Xbox Game Bar not detecting my microphone

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar not detecting my microphone in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Right so the game bar can pick up the built-in microphone in my laptop, but cannot do the same with the microphone in my headset it is not a hardware... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LodgedFollower2, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Xbox Game Bar not detecting my microphone

Right so the game bar can pick up the built-in microphone in my laptop, but cannot do the same with the microphone in my headset

it is not a hardware problem as the windows 'test mic' works with it, just wondering if you could help?

thanks

:)

LodgedFollower2, Mar 23, 2020
  2. BrianDrake3 Win User

My microphone shows I'm talking in settings but doesn't let me talk in game or on the Xbox game bar

If I go in the Xbox game bar the microphone settings detect my mic and the bar goes up but when I'm in a game or party nobody can hear me
  3. Jewie Hotdog Win User

what microphone are you using?
  4. x EeMBe x Win User

Try looking in the app or windows. settings to change your "default" microphone from your built-in one to your other one.
  5. BenBlethyn Win User

Xbox Party via Xbox Game Bar on PC, party voice chat mic detection issue

Hi Christopher,

Unfortunately the PC is detecting the mic and the input it is just the 'xbox game bar' app that is not detecting the microphone rather than the PC, as other apps and windows itself that is recieving the microphone input. Sadly none of the guidance here or elsewhere on the web has helped yet and I'm still stuck for a solution,

Best regards,

Ben
  6. MenopausalManbaby Win User

Xbox Game Bar not detecting Microphone

I'm very late to this I've just been avoiding the issue. I already tried turning on and also on and off the allow microphone but nothing worked. This issue is only with my laptop. The microphones I have work on every other app and program and work perfectly fine on game bar on other devices. For some reason it refuses to work with this laptop. It still appears with the same error message. It's a very bizarre issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar not detecting my microphone - Similar Threads - Game Bar detecting

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  6. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  7. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...: I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming*** 4f701d94-9ad2-44c2-97c9-13558d53c064
  8. Xbox Game bar not detecting my mic when I dont have it open?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game bar not detecting my mic when I dont have it open?: When im in a party and i have the game bar open using Windows+G it work's fine but once I press it again to close the gamebar and do something else i can still hear the people in the party but...
  9. Xbox game bar won't detect own mic

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar won't detect own mic: I'm currently using Xbox game car for captures on my windows 11 pc, but when I record an instant replay it only records the background sounds like the game I'm playing or discord audio but not my...
  10. My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with...: I've been having this problem for the past few days were I join a party and it says no microphone under my name and I can't speak in party chat. I do use voicemod but I don't see how that could be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the selected microphone could not be found