappears. Click the pin icon on the party chat widget. Hopefully they fix it properly soon.
Thema:

1. xbox game bar party chat wont pick up my voice but the audio widget does - Similar Threads - game bar party

2. xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party: [img] I cant open group chats for fh5 in xbox game bar PC d7d5175a-8df0-4f3a-adde-1aea4ac5af2e
  3. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.: The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is...
  4. Xbox game bar party not working due to internet

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar party not working due to internet: I’ve recently had an issue with Xbox parties on PC and me not being able to connect I’ve narrowed the cause of the problem to be something with my wifi/router because I would join a party and then...
  5. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  6. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  7. My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...: It only started happening a week or two ago, but I used to be able to join parties on my game bar just fine. Now every time I try to join a party with my console friends I join to an entirely...
  8. No one can hear me in the Xbox party chat on PC unless I have the game bar pulled up, and I...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No one can hear me in the Xbox party chat on PC unless I have the game bar pulled up, and I...: Whenever I join an Xbox party on my PC, I can hear all of my friends, but they can't hear me unless I have the Xbox Overlay pulled up. I have made sure I am not connected to a VPN, restarted my...
  9. I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.: Hello. I'm trying to use Xbox party chat on windows. When I have game bar open, the party works fine, but as soon as I exit game bar no one is able to hear me but I can still hear them. This makes...
  10. Xbox game bar party audio doesnt work

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox game bar party audio doesnt work: xbox game bar party chat isnt working for me. i join a party I can hear them but they can only hear me when I have the game bar open, which is a problem because i cannot play a game with it...