XBOX Game Bar mic keeps turning itself off

Discus and support XBOX Game Bar mic keeps turning itself off in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I like to record the last 30 seconds of gameplay a lot, and when i do this i want to have both my and my friends voices (whether discord skype etc,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TaukeTempe, Feb 16, 2022.

1. TaukeTempe
    TaukeTempe Guest

I like to record the last 30 seconds of gameplay a lot, and when i do this i want to have both my and my friends voices (whether discord skype etc, essentially all system sounds) recorded as well. However, whenever i go to check my captures my voice is the only one that doesnt get recorded because the application automatically turns off the microphone with no input from me whatsoever.

I have gone to my windows capture settings and checked the "Turn on mic by default when i record" option but that just unchecks itself after a while.

I have manually unmuted my microphone but after a while that also turns itself back off

This issue is infuriating as i just cant capture replays with my voice being heard, and no other similar questions about this have been resolved yet. PLEASE HELP!

p/s : this is just a repost of xJDoN's post here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...elf-off/dd0b6ab4-ce28-41aa-8dc9-9b96dd434d0a. I have the same problem as him

:)

TaukeTempe, Feb 16, 2022
  2. xJDoN Win User

Hi ,

Apart from gamebar does your PC/Laptop have any other capture software installed? I know Nvidia has something similar and also Ausus and even Razer now has something, I am wondering if it is one of these that may be an issue?
    Actually yes, i have Nvidia which also offers screen recording. Do the two clash and should i be disabling the Nvidia screen recording functionality?
  3. Smuroh Win User

Hi XjDoN,

Apart from gamebar does your PC/Laptop have any other capture software installed? I know Nvidia has something similar and also Ausus and even Razer now has something, I am wondering if it is one of these that may be an issue?
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi TaukeTempe,

We hope you are doing fine.

We would like to follow up regarding your concern as we still have not received any response from you since our last follow up message. Please feel free to create a new thread if you have different and new concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Should you need real time interaction for your concern? You may reach out to Support - Contact Us | Xbox Support.

Kind regards,

5. v Feelin Win User

Try unplugging and replugging your mic.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hi TaukeTempe,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to record your game however the recording did not include your voice. Based on the reposted thread the microphone is at fault. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

1. May we ask if you are using a laptop or PC (customized or not) and is this Windows 10 or 11?
    2. May we ask for the headset/microphone you are using during playtime?
    3. Is this issue happening if you are using different headset/microphone?
    4. Is there no issues using Voice Recorder app in PC during playtime? Or is it cutting in and out too?
    5. Do you have any devices or walls/mirrors that might cause interference around your PC?
    6. When did this issue happen? Was there a recent Windows update or new application installed on your device?
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. XBOX Game Bar mic keeps turning itself off - Similar Threads - Game Bar mic

2. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  3. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  4. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  5. My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working: My mic is not working on the windows 11 xbox game bar. bcc6a97b-a014-4c01-8f27-c1cf3bf27147
  6. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  7. Game Bar mutes my Mic when I click to the game I'm playing.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar mutes my Mic when I click to the game I'm playing.: On my PC, recently, when I am in Party Chat it mutes my mic when I switch to play the game I'm playing. For example, I will be playing Warzone 3 and the only time my party can hear me is when I...
  8. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460
  9. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...: ive tried everything i can please help Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). I've...
  10. Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active: As far as I can tell, starting a week ago when a new update dropped I am unable to have the Xbox Game Bar register any mic input when the overlay is not active. If the overlay is open or the party...