xbox game bar doesnt work

Discus and support xbox game bar doesnt work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As per title Also, when I contact chat support, the chat box disappears, and I can't type to the agent. Just switched to Windows 11 and currently... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by zPayLoad, Oct 7, 2022.

1. zPayLoad
    zPayLoad Guest

As per title

Also, when I contact chat support, the chat box disappears, and I can't type to the agent.

Just switched to Windows 11 and currently wishing I didn't bother

:)

zPayLoad, Oct 7, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this ZPAYLOAD

Please try each option below, one should do the trick:

A. Reset and repair the game bar

Go to windows settings > apps > search for game bar app > click on it and select advanced options.
    After that, click repair and then reset and try again

B. Reinstall the game bar via powershell command

Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Now head over to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar, install it and give it a new try

C. Delete the registry keys associated with the game bar :

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.
    Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and try again
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Game bar doesnt work on fullscreen.

Hello, skill S. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using the Game Bar on Fortnite.

That being said, I would like to share the following potential solutions that may help to discard any issue with the game bar.

Please skip the ones you already tried:

A. Press the Windows key and type Game Bar, then right click on it and click on “app settings”
    Then click on “repair” and “reset”.
    After this, restart your PC before trying again.

B. Open a new PowerShell window as administrator.
    Then copy and paste the following command:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC after running the command, open the Microsoft Store and install the game bar from there before trying again.

C. Open the Run window (shortcut is Windows key + R), type regedit and hit enter.

Go to the following path:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Click the GameDVR folder and delete everything listed there except the file that says “Default”.

Restart the PC and try again.

I'll remain attentive to your answers.

Regards,

Arturo.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

my game bar doesnt work

Hello, OfficeKitten. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Please go to start > Search for PowerShell > Right click > Run as administrator. Type the following command and press enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your computer and test Game Bar again. Please let me know how it goes.
  5. leonharlick Win User

Xbox Game Bar

hello,

ms-settings:appsfeatures doesnt bring up any options to reset game bar.

the mic works fine when game bar isnt in background.

game bar isnt listed in apps and yet searching in store shows game bar as installed.
  6. Yanyannnn Win User

Xbox game bar party audio doesnt work

Hello Quartz_scar,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to fix your issue with Xbox Game Bar. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some troubleshooting steps here that we may use for the issue.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-May I know what was the last changes/updates you made on your end before the issue occurred?
    -Are you getting any error message?

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

Enable Xbox Game Bar via Settings

1. Press Win + I key and launch Windows Settings
    2. Click the Gaming tab in the left pane and select Xbox Game Bar
    3. Toggle the button next to Open Xbox Game Bar to “On
    4. Reboot the system to apply changes and then launch Xbox Game Bar

Repair or Reset Xbox Game Bar

1. Press Win + I key to launch Windows Settings
    2. Click Apps > Apps & features
    3. Search for “Xbox Game Bar” in the search box and hit Enter
    4. Next, click the three-dot > Advanced options
    5. Select Repair. If this does not do anything, select Reset

Use Registry Editor

1. Press Win + R to open the Run window
    2. Type regedit and then press Enter
    3. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR
    4. Look for the AppCatureEnabled key. If you cannot find it, right-click on the space > New > DROWD (32 bit) Value. Name it as AppCaptureEnabled > double-click and set value data to 1.
    5. Try to use Xbox Game Bar and see if issue is resolved

Repair the ieframe.dll file

1. In the search bar, type Command Prompt > right-click > Run as administrator
    2. Type in the following commands. Ensure that you press Enter after entering each command:
      • sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
      • sfc /verifyfile=c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
      • assoc
      • sfc /scannow
    3. Restart your PC and see if Xbox Game Bar is working

Use Local Group Policy Editor to Enable Xbox Game Bar

1. Press Win + R to open the Run window
    2. Type gpedit.msc and press Enter
    3. Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting
    4. You will see Enables or Disables Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting in the right pane. Double click on it and select Enabled
    5. Click Apply > Ok to save changes

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
      Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. xbox game bar doesnt work - Similar Threads - game bar doesnt

2. Xbox game bar party audio doesnt work

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox game bar party audio doesnt work: xbox game bar party chat isnt working for me. i join a party I can hear them but they can only hear me when I have the game bar open, which is a problem because i cannot play a game with it...
  3. Game bar doesnt work in background anymore

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar doesnt work in background anymore: I have this weird problem, where the game bar app only pics up my mic, when its actively open... It also only works, if I pin the widget on my screen. But thats just annoying, when In play...
  4. I want to lfg forza horizon 5, but when i open game bar, widget the lfg. the game doesnt...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to lfg forza horizon 5, but when i open game bar, widget the lfg. the game doesnt...: I want to lfg forza horizon 5, but when i open game bar, widget the lfg. the game doesnt pop up for me. i reset my pc, signed in and out and nothing. if yk how to fix please help....
  5. Game doesnt show in group posts (game bar on pc)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game doesnt show in group posts (game bar on pc): In the xbox game bar for pc, one game (Forza Horizon 5) is not showing up in group posts but on xbox it still does. What is the reason for this? (i've already tried repairing and reseting it but...
  6. Hello, I cant use game bar because "your pc doesnt meet the hardwer req. for captures"

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, I cant use game bar because "your pc doesnt meet the hardwer req. for captures": I have i3 10105f amd radeon rx 6400 0409271d-eb2d-4e7d-9bc5-3f7a6376f39e
  7. When I click the guide button on my controller, it doesnt bring up xbox game bar.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I click the guide button on my controller, it doesnt bring up xbox game bar.: Doing win+g brings it up. The setting IS enabled in settings and the Shortcuts Menu in Game Bar. What I've tried: Changing the registry values Toggling the setting on and off Updating the...
  8. Does anyone know why my xbox game bar audio doesnt work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does anyone know why my xbox game bar audio doesnt work: I dont know how to fix my audio and i tried fixing settings but you cant delte the app xbox game bar sadly because I wanted to delete it and re get the app but I cant delete it...
  9. X-BOX game bar doesnt record my voice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X-BOX game bar doesnt record my voice: Hi, I like to use xbox game bars option to record last 30 seconds of my screen and audio, but my michrophone audio never gets recorded. If I try to record using alt+r then if I press on...
  10. my game bar doesnt work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my game bar doesnt work: when i go to my game bar to get there i press the windows key + alt + G and that brings up the game bar now it shows that the game bar is loading so then i wait for it to load and it exits the...