Xbox Game Bar microphone goes out distorted

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar microphone goes out distorted in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since the most recent update that included Discord audio, my audio transmission through the Xbox Game Bar on PC has been entirely garbled. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thebigschnoz, Oct 5, 2022.

1. thebigschnoz
    thebigschnoz Guest

Since the most recent update that included Discord audio, my audio transmission through the Xbox Game Bar on PC has been entirely garbled. I have verified my microphone is "formatted" and this issue is entirely new since the most recent update, and was working fine for multiple years beforehand. I've also tested closing out the Discord app. The audio that I hear also sometimes sounds a little garbled, but not nearly as severe as the outgoing.

If I were to guess, this sounds like a network issue, but I don't know where to start.

:)

thebigschnoz, Oct 5, 2022
  2. thebigschnoz Win User

unfortunately I had already tried this and it didn't work. Thank you though.
  3. Abdyramen. Win User

Hi, I'm also having the same exact issue with the new update.

Have you found a solution? It distorts my virtual mic
  4. kawaiiCaveman Win User

Had this exact issue for 2 weeks now. Uninstalled windows updates, checked formatting, “repaired” the app, etc. My mic itself is perfectly fine and I’ve tested it with no distortion in other programs. But everytime I join my friends in voicechat on the Game Bar they can’t understand me at all and according to them it sounds like I’m a robot speaking another language. Would love a hotfix.
  5. thebigschnoz Win User

Distorted without a doubt.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

When you say garbled? Are we talking interference, voice distortion?
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar microphone goes out distorted - Similar Threads - Game Bar microphone

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  6. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  7. "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?: Every time I take 30 second clips with the "record what happened" option in the Xbox Game Bar, the microphone doesn't work and doesn't take it, causing the clip to not have my voice. When I record...
  8. Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again: Hello, Whenever I want to use the Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds of my games, the microphone icon appears unmuted, but actually is muted. I have to press mute and unmute to make it work...
  9. Xbox Game Bar & App Microphone Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar & App Microphone Issues: I have been experiencing an issue in which my mic isn’t picked up my Xbox game bar or xbox app unless I actively have the app or game bar open. Once I close either, my mic is not picked up but I...
  10. Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay: I was trying to record my gameplay on a steam game with my Blue Yeti, but found after I recorded there was an audio delay. I tried just about everything, from updating my canary insider to the...