Xbox game bar FPS counter issue

Discus and support Xbox game bar FPS counter issue in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, Well I've recently tried to enable the Xbox game bar FPS counter function. Problem is even after I gave User Account Control to the game bar... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RandomAvgeek, Mar 19, 2023.

1. RandomAvgeek
    RandomAvgeek Guest

Hello,

Well I've recently tried to enable the Xbox game bar FPS counter function. Problem is even after I gave User Account Control to the game bar and restarted it the game bar still shows the same page of "You need expnded Acount Control" yada yada yada.

Jumping straight to the point here, I've followed the community guides and Xbox guides for this problem where it asked me to use the local group policy editor in Computer Management. Problem is: my Windows 10 home cannot acces the Local Group Policy Editor in Computer management unless if I have Win 10 pro.

So my question is: is there any way to fix the problem without accesing local groups settings in computer management?

(I can't get a screenshot of the message though because for some reason the message dissapears whenever I take SS)

Btw am using Direct X 12 and my window is at the most recent version at this time, all drivers are updated and stuff.

:)

RandomAvgeek, Mar 19, 2023
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Game Bar - How to enable FPS counter on Windows

Hi Mark,

To use the FPS counter over your game, there are a few one-time steps you might need to take.

Important You’ll need Xbox Game Bar version
    or later to use the FPS counter.

1. Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar, then select Overlay menu > Performance.
    2. Choose the FPS tab, then press Request access.
    3. Follow the prompts, then restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

When you launch a game, the FPS counter will be ready and waiting in the Xbox Game Bar.

I hope this helps!
  3. RandomAvgeek Win User

First of all, thank you!

Your idea really worked and this second account is able to monitor fps count and such.
    Though if I may wonder, is there any way to let the admin use the FPS counter as well or is it only possible for the second account to access this FPS counter?
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello RandomAvgeek,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

Local Users and Groups is not available on Windows 10 Home Edition.

Performance log option can be set by setting a group member level of access on Home edition of Windows 10.

First is you will need to create a new user

Go to Settings > Family and other users

Click add someone else to this PC

(Please note: not to do this on the Admin account. You may lose admin access)

Once done creating other user

We need to change its access level to Performance Log option

Type netplwiz from the search bar

This will open User Account

Locate the new user you created, click to highlight then click Properties

Move to the group membership tab

Click other then choose on the dropdown Performance Log Users

You need to logoff and log back in on this user then test the game bar if it now shows FPS Counter.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello RandomAvgeek,

For Home users we cannot apply Performance Log Users under and admin profile like we can for Pro user, I don't believe that we have a work around on this since for Home in order for you to set Performance Log Users means changing the profile to Custom which would deselect the admin option. We do not recommend this since it may cause profile issues, like losing admin as I mention on the first response.

I suggest you submit a feedback request on the feedback hub with this matter: The Feedback Hub app lets you tell Microsoft about any problems you run into while using Windows 11 or Windows 10. You can also send suggestions to help us improve your Windows experience.

See the steps here: Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app - Microsoft Support
  6. Francia J. Win User

Xbox game bar fps counter

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

First, make sure that you have the Xbox Game Bar version 3.34.11002.0 or later to use the FPS counter: https://www.microsoft.com/p/game-bar/9nzkpstsnw4p

1. Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar, then select Widget menu > Performance.

2. Choose the FPS tab, then press Request access.

3. Follow the prompts, then restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

When you launch a game, the FPS counter will be ready and waiting in Xbox Game Bar. For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/friends-soc...
Thema:

1. Xbox game bar FPS counter issue - Similar Threads - game bar FPS

2. Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes: As the title says, Xbox game bar fps counter only works sometimes. I'll be playing the same game (ie jedi survivor) and I'd say only 30% of the time does the fps counter actually show my fps. The...
  3. PC Xbox App / Game Bar fps counter

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox App / Game Bar fps counter: There has been a lot of updates to the PC Xbox App and Game Bar recently but my Game Bar fps counter seems to just show "--" for the majority of time now. Usually fixed by completely resetting...
  4. XBox Game Bar FPS problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Game Bar FPS problem: Hello, I use a Windows 10 Home PC and log in to an admin account only. I have not signed in into Xbox Socials in my Game Bar. I have pinned my performance widget as an overlay onto my screen and...
  5. Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working: Hi, I'm trying to see how much FPS the game has and I can't see it because it's constantly in a "Loading..." state, how do I fix this? [img] 0e7b2628-aa3d-4a2d-a619-536f622d3197
  6. Xbox Game Bar won't show my fps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't show my fps.: So, for some reason when I tried to Request Access, it won't load or it won't work. I even have the latest version. feaf4b0c-61da-46aa-b5d1-6244c6214efe
  7. Xbox Game Bar FPS Not Showing and Task Manager Performance Differences?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar FPS Not Showing and Task Manager Performance Differences?: Hi there, as an Xbox controller player on PC I have relied on the Xbox Game Bar app for a long time. Recently, my FPS counter has not been working. It will read "--" instead of a number, while...
  8. How do I fix Xbox game bar not recording last 30 seconds at 60 fps all the last 30 second...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix Xbox game bar not recording last 30 seconds at 60 fps all the last 30 second...: well whenever i clip the last 30 seconds of my game (minecraft) the clips aren't at 60 fps but lower, how can i fix this? c1333bcd-18b0-4fcd-b2b6-6fe506bba42d
  9. Windows 11 Home - Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working, even after adding my account to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 Home - Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working, even after adding my account to...: Using Windows 11 Home so the computer management solution does not work. It says that I need to request access, which I have done. Accepted it all and restarted my laptpo, but stil not working. I...
  10. Game bar FPS counter not accurate

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar FPS counter not accurate: The game bar FPS counter seems to be really off. I get about 400 FPS in rocket league but game bar only shows 200. Same for some intensive games like bf that says I’m only getting like 40 but I...