Xbox Game Bar "Invite to game" greyed out

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar "Invite to game" greyed out in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I am trying to figure this one out. I am playing Destiny 2 with my Xbox friends (I am on Steam using Xbox Game Bar) and I cannot send invites aside... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by DS1996, Jan 29, 2023.

1. DS1996
    DS1996 Guest

I am trying to figure this one out. I am playing Destiny 2 with my Xbox friends (I am on Steam using Xbox Game Bar) and I cannot send invites aside from in-game. They can invite me but it always tries to open Minecraft for whatever reason. My Nat type is open, as is theirs. Nobody is appearing offline, and as far as I know, there are no settings blocking me from being able to. Does anyone know of a fix or workaround?

:)

DS1996, Jan 29, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

There are a few potential solutions for this issue:

Make sure you and your friends are all using the same version of the Xbox Game Bar app.

Try resetting the Xbox Game Bar app by going to the Windows Settings > Apps > Xbox Game Bar > Advanced Options > Reset.

Check your privacy settings on Xbox Game Bar by going to the Windows Settings > Privacy > Xbox Game Bar > Make sure "Allow invites and game invites from Xbox Game Bar" is turned on.

Try disabling the Xbox Game Bar app and then re-enabling it.,

If none of the above solutions work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox Game Bar app.

Press the Windows key + I to open the Windows Settings app.

Click on "Apps."

Scroll down and find "Xbox Game Bar."

Click on "Xbox Game Bar" and then click on "Advanced options."

Under "App settings," you'll see an option to "Pause" or "Uninstall" the app. Click on "Pause" and wait for the process to complete.

After disabling the app, you can re-enable it by going back to the "Advanced options" and clicking on "Resume" instead of "Pause"

Alternatively, you can try uninstalling the Xbox Game Bar app and then reinstalling it by following these steps:

Press the Windows key + I to open the Windows Settings app.

Click on "Apps."

Scroll down and find "Xbox Game Bar."

Click on "Xbox Game Bar" and then click on "Uninstall."

Confirm the action by clicking on "Uninstall" again.

After uninstalling the app, you can reinstall it from the Microsoft Store.

You can also try to use the Steam in-game overlay instead of Xbox Game Bar.

You can enable or disable the Steam overlay by going to Steam Settings > In-Game > Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.

It may be a bug or an issue with the Xbox Game Bar app, so it's worth trying different solutions to see if one of them resolves the issue.
  3. detonatorFIN Win User

Invite to game GREYED OUT on Xbox game bar pc.

Hey! What game are you trying to play together with them? Not all games support cross-play (PC players together with Xbox players).
  4. JasonWesoky Win User

We tried that, thanks for the suggestion. We are on the PC so i dont think NAT applies. Any other thoughts?
  5. Musicdragon2017 Win User

I would double check the game. Some game modes don't support inviting players to that specific
    game mode. Hav you checked your NAT type? If your NAT type is moderate or strict, it can cause such problems. Hit your home button, tab over to settings, then network settings, and check NAT type
  6. JasonWesoky Win User

My son’s invite to game is greyed out as well. He’s trying to play minecraft and/or fortnite With friends. i have adjusted all privacy and age and access settings and nothing works. Thanks for any help - we’ve spent two hours trying to figure this out
    and are stuck (tried going through the console as well)
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar "Invite to game" greyed out - Similar Threads - Game Bar Invite

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. How do I fix my xbox game bar not getting invites?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my xbox game bar not getting invites?: I'm on windows 11 and my game bar doesnt receive invites from others. My xbox app does but whenever I try and join through xbox app it just ask me how to open it and doesnt put me in the party. I...
  4. Notifications and invitations do not appear in the game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Notifications and invitations do not appear in the game bar: Notifications and invitations do not appear in the game bar. When I extend an invitation to a friend, he calmly accepts it and we can play in my saved game; however, when he extends an invitation...
  5. My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?: I wasn't receiving invitations through xbox game bar so looked online to fix....
  6. I'm not receiving invites from Xbox consols on game bar windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not receiving invites from Xbox consols on game bar windows 11.: I am trying to join community post, but I can't join their game invites they are on console and I'm on pc but if my pc friend invites me to their game, I can join them....
  7. Game bar wont receive invites after new game bar update.

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar wont receive invites after new game bar update.: As said in the title after the recent game bar update I cant get invites to games or parties on the game bar. It works whenever I restart my PC or reset the app but then after a good few hrs, it...
  8. I dont get party invites on my Xbox game bar - PC VERSION

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I dont get party invites on my Xbox game bar - PC VERSION: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  9. Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up: Hello, let me get straight to the point. The issues - the Xbox App on the PC doesn't really work for me. I can open it up, I can add friends and I can download games, but that's about it....
  10. Xbox game bar error to invite people or to join people

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar error to invite people or to join people: Hello, I was wanting to play Sea of Thieves for several days but it wouldn't let me play with my friends because in the game bar it wouldn't let me invite my friends. I saw that something similar...