Xbox game bar only records mic when notifications are on

Discus and support Xbox game bar only records mic when notifications are on in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried to do everything I found on the web. I take the clips via windows alt g and it records all apps and everything, except my own mic. I can't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by affansaqib, May 10, 2023.

1. affansaqib
    affansaqib Guest

I've tried to do everything I found on the web. I take the clips via windows alt g and it records all apps and everything, except my own mic. I can't figure out why. However, when I turn on notifications it records. Notifications are super annoying because any time I switch tabs it says it again and blocks part of the screen.

:)

affansaqib, May 10, 2023
  2. affansaqib Win User

Im using microphone for pc and game, enabled mic, apps, system
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi affansaqib,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. When did the problem start?
    2. Any recent activity or changes made before the problem appeared?
    3. What is the current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    4. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

For the meantime, try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support.

[​IMG]

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows + I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for Microphone.
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello affansaqib,

Thank you for your reply and appreciate for your patience.

We will investigate this further, and we will get back to you if we have updates already.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  5. affansaqib Win User

Yeah I tried all these and none worked
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hello affansaqib,

We appreciate for your patience.

Our technical team want information about this. Kindly see the questions below.

• What type of microphone are you using to record, Microphone for PC, Laptop or headphone?
    • What is the setting use on audio to record in Xbox Game Bar > is it Game + enabled mic, game, enabled mic, apps, system or disabled all audio recording.

[​IMG]

You may check/utilize troubleshooting steps on this article. How to troubleshoot sound problems in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar only records mic when notifications are on - Similar Threads - game bar records

2. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  3. Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution: Sometimes, when playing a game in full screen, I will use the Capture button on my Xbox controller or use Windows Key + G to open game bar and record a clip, but when I look at the clip...
  4. I can't record on my pc with the game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't record on my pc with the game bar: im on my pc and i'm trying to record a video but it says "recording isn't working "error:0x82323619" i dont realy know much about this xbox on my pc stuff 728fd6a4-39db-4808-9a17-1bdcefa44de0
  5. Game Bar not recording clips with MY voice

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar not recording clips with MY voice: I have the setting enabled to record voice, I have privacy permissions set to allow my mic to be detected. I have all microphone devices disabled except my actual microphone and have it selected...
  6. My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.: When I go to open Game bar with a game running and go to record what happened its always grayed out saying its "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File explorer". When I...
  7. Game Bar won't let me record any program but games

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar won't let me record any program but games: It won't let me post a screenshot, but I get that error message "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or file explorer", I'm not trying to record my desktop or anything, I'm...
  8. I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar: I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating the xbox game bar, what can I do? d9667d4d-593e-4fc1-9969-bf20e8d78b76
  9. Xbox Game Bar Recording Mouse Cursor Misaligned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Recording Mouse Cursor Misaligned: Hello, I have had this issue for quite a while with Xbox Game Bar I've tried multiple stuff such as changing my resolutions to try and fix it, reinstalling Game Bar itself and what not but I still...
  10. "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?: Every time I take 30 second clips with the "record what happened" option in the Xbox Game Bar, the microphone doesn't work and doesn't take it, causing the clip to not have my voice. When I record...