Xbox Game Bar mic DOESN'T WORK in Party Chat

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar mic DOESN'T WORK in Party Chat in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This seems like a new bug in Windows 11. When I look at Xbox Game Bar audio settings, the correct input is selected. When I test the mic, the audio... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/pairoo, Feb 16, 2023.

1. /u/pairoo
    /u/pairoo Guest

This seems like a new bug in Windows 11. When I look at Xbox Game Bar audio settings, the correct input is selected. When I test the mic, the audio settings displays feedback that it's picking up on audio. So I know that Windows is giving privacy permission to the Xbox Game Bar app.

However when I join a party, the mic is default muted and if I unmute it does not work. Then if I go into party audio settings, tried changing input audio devices around, toggling push to talk, toggling noise suppression, etc - nothing fixes the problem. I can hear the party but it never picks up on my mic, even though the audio settings can detect voice.

Fix your s*** Microsoft. Xbox Game Bar version: 5.823.1271.0

Same issue as reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinside...ox_game_bar_detects_my_mic_but_my_mic_doesnt/

submitted by /u/pairoo
    [link] [comments]

/u/pairoo, Feb 16, 2023
  2. Grubbee Win User

Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

Thats what I'm doing.. the only thing I am doing different from playing keyboard/mouse is the controller itself. but when i plug it in every setting on the pc changes to controller mic. Even though the controller has no mic. So I go back through all the
    pc settings and xbox companion settings and change it back but the xbox game bar will not let me use the usb mic anymore. I have to unplug the controller and reset the pc to be able to use my mic again. when I start a party in the companion app it says my
    mic is working , but if i am in a party on that app for some reason I'm not in a party on the game bar... so if i start a party on the game bar the mic still doesn't work..
  3. MLange73 Win User

The Division no Mic in game play

Hi @MarineA112!

Is it just the Division that your mic doesn't work in? Does it work in other games or in Party chat?
  4. MarkOfYore Win User

PC xbox app: game bar audio bug

I have the same issue. The workaround I'm using is to "pin" the Party Chat Game Bar widget. This way, the party chat stays visible when the rest of the Game Bar overlay disappears, and it keeps your mic active.
  5. CattyMeowy4Community Win User

Xbox Companion Streaming Microphone Not Working

I'm pretty sure that the Xbox Console Companion app is now outdated. You should probably use the new Xbox app.

Is your issue related to using your mic in the actual app or your mic using Game Bar?

Game Bar party chat is much better than the app's built-in party chat and will most definitely pick up your mic.

(You can activate Game Bar by pressing Win + G)

You can also change your default mic in the Settings in the Sound tab.
  6. Pokepunch Win User

Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?

That generic support doesn't really apply here. The problem is with a PC microphone, not an Xbox One microphone. The Xbox App on PC detects the mic and it works if I start a party via the app, but it doesn't work in any capacity on the Xbox One for parties
    or game chat.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar mic DOESN'T WORK in Party Chat - Similar Threads - Game Bar mic

2. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  3. My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working: My mic is not working on the windows 11 xbox game bar. bcc6a97b-a014-4c01-8f27-c1cf3bf27147
  4. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  5. Game Bar mutes my Mic when I click to the game I'm playing.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar mutes my Mic when I click to the game I'm playing.: On my PC, recently, when I am in Party Chat it mutes my mic when I switch to play the game I'm playing. For example, I will be playing Warzone 3 and the only time my party can hear me is when I...
  6. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460
  7. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...: ive tried everything i can please help Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). I've...
  8. Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active: As far as I can tell, starting a week ago when a new update dropped I am unable to have the Xbox Game Bar register any mic input when the overlay is not active. If the overlay is open or the party...
  9. Xbox party chat on PC mutes my mic everytime I minimize the game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox party chat on PC mutes my mic everytime I minimize the game bar: I am on windows 11. I am using an Arctis Nova Pro headset and I am connected to Xbox and PC. I switch the USB input when I want to use the headset on PC. It works fine. I want to talk to my...
  10. my mic is only being picked up by xbox game bar when the game bar menu is open

in XBoX Accessibility
    my mic is only being picked up by xbox game bar when the game bar menu is open: My microphone is only being heard and picked up when i have the game bar menu open and immediately stops working once i close leave the menu for it. does anyone know how i can fix this?...