Xbox Game Bar - Invite notifications not working and friend list doesn't show the games

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar - Invite notifications not working and friend list doesn't show the games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I'm opening a forum thread to try and figure this out with everyone. I currently have two issues that I'd love to fix since it's a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sanana94, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Sanana94
    Sanana94 Guest

Xbox Game Bar - Invite notifications not working and friend list doesn't show the games

Hello everyone.

I'm opening a forum thread to try and figure this out with everyone.

I currently have two issues that I'd love to fix since it's a bit too annoying and I mainly play on PC now.

Issue 1 (Major): I do not receive Party Chat, or Game invites on my Windows PC.
    Affected apps:
    Xbox Game Bar / Xbox On Windows
    Workaround:
    None. I need to invite my friends.
    The only notification I get is for private messages on Xbox Live. The rest of the game bar works perfectly fine. Just invites are broken.

Issue 2 (Minor): My friend list on PC never shows the game my friends are playing. Only their activity status
    Affected apps: Xbox Game Bar / Xbox On Windows
    Workaround:
    Check friend list on mobile app/website

Xbox Game Bar - Invite notifications not working and friend list doesn't show the games [​IMG]

Tried:
    - Multiple PCs (Windows 10 and Windows 11)
    - Clean install.
    - Removing (Powershell) the app and reinstalling it.
    - Checked all the settings (Notifications are on, focus assist is off).

I'm starting to believe this might be an account issue.

:)

Sanana94, Sep 7, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello Sanana94,

Considering this is an account issue, we would suggest to submit a feedback through this link please: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

If you have other concerns, you can create a new post here.

We wish you a good day!

Kind regards

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Ramsey Sahli Win User

yes me to i had to manually check every time my friend send me a game invite
  4. Sanana94 Win User

Hello,

I'm doing that now. Just out of transparency, I got this error, but I believe that's a normal one:

[​IMG]

Also the second command was missing a bracket "}"
    This is the correct one:
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers *xbox* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml}”

After all of that, the situation is still the same:

[​IMG]

And I DO NOT receive the invites.
    I also removed myself from any beta/preview regarding windows gaming.

Important: I did this before as stated in my original post, but I am doing it again for the sake of troubleshooting.
  5. Ramsey Sahli Win User

i have the same Issue 1 and it's very annoying and i tried everything and I messed up my user and I had to create new one and I still have the same issue
  6. Sanana94 Win User

That's actually a good call. Let me check that very quickly.

It's not an account issue... Just tried with my girlfriend account.

Oddly, I do receive a quiet notification in the Xbox App, but nothing on windows.
    I will never be aware of the invite unless I manually check there if I did receive anything.

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar - Invite notifications not working and friend list doesn't show the games - Similar Threads - Game Bar Invite

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. How do I fix my xbox game bar not getting invites?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my xbox game bar not getting invites?: I'm on windows 11 and my game bar doesnt receive invites from others. My xbox app does but whenever I try and join through xbox app it just ask me how to open it and doesnt put me in the party. I...
  4. Notifications and invitations do not appear in the game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Notifications and invitations do not appear in the game bar: Notifications and invitations do not appear in the game bar. When I extend an invitation to a friend, he calmly accepts it and we can play in my saved game; however, when he extends an invitation...
  5. My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?: I wasn't receiving invitations through xbox game bar so looked online to fix....
  6. I'm not receiving invites from Xbox consols on game bar windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not receiving invites from Xbox consols on game bar windows 11.: I am trying to join community post, but I can't join their game invites they are on console and I'm on pc but if my pc friend invites me to their game, I can join them....
  7. Game bar wont receive invites after new game bar update.

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar wont receive invites after new game bar update.: As said in the title after the recent game bar update I cant get invites to games or parties on the game bar. It works whenever I restart my PC or reset the app but then after a good few hrs, it...
  8. I dont get party invites on my Xbox game bar - PC VERSION

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I dont get party invites on my Xbox game bar - PC VERSION: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  9. Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up: Hello, let me get straight to the point. The issues - the Xbox App on the PC doesn't really work for me. I can open it up, I can add friends and I can download games, but that's about it....
  10. Xbox game bar error to invite people or to join people

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar error to invite people or to join people: Hello, I was wanting to play Sea of Thieves for several days but it wouldn't let me play with my friends because in the game bar it wouldn't let me invite my friends. I saw that something similar...