Xbox game bar keeps crashing, problem appears to be with displaying clips library.

Discus and support Xbox game bar keeps crashing, problem appears to be with displaying clips library. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've had a problem with the game bar for about a week now. I bring it up and then it takes about 10 seconds to load clips until it closes itself having... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by No1_4Now, Jun 30, 2022.

1. No1_4Now
    No1_4Now Guest

Xbox game bar keeps crashing, problem appears to be with displaying clips library.

I've had a problem with the game bar for about a week now. I bring it up and then it takes about 10 seconds to load clips until it closes itself having achieved nothing. During that time I can't close the app nor can I interact with anything. Sometimes I can immediately try again, sometimes it refuses to open. I can still capture clips and can view them through file explorer but not through the game bar. I tried the repair button tens of ties to no avail, I reset the app and that fixed the issue until I opened the saved clips section when it loaded for about 10 seconds and then immediately crashed. Now I can't get it to open again by pressing Win+G. I can probably reset it again but that's not helpful.

Windows specs in case they're needed:

Edition Windows 11 Pro

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎07/‎10/‎2021

OS build 22000.708

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.708.0

:)

No1_4Now, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi No1_4Now! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please, check if you have many clips already on the save location, if you do, you can try backup the older ones on a different location, this could be the cause of the crash

After that try resetting the Game bar again, but use first the repair option, then reset
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

upload a capture from game bar to the pc xbox app

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Sonic

Do you mean upload your capture to Xbox Live?

If yes, you should be able to do it following these steps:

1. Navigate to Game DVR using the app's sidebar. By default, your most recently recorded clips will be displayed at the top of the list.
    2. Select a clip from the list. A preview for the clip will appear on the right-hand side, alongside the options to trim and rename the clip before it's uploaded.
    3. When the clip is ready to be uploaded, click the Upload button below the preview.
    4. A menu will open asking for the name of the game featured in the clip. If the game is supported, it will appear under PC Games when entered into the search bar. If the game appears, click the game to select it.
    5. A final confirmation step will appear, to ensure the upload matches the title you've selected. Microsoft claims that game clips will be reviewed before appearing on Xbox Live, so a small delay can be expected during the review process.

To double check if your clip was successfully uploaded, check the Xbox Console Companion app, there you'll be able to watch Uploaded clips
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Xbox Game Bar Recording

Okay! Open the Start menu, and select Settings > Gaming and make sure Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Xbox Game Bar is On. If Xbox Game Bar doesn't appear for a full-screen game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the Windows logo key + Alt + R to start recording a clip, then press it again to stop.
  5. ​Jamie​ Win User

Sign in On Xbox Companion and Xbox Game Bar Doesn't Work

Open the Start menu, and select Settings > Gaming and make sure Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Xbox Game Bar is On. If Xbox Game Bar doesn't appear for a full-screen game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the Windows logo key + Alt + R to start recording a clip, then press it again to stop. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes!
  6. Tiziano Hosse Win User

Problems with displaying games in the library

Indeed, a stranger game for pc, but for some reason in the x box store...
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar keeps crashing, problem appears to be with displaying clips library. - Similar Threads - game bar keeps

2. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  3. PC Xbox Game Bar Broken - Keeps Crashing

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox Game Bar Broken - Keeps Crashing: Does anyone else having problems with the xbox game bar crashing since the last update (after the infinite update available bug). I can't join any parties as it would just crash with "something...
  4. My friend is using Xbox game bar and he keeps cutting out.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend is using Xbox game bar and he keeps cutting out.: I’ve only just started having this issue and it’s happening as I type this, he can hear me but I cannot hear him, I can only hear him for about 2 seconds then it’s like 30 seconds of silence even...
  5. Xbox game bar keeps crashing since latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar keeps crashing since latest update: Everytime i try to open xbox game bar on pc it inmediatly closes itself for no reason have tried to reset the app but that didn't fix the issue for me anybody know a solution to fix it submitted...
  6. Does anyone know why my xbox game bar keeps turning itself off?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my xbox game bar keeps turning itself off?: I will go into my settings and turn it on, then when i come out of my settings and go back in; the game bar has turned itself off? fe33ff60-1ebf-4d03-ae60-bb9afb6f4b2d
  7. Game Bar keeps muting my mic whenever i alt tab

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar keeps muting my mic whenever i alt tab: So, I decided to give the clipping feature a go a while ago, and since then, every time I go into a game and try to clip/record something, it records without capturing my mic unless i start a...
  8. Why Does My Xbox Game Bar Keep Closing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Does My Xbox Game Bar Keep Closing?: I've seen other questions out like this, but I have narrowed it down to why it's happening. My game bar works just fine until I start to load the chat tab in the social widget or when I open a...
  9. i keep getting Error 0x80072EFE when trying to login to xbox game bar on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting Error 0x80072EFE when trying to login to xbox game bar on Windows 10: I cannot login to the Xbox game bar on PC AT ALL. I own the game pass so this is very frustrating. I use it to talk to my friends on Xbox party chat and recently I have not been able to do that....
  10. I keep leaving xbox party on PC game bar.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep leaving xbox party on PC game bar.: This is getting ever more so annoying. ## Bug I keep joining my friends party and after about 5-10 seconds I stop hearing them and it says I've left on their screens and they can't hear me. ##...