Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to see how much FPS the game has and I can't see it because it's constantly in a "Loading..." state, how do I fix this? [img]... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SergioHZPH, Mar 3, 2023.

1. SergioHZPH
    SergioHZPH Guest

Hi, I'm trying to see how much FPS the game has and I can't see it because it's constantly in a "Loading..." state, how do I fix this?

Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working [​IMG]

:)

SergioHZPH, Mar 3, 2023
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Game Bar - How to enable FPS counter on Windows

Hi Mark,

To use the FPS counter over your game, there are a few one-time steps you might need to take.

Important You’ll need Xbox Game Bar version
    or later to use the FPS counter.

1. Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar, then select Overlay menu > Performance.
    2. Choose the FPS tab, then press Request access.
    3. Follow the prompts, then restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

When you launch a game, the FPS counter will be ready and waiting in the Xbox Game Bar.

I hope this helps!
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi SergioHZPH!

Let's try these steps:

When you set up the FPS counter in Xbox Game Bar, your user account will be added to the Performance Log Users group (if your account is the administrator for the device or the administrator has added your account to the group). If you’re not seeing the FPS counter after restarting your PC (Request access button still appears in the FPS tab), verify that your account was added to the Performance Log Users group by typing Computer Management in the desktop search box, selecting Local Users and Groups > Groups > Performance Log Users. If you’re not seeing your account in the Members box, request access again from the FPS tab in the Game Bar Performance widget, then restart your PC.
    If you’re still not seeing FPS info after retrying access, manually add your administrator account to the group by typing Computer Management in the desktop search box, selecting Local Users and Groups > Groups > Performance Log Users, pressing Add, then following the prompts. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Reference: https://support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-ac...
  4. Francia J. Win User

Xbox game bar fps counter

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

First, make sure that you have the Xbox Game Bar version 3.34.11002.0 or later to use the FPS counter: https://www.microsoft.com/p/game-bar/9nzkpstsnw4p

1. Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar, then select Widget menu > Performance.

2. Choose the FPS tab, then press Request access.

3. Follow the prompts, then restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

When you launch a game, the FPS counter will be ready and waiting in Xbox Game Bar. For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/friends-soc...
  5. Andrew_SK_64 Win User

Xbox game bar fps counter

Thank You very much. 😀 It Works!
  6. OompaMyLoompaa Win User

Xbox Game Bar FPS Not Showing and Task Manager Performance Differences?

Hi Josef,

I did the following:

"Go to windows settings > apps > search for Game bar app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset
    Restart the PC and try again"

For some reason Game Bar app is installed but won't happen now. I have tried both pressing the Xbox button and opening it through settings. The Microsoft Store says it is installed.

EDIT: I went ahead and followed your advice, pasting the following command in PowerShell and I can now access the Game Bar app. However, the CPU usage is still showing different numbers from Task Manager.

UPDATE: Game Bar is counting frames in the Splitgate game menu, but the frame counter will disappear and read "--" and "launch new game to see FPS info" when I actually enter a game. Game Bar used to read FPS in absolutely any game, regardless of being in the menus or in-game.

FPS counter works perfectly on Halo: The Master Chief Collection, reading frames instead of "--".
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working - Similar Threads - Game Bar FPS

2. Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes: As the title says, Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes. I'll be playing the same game (ie jedi survivor) and I'd say only 30% of the time does the fps counter actually show my fps. The...
  3. PC Xbox App / Game Bar fps counter

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox App / Game Bar fps counter: There has been a lot of updates to the PC Xbox App and Game Bar recently but my Game Bar fps counter seems to just show "--" for the majority of time now. Usually fixed by completely resetting...
  4. XBox Game Bar FPS problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Game Bar FPS problem: Hello, I use a Windows 10 Home PC and log in to an admin account only. I have not signed in into Xbox Socials in my Game Bar. I have pinned my performance widget as an overlay onto my screen and...
  5. Xbox game bar FPS counter issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar FPS counter issue: Hello, Well I've recently tried to enable the Xbox game bar FPS counter function. Problem is even after I gave User Account Control to the game bar and restarted it the game bar still shows the...
  6. Xbox Game Bar won't show my fps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't show my fps.: So, for some reason when I tried to Request Access, it won't load or it won't work. I even have the latest version. feaf4b0c-61da-46aa-b5d1-6244c6214efe
  7. Xbox Game Bar FPS Not Showing and Task Manager Performance Differences?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar FPS Not Showing and Task Manager Performance Differences?: Hi there, as an Xbox controller player on PC I have relied on the Xbox Game Bar app for a long time. Recently, my FPS counter has not been working. It will read "--" instead of a number, while...
  8. How do I fix Xbox game bar not recording last 30 seconds at 60 fps all the last 30 second...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix Xbox game bar not recording last 30 seconds at 60 fps all the last 30 second...: well whenever i clip the last 30 seconds of my game (minecraft) the clips aren't at 60 fps but lower, how can i fix this? c1333bcd-18b0-4fcd-b2b6-6fe506bba42d
  9. Windows 11 Home - Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working, even after adding my account to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 Home - Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working, even after adding my account to...: Using Windows 11 Home so the computer management solution does not work. It says that I need to request access, which I have done. Accepted it all and restarted my laptpo, but stil not working. I...
  10. Game bar FPS counter not accurate

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar FPS counter not accurate: The game bar FPS counter seems to be really off. I get about 400 FPS in rocket league but game bar only shows 200. Same for some intensive games like bf that says I’m only getting like 40 but I...