xbox game bar mic cutting in and out bug

Discus and support xbox game bar mic cutting in and out bug in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; on xbox game bar my mic is always cutting in and out and makes it seem like i'm speaking through a fan anyone know how to fix it? submitted by... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/shadowalfxz, Mar 30, 2023.

1. xbox game bar mic cutting in and out bug

on xbox game bar my mic is always cutting in and out and makes it seem like i'm speaking through a fan anyone know how to fix it?

submitted by /u/shadowalfxz
    [link] [comments]

/u/shadowalfxz, Mar 30, 2023
  2. xMrsSwainx Win User

New mic cuts in and out while in party but sounds clear in voice messaging

My controller has full bars when I look at the battery life. :( it's not the headset cuz I tried using a standard Xbox headset and it still was cutting out. I can hear everyone else. My friends say my mic is still cutting in and out. When I send voice messages
    my voice is clear and the mic doesn't cut in and out. This is really frustrating!!
  3. MarvinaPerez Win User

Mic cutting out

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

Check the Xbox status page. If there are any services with alerts, expand that service, scroll down to Notifications, and sign in to receive a message when the service is back up and running.
    Xbox status
    On the taskbar, press and hold the volume icon.

Note you can also right click on the volume icon.
    Select Fix sound problems and follow the instructions.

When things don't work as expected, sometimes restarting your device can fix the problem. Press the Home button , select On/Off, and choose Restart.
    This is not always the most convenient solution, but sometimes it is the simplest. Make sure all ports are firmly connected when reconnecting devices.

Make sure Windows has permission to use your audio device by going to your privacy settings. For example, to check your microphone privacy settings:
    Press the Home button , type settings, and select Settings.
    Choose Privacy, and under App Permissions, select Microphone.

Make sure Game Bar is activated.
    Xbox Game Bar highlighted in the microphone app permissions list.

Note To use many Xbox features in Game Bar, including party chat, you must have the Xbox app for Windows installed and signed in.
    Get the Xbox app for Windows
    Run a virus scan using Windows Security or software you have installed.

Once all viruses and threats have been removed, restart your computer.
    Temporarily disable your security software and try to start or join a group again.

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/frien...re-socialize/troubleshoot-party-audio-windows

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  4. Geri M. Win User

Mic cut-out

Hi LShipperley,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

Mic cut-out

Hi LShipperley,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, you are having an issue with your microphone while playing on Xbox One S. You are experiencing cutting in and out while you are playing games. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

1. When did the problem start?
    2. Is it happening on all games that you are playing?
    3. What Xbox app and Gaming services version? Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    4. What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    5. Was this working smoothly before?
    6. Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

Kindly check troubleshooting steps on this link. Troubleshoot the Xbox One Chat Headset | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Mic cutting in and out

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jarrod
    We can try some troubleshooting steps from your side to isolate the issue a bit more.

Are you able to use a completely different headset to test how it goes?
    Or if you can, use a different Xbox controller and test with the current headset
    Also, please tell me which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this?
    In that way I can advise you different things
Thema:

xbox game bar mic cutting in and out bug

1. xbox game bar mic cutting in and out bug - Similar Threads - game bar mic

2. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  3. My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working: My mic is not working on the windows 11 xbox game bar. bcc6a97b-a014-4c01-8f27-c1cf3bf27147
  4. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  5. Game Bar mutes my Mic when I click to the game I'm playing.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar mutes my Mic when I click to the game I'm playing.: On my PC, recently, when I am in Party Chat it mutes my mic when I switch to play the game I'm playing. For example, I will be playing Warzone 3 and the only time my party can hear me is when I...
  6. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460
  7. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...: ive tried everything i can please help Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). I've...
  8. Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active: As far as I can tell, starting a week ago when a new update dropped I am unable to have the Xbox Game Bar register any mic input when the overlay is not active. If the overlay is open or the party...
  9. Xbox party chat on PC mutes my mic everytime I minimize the game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox party chat on PC mutes my mic everytime I minimize the game bar: I am on windows 11. I am using an Arctis Nova Pro headset and I am connected to Xbox and PC. I switch the USB input when I want to use the headset on PC. It works fine. I want to talk to my...
  10. my mic is only being picked up by xbox game bar when the game bar menu is open

in XBoX Accessibility
    my mic is only being picked up by xbox game bar when the game bar menu is open: My microphone is only being heard and picked up when i have the game bar menu open and immediately stops working once i close leave the menu for it. does anyone know how i can fix this?...