Xbox game bar notifies with notifications off.

Discus and support Xbox game bar notifies with notifications off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After installing purchasing and installing Grounded, Minecraft:Bedrock, and portal 2 I would get game store pop up notifications for free stuff click... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kevin Dunn1, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Kevin Dunn1
    Kevin Dunn1 Guest

After installing purchasing and installing Grounded, Minecraft:Bedrock, and portal 2 I would get game store pop up notifications for free stuff click here etc. I have all notifications off period. So these games hacked or broke your game bar and bypassed my absolute NO notifications or tracking. As long as I opened mine craft or Grounded, maybe even portal 2, I would get this xbox store pop up randomly interrupting whatever I was doing. When I turn off intrusive spam on my computer, which I expect no spam,0, none, and all pop up even if its important is a pop up. If I block them I want them OFF. I don't give permission for all things blocked to by bypassed by partner softwars.

So now I had to input a script I found online to uninstall the xbox gamebar. Well I don't get pop ups anymore but this is a function that windows doesn't allow so I don't think my screen is working correct now and games warn me software is missing on launch. When I click on desktop icons after a rest they are unclickable for a moment then the load in usable as normal.

How do I use windows and block all cell phone style networked intrusion from partners of MS or what's imbedded into Windows?I want my privacy, private searches, I don't wans AI assistance, AI tracking, or AI data collection to personalize. I want my PC back and privacy please.

So how do I uninstall xbox game bar properly so it doesn't break things. Like sound drivers, search engines etc you all want your version on my PC. They all break each other and use resources I don't want to give. I don't want a capture device holding my hostage on my computer please.

:)

Kevin Dunn1, Feb 4, 2023
  2. Richard Vazquez1 Win User

I dont get party invites on my Xbox game bar - PC VERSION

Xbox companion app is discontinued, and the "Party Invitations" and "Games" notification settings are nonexistent in the Xbox PC app. Settings for invites and messages are all on the Game Bar app for PC.

You'll just have to make sure these settings are checked after reinstalling the game bar @ (Game Bar)Settings>Notifications>Xbox Social>Notify me when I'm invited to a party or multiplayer game
  3. JohnMcL7 Win User

How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?

Hello,

You should be able to disable notification in the Xbox app.

• Choose your Profile picture in the app.
    • Choose Settings
    • Choose Notifications
    You can uncheck the notifications you don't want

In Game Bar if you choose the cog wheel (for settings) in general just uncheck the "Show me Tips" and it should stop the notifications.

Best Regards,

XBF John
    I can't find these notifications in either location.

If I go into Xbox app, profile, settings, notifications I get the following choices:

Notify me when changes are made to the Game Pass catalogue

Notify me when I receive a message

Notify me when someone adds me as a friend

That's it, nothing about these game point notifications

If I open the game bar, settings, general there's no "Show me Tips" option, there is a 'Show tips when I start a game' but that one was already unticked and I'm still getting these game point notifications. I've checked the notifications section as well but there's nothing I can see which would relate to these game points notifications. There is a separate section Android app but I've been through the Xbox and Windows notifications but can't see a specific option to get rid of these super spammy notifications.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

We have free stuff pop up and chime - Microsoft Solitaire

it is the gamebar stating you have points for playing an xbox game etc, open game bar by pressing windows key and G

then click the gear icon near the top and select notifications and tick silence notifications, then further down untick notify me when i earn rewards.
  5. Balistic Chick Win User

Not receiving Xbox app and xbox beta app notifications

Not sure if this would be an issue but are your game bar notifications disabled? Personally i have my system notifications off but game bar notifs still come through with my party invites and such, i would check that out.
  6. StormBlackwell Win User

How to disable points notification in xbox game bar

So, I came to this with the same question, and I found an option that says "Notify me when I earn Reward points". I expect that would be a better choice than “Notify me when I unlock achievements”. I'm going to try that out and see if it works for me.

“Windows + G” to be able to open the Xbox Game Bar and then click on the “Gear” icon in the top menu.
    in the new open window then access the “Notifications” tab on the left menu.
    Once this is done, uncheck the option "Notify me when I earn Reward points" and click “X” to close the window.

Hopefully this will disable the annoying (and specific) Reward point notifications without disabling notifications for achievements.
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar notifies with notifications off. - Similar Threads - game bar notifies

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  6. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  7. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  8. Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available."

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available.": Game Bar doesn't recognise Sea of Thieves Steam version, which means it won't allow me to record game clips using Game Bar. It shows me this box And when I tick that box, it immediately unticks...
  9. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  10. My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?

in XBoX on Windows
    My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?: I’ve been using the xbox gaming bar for quite some time, but I can’t seem to find the place to change the video quality and when I record, my cursor always seems to be out of place. Like for...