Xbox Game Bar only records Audio if Capture Settings is set to game-only, and not when...

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar only records Audio if Capture Settings is set to game-only, and not when... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am trying to record gameplay with my friends in discord included in my clips, because their reactions can be pretty funny and add to the value of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kristoffer, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Kristoffer
    Kristoffer Guest

Xbox Game Bar only records Audio if Capture Settings is set to game-only, and not when...

I am trying to record gameplay with my friends in discord included in my clips, because their reactions can be pretty funny and add to the value of the clip, but the only problem is when I use the "All" setting, nothing is recorded. No in-game audio, no spotify, not even discord. The only thing that picks up is my mic. But when I record game-only, my mic and my game audio are captured just fine. Anyone want to know why this is?

I think it also would be good to note that I use Bootcamp, aka no audio routing on a Macbook. If that's the reason for this issue, is there any way I can resolve the lack of internal audio routing?

:)

Kristoffer, Nov 5, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox Game Bar only records Audio if Capture Settings is set to game-only, and not when Settings are set to All.

Hello, how are you? My name is Matthew. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

I believe that the cause of the problem is its mention of Bootcamp, considering that it does not have audio routing, because when selecting the option to record all sounds, it was supposed to work that way. Anyway, I recommend you read the articles below, see if they can help you.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, I hope this can help you.
  3. brightdowned Win User

xbox game bar not picking up audio from microphone

I don't have any other microphones to test with unfortunately, I'm using the mic on my headset. Reinstalling the game bar made no difference either.

I checked through the capture settings and it only seems to mute me when the "audio to record" is set to "all" ( i.e game audio, microphone, all other apps ), but not when it's set to "game" ( game audio + mic ). But the issue with this setting is that I want my discord calls / party members to be heard in the clips and recordings too. So I'm very much at a loss :(
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Hi Mbathula,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks,

Brad
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox game bar does not record audio after tabbing out

Ok, my friend. You can try this, please:

Go to Settings in the Xbox Game Bar, Capturing, then “Audio to Record”. By default it is set as Game. You can change it to All as that includes Game audio, your microphone, apps, etc. This maybe can help to not stop recording when you alt + tab.

If it doesn't help too, please let me know.
  6. mbathula Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks Brad. I went to the Companion app and it redirects me to the Windows 10 settings that you outlined above. Based on this, looks like the microphone has to be connected to the PC to record my own voice. Is there a way I can request this as a feature?
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar only records Audio if Capture Settings is set to game-only, and not when... - Similar Threads - Game Bar records

2. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  3. My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?

in XBoX on Windows
    My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?: I’ve been using the xbox gaming bar for quite some time, but I can’t seem to find the place to change the video quality and when I record, my cursor always seems to be out of place. Like for...
  4. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  5. Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution: Sometimes, when playing a game in full screen, I will use the Capture button on my Xbox controller or use Windows Key + G to open game bar and record a clip, but when I look at the clip...
  6. I can't record on my pc with the game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't record on my pc with the game bar: im on my pc and i'm trying to record a video but it says "recording isn't working "error:0x82323619" i dont realy know much about this xbox on my pc stuff 728fd6a4-39db-4808-9a17-1bdcefa44de0
  7. Game Bar not recording clips with MY voice

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar not recording clips with MY voice: I have the setting enabled to record voice, I have privacy permissions set to allow my mic to be detected. I have all microphone devices disabled except my actual microphone and have it selected...
  8. My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.: When I go to open Game bar with a game running and go to record what happened its always grayed out saying its "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File explorer". When I...
  9. Game Bar won't let me record any program but games

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar won't let me record any program but games: It won't let me post a screenshot, but I get that error message "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or file explorer", I'm not trying to record my desktop or anything, I'm...
  10. I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar: I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating the xbox game bar, what can I do? d9667d4d-593e-4fc1-9969-bf20e8d78b76