xbox game bar now working :(

Discus and support xbox game bar now working :( in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] [img] recording preferences in settings is not showing and the recording is greyed out does anyone know how to fix this? it was working fine... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by panzr, Mar 23, 2023.

1. panzr
    panzr Guest

xbox game bar now working :( [​IMG]

xbox game bar now working :( [​IMG]

recording preferences in settings is not showing and the recording is greyed out does anyone know how to fix this? it was working fine until I turned it off for about a month and now it wont work.

:)

panzr, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, try to follow the procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

CHKDSK

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

The system will ask you if you want to run CHKDSK after restarting the system, press Y on your keyboard and then type "Exit" and restart the computer, it will scan in DOS mode.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Panzr, are you playing on Pc, what would be your operating system, Win 10 or 11?

Have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2?

See which version of Windows 10/11 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  4. panzr Win User

it doesn't say anything is wrong even after the restart
    [​IMG]
  5. panzr Win User

my computer is on win 11 and I checked everything but it looks fine
  6. juicyguyzer Win User

LFG Crashing when I try to post

Hi Team,

When I try to post on LFG using the XBox Game Bar, the game bar crashes.

But if I join other people's LFG, it works fine without crashing.

Help would be appreciated.
    Update: I reinstalled the Xbox Game Bar (using
    this article
    ) and now it works! Thanks for all the help!
Thema:

1. xbox game bar now working :( - Similar Threads - game bar working

2. Why is my Game Bar and my Xbox App not loading or working?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Game Bar and my Xbox App not loading or working?: It just started yesterday. So i turned on my PC and i load up the xbox app and for some reason, it doesn't work. So i try to do it with my Game Bar. Doesn't load either. So i went to my settings...
  3. Xbox game bar no longer works

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar no longer works: Within the last few days Xbox game bar no longer works properly. I can open it with Win "G"; however, it doesn't display my friends list or even have a sign in option anymore. it lets me use...
  4. Xbox game bar is not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar is not working.: when I attempt to join a party on my Xbox game bar, I am unable to talk and then after 30 seconds it tells me "Something went wrong please try again later", I have repaired the app, I have reset...
  5. Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes: As the title says, Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes. I'll be playing the same game (ie jedi survivor) and I'd say only 30% of the time does the fps counter actually show my fps. The...
  6. Xbox Game Bar and my issues for it not working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar and my issues for it not working: I've been having the issue with game since November 2023 and have been using the repair and reset feature in app settings on my pc. I've recently contacted support about it, but now my repair and...
  7. My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar: Hello, My friends list on Xbox series X was frozen. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps and now my friends list is simply empty. It states that I have 0 friends, but also does not...
  8. My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.: When I go to open Game bar with a game running and go to record what happened its always grayed out saying its "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File explorer". When I...
  9. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.: The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is...
  10. xbox app and game bar is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox app and game bar is not working: My xbox app wont open it will open for a minute or so then crash and my game isnt working either. I have restarted my pc multiple times updated windows and repaired and reinstalled both xbox app...