xbox game bar not picking up audio from microphone

Discus and support xbox game bar not picking up audio from microphone in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Lately I have been having an issue with my xbox game bar where in recordings and clips, my microphone is not being picked up. It will pick up the audio... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by brightdowned, Jul 23, 2022.

1. brightdowned
    brightdowned Guest

Lately I have been having an issue with my xbox game bar where in recordings and clips, my microphone is not being picked up. It will pick up the audio from my games, and my discord calls, but not my own microphone input. I have my microphone on by default in the settings, so I am not sure why it is automatically muting itself when I start a recording or when I take a clip. As far as I am aware, everything is enabled and there is nothing in my privacy settings to block the use of my mic. Please help

:)

brightdowned, Jul 23, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Maybe discord is causing some troubles with these settings

Could you try closing everything and try recording a clip just for your game with the microphone enabled?
    (Don't forget to check the minimized icons in the Taskbar, sometimes when you "close" a program it goes to the tray)
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Are you able to use a different microphone just to test buddy?

Let's try reinstalling the game bar to see how it goes:

Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Now head over to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar and see if you're able to install it now
  4. brightdowned Win User

I don't have any other microphones to test with unfortunately, I'm using the mic on my headset. Reinstalling the game bar made no difference either.

I checked through the capture settings and it only seems to mute me when the "audio to record" is set to "all" ( i.e game audio, microphone, all other apps ), but not when it's set to "game" ( game audio + mic ). But the issue with this setting is that I want my discord calls / party members to be heard in the clips and recordings too. So I'm very much at a loss :(
  5. brightdowned Win User

Hi! Thank you for your response.

My PC runs windows 10. All of my settings are as advised, but the issue is still occurring.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this mate

I'd this happening on Windows 10 or 11?

In the meantime try this:

Open Xbox Game Bar > Go to Audio widget > Select the Voice
    Change Windows default input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Change Default communications input and output to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Scroll down to More Settings > Xbox Party Chat
    Change Audio output and input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled

Finally open the Xbox app

Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    Select Settings > Audio
    Set your default Input device and output device to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Verify that push to talk is not enabled again

Please also double check if you have audio enhancements enabled, if yes disable it.

You can follow this quick tutorial:

https://www.intowindows.com/turn-on-or-off-audi...

Let me know how it goes, I'll be waiting for your reply
    Greetings from another Microsoft user

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

1. xbox game bar not picking up audio from microphone - Similar Threads - game bar picking

2. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  3. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  4. my mic is only being picked up by xbox game bar when the game bar menu is open

in XBoX Accessibility
    my mic is only being picked up by xbox game bar when the game bar menu is open: My microphone is only being heard and picked up when i have the game bar menu open and immediately stops working once i close leave the menu for it. does anyone know how i can fix this?...
  5. Game bar only picks up audio when looking at it

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar only picks up audio when looking at it: My microphone is connected however Game Bar only picks up audio when I have it open on screen. submitted by /u/Kingdaddysalmon [link] [comments]
  6. Anyone have a clue how to make game bar pick up my audio even when not overlayed so i can...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone have a clue how to make game bar pick up my audio even when not overlayed so i can...: It woluld let me talk to them before but now it wont let me speak without overlaying game bar submitted by /u/TigzCalamity [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox Game Bar clips not picking up my mic input when in discord calls

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar clips not picking up my mic input when in discord calls: In clips, my microphone is not being picked up, even though I have it set to pick up mic+game+system audio. It will pick up the audio from my games, and other people in my Discord calls, but not...
  8. Xbox game bar mic not picking up in party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar mic not picking up in party: So my mic shows it work on the audio slider etc but if i join a party my mic is auto muted i try to unmute and nothing i cant talk this randomly started yesterday i tried everything i cant get it...
  9. xbox game bar party chat wont pick up my voice but the audio widget does

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar party chat wont pick up my voice but the audio widget does: “so maybe someone can help, for about a month now i can not talk in game bar chat. it picks up my mic under the voice section for the mix widget, and discord works as well. ive done everything ive...
  10. Xbox game bar won't pick up microphone during recordings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar won't pick up microphone during recordings: I'm having troubles with xbox game bar's "record last 30 seconds" system, My microphone clearly works over discord and even in xbox parties over the app so I'm entirely lost on why it won't pick...