Xbox game bar notifications not popping up while gaming

Discus and support Xbox game bar notifications not popping up while gaming in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As mentioned in title I don't receive any pop up notifications while gaming (achievements - invites). I tried every possible solution and finally... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ali Bakr, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Ali Bakr
    Ali Bakr Guest

As mentioned in title I don't receive any pop up notifications while gaming (achievements - invites).

I tried every possible solution and finally reseted my pc. But still no luck..

:)

Ali Bakr, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Reese6695 Win User

Cant open Xbox game bar

Hey have not responded to this and due to person reasons, I decided to come back I booted up my computer and I saw a Xbox game bar notification and I did windows key + G and game bar pops up, I dont know how it happened, it just did.

Thank you for your help.
  3. YoungFam Win User

Achievements issue while in HDR

This has been happening to me since I tried using game bar. It seems the game bar layer or pop up or whatever is just not HDR. If any piece of the game bar is open or pinned or pop notifications it causes my game screen to go out of HDR mode. I actually
    like the game bar, would use all the time if just this would be corrected. & please add GPU temps & fix/turn on mixer broadcasting...
  4. TangentialShark Win User

Family Suggestion (FAMILY LIST)

There are already options available that block notifications from popping up on the screen while playing games or watching videos. They are located on the preference tab on the Xbox guide menu.
  5. David 42 Win User

Console Companion messages from friends keep repeating over and over again in Notifications

It supports messages. It supports person-to-person messages, one-on-one chat. What it doesn't support is Group Messaging, which is what the Game Bar is for. The problem isn't with the Console Companion or Game Bar, it's with how the messages are being sent
    through the Notifications app (in the lower right hand corner of any PC) and how message notifications are endlessly repeating, both in the Notifications window, and the pop-ups that slide in from the right side of the screen.
  6. JohnMcL7 Win User

How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?

As irritating as the notifications are it's not practical to turn off all notifications because I do use them regularly for party invites and similar, the only notifications I have enabled are ones I want to receive but unfortunately the game point ones aren't separate.

I've not tested extensively but the notifications seem to pop up far more often when I'm playing Forza Horizon 5 with up to eight of them in one evening while playing FH5. Tonight I was playing a game from the Epic Games Store for around an hour with no notifications but within five minutes of playing FH5 I received a game point notification although that was the only one tonight in a couple of hours.

The game point notifications appear to be generated by the game bar, it pops up on the same side of the screen the same format as an Xbox Party Invite and when opening the game bar the notification can be seen there as well as you can see here:

[​IMG]

I checked the Xbox PC app and it only had a notification about Halo Infinite.

The notifications were appearing on the mobile app the same time as the desktop PC so the night I got eight on the PC there was another eight on the mobile as well which is what prompted me to look for solutions. However the mobile app has a specific notification setting for rewards point notifications and since turning it off, I've received none of these notifications on my phone although it hasn't stopped the PC notifications.
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar notifications not popping up while gaming - Similar Threads - game bar notifications

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone: So I'm running Windows 11 and I use the game bar a lot because I have friends on Xbox but for some reason, I don't always get notifications for party or game invites. I occasionally receive them...
  6. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  7. The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...

in XboX Insiders
    The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...: Social widget displays a message reads "Install the Xbox app to get the latest widget updates" at the top of friends list, taking up a considerable amount of the already tight space. The situation...
  8. Notifications and invitations do not appear in the game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Notifications and invitations do not appear in the game bar: Notifications and invitations do not appear in the game bar. When I extend an invitation to a friend, he calmly accepts it and we can play in my saved game; however, when he extends an invitation...
  9. No longer getting Game Bar notifications

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer getting Game Bar notifications: Since recent updates to the Xbox and Game Bar apps I'm no longer getting notifications for rewards - such as Play on PC - or achievements - its really useful to know when these things have...
  10. Xbox game bar only records mic when notifications are on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar only records mic when notifications are on: I've tried to do everything I found on the web. I take the clips via windows alt g and it records all apps and everything, except my own mic. I can't figure out why. However, when I turn on...